• Published 15th Nov 2014
  • 3,674 Views, 88 Comments

Desert Ranger of Equestria - Alpha777



Courier 6, or Edward, had just left the NCR after aiding them to defend the Hoover Dam from Caesar's Legion, then a portal opened and sucked him in into the world of Equestria, where he meets new friends, go on new adventures, and more.

  • ...
11
 88
 3,674

Definitely not in the Wasteland anymore

from Fallout 3, The Holy Bible

Revelation, 21:6

'I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning an the end,

I will give on to him that is athirst from the fountain of water

of Life, freely'


Hoover Dam, few miles from Boulder City, NV

after the 2nd Battle of Hoover Dam in NCR's victory

Hours has passed since the battle at Hoover Dam had ended. The NCR, both the Infantry and Rangers, celebrated their great victory with their new found allies. The BOS (aka the Brotherhood of Steel), the Stripe (including Yes Man who replaced Mr. House), the Boomers, and others made their agreement with the New California Republic and aided each other from there on. Edward, or known as Courier 6, didn't stay for long when the battle was over, for he still have many more travels of the rest of the Wasteland. Edward was wearing a Desert Ranger armor with a Desert Ranger helmet with a description that says, 'FORGIVE ME MAMA.' He found the set in a cave while he aided the Burned Man and the others in the Zion Canyon. He also wields a special .357 Magnum Revolver nicknamed 'Lucky', a Anti-Material Rifle, a combat knife, a special Battle Rifle known as 'The Machine', a 9mm pistol that used to belong to Benny called 'Maria', a .45 submachine gun, and a .45 pistol nicknamed 'Light Shining in Darkness'. He walked after a few miles with his friends, Boone and ED-E, until they've reached the cross roads to the NCR Mojave Outpost, Primm and Goodsprings, and Nipton.

Edward turned toward his friends and said, "Well, I guess this is it guys. This might be the last time we will ever see each other." Edward took his helmet off to see his friends without it on. His appearance was pale skin, green eyes, auburn hair that is comb-over, and no beard, surprisingly. He then smiled towards them as if it is alright, but sorrow filled his heart. He knows he will miss their company, but he will grow out of it.

"Yeah, I guess it is it. Huh, you know, I never thought that I would ever be this sort of journey took me when I decided to come along with you just to end up having what we just been through, ant to say that I'm glad I did. All I have to say is that it was a pleasure being by your side till the end, Edward." Boone replied. He wore a NCR Infantry uniform with a red beret and Ariel Sunglasses, wielding a sniper rifle and a combat knife.

<Sad beeping>

Edward looked towards ED-E and reassure him. "Don't worry, ED-E, we might meet each other again." He turns to face both of them and continued. "All of us will meet each other again, but until then, goodbye."

"Goodbye, make sure you don't get yourself killed out there, Ed." Boone said as he went back towards Nipton and return back to his home in Novac.

<Beeping>

ED-E tried to say goodbye but said instead with beeps, but Edward knew he said goodbye.

"Goodbye ED-E, I promise we will meet each other again, and make sure you don't become something raiders use as target practice, okay?" Edward replied.

<Agreeing beeping>

Edward smiled and said, "Okay, good. now get back to Primm or, if you want, Goodsprings, if you want." He put on his helmet as he watched ED-E floated away towards the route towards Primm.

Edward walked around the intersection because of the fallen bridge and headed towards the gas station for the night. He stayed outside as he watch the sunset and watched the stars afterwards. He turned on his radio on his Pipboy and relaxed as he listens to his favorite tune before heading inside to rest.

Continue on reading after the song ends

It was early in the morning that the sun has not yet rised from the horizon. Edward got up and pack everything up and headed out. He beginning having flashbacks from his memories while in the Capital Wasteland, before and after he left Vault 101. He thought of his father and the way he always looked up to, even now. He also remembers his old friends like Fawkes, Dogmeat, and the others, including his best friend Amata. He always have good memories with her and stayed a friend after all they been through when she was in the Vault, while he roamed the Wasteland in searched for his father. Truths were learned, as well as lies while his days there. He battle against Talon Mercs, Super Mutants, Raiders, hostile robots, the wildlife, even against the Enclave, and won each and every one of them.

He sighed and continued his travel towards the ruins of the City of Angels. An hour passed by without him being attacked by anyone or anything. He thought, 'Strange, usually by now, there would been someone or something trying to kill me as always, and always happens every few minutes or so. I don't like this. I must keep goi....'.

His mind was interrupted when a portal suddenly opened which made Edward jumped. He pulled out 'Lucky' and aimed it towards the portal, prepared for anything to jump out to kill him, but lowered his gun when nothing came out. 'What the Hell, where in God's name did this come from?' He slowly stepped towards the portal very cautiously, with his hand on his weapon. After the 7th step, he then felt that the portal was sucking him in and reacted, but was too late. Edward was sucked in before he know it.



Ponyville, Equestria 11:34 P.M.

Twilight's Library


Twilight was studying the stars for future navigational purposes. Spike was asleep in his bed when Twilight noticed a bright light in the Everfree Forest. Twilight mumbled, "Whoa, what was that light? What could it be?"

She turned and ran towards Spike and shook him to wake saying, "Spike! Spike, wake up!"

"Uuugh, what is the big deal Twilight? Why did you wake me up at this time, and I was having such a good dream too." Spike ask as he rubbed his eyes.

"Hurry Spike. Look at that bright light over there." Twilight said, and Spike walked up and looked out the window. His eyes widened when he saw the bright light in the Everfree.

Spike ask, "What do you think it could be?"

"I don't know Spike, but whatever it is, we need to tell the others about...." Twilight was interrupted by a series of knockings.

"I'll get it!" Spike said as he ran towards the door while Twilight followed behind. He opened the door to be greeted by Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, Rarity, and Applejack.

"HI SPIKE! HI TWILIGHT! I gotten the others and came here to tell you that my 'Pinkie Sense' tells me there will be somepony new!" Pinkie Pie rambled as she bounce into Twilight's home.

Rainbow Dash yawned and said, "Yeah, that is great and all, but why did you bring us to Twilight's home, Pinkie?"

Twilight smiled and said, "Hi girls! We were going to get you but thanks to Pinkie, we can get started."

"You see, I was star gazing and taking notes until I notice a bright light from the Everfree not too long ago." Twilight explained as her friends listened when she finished.

Applejack ask, "Let me guess, we're goin' intu the Everfree tomorrow mornin' to investigate, right?"

"You are completely right, AJ. We will all meet at Fluttershy's cottage and head out afterwards, until then, see you girls in the morning." Twilight said and one by one all of Twilight's friends left to rest up for tomorrow. Twilight walked upstairs and saw that Spike was already asleep. She smiled and covered him with his blanket and went to bed, not knowing that by tomorrow morning, she and her friends' lives are going to changed.


Everfree Forest, near Ponyville, Equestria

8:00 A.M. on a Wednesday


Edward groaned as he slowly gain consciousness after hours when he gotten sucked in through the strange portal. He rubbed his head and noticed something is different, besides the trees. He looked at what used to be his hands which are replaced with hooves instead. Edward freaked out and ran towards a large pond. What he saw from the reflection shocked him. He was turned into some sort of creature he learned from one of the Old World books. He was now something called a 'horse' or 'pony.' He sighed and mumbled, "Great, just great. First I was sucked in by a fucking hell portal, and now I been changed into a fucking horse, no, correction, a unicorn." He sighed again and mumbled, "Well, at least I'm not dead, that's for sure."

He walked away from the pond a few feet and stopped. He looked around the area and after he finished, he thought, 'Well, one thing for sure, I am not in the Mojave Wasteland anymore, or for that matter, the entire Wasteland. So the question is, where am I?'



To be continued..........

Author's Note:

Hope you like this one. comment me if you want more:twilightsmile:

(P.S. If you don't know what is the City of Angels, It is a nickname for Los Angeles. Other known nicknames like for Las Vegas, it's Sin City, because of gambling, drinking, and crime; for New York City, it is, of course, the Big Apple)