• Published 25th Apr 2012
  • 1,031 Views, 17 Comments

Charm Bracer - CharmBracer



Charm Bracer is an awkward and charming pony. He hates parties and social events.

  • ...
2
 17
 1,031

Chapter Four

Chapter Four

When I came to, I was in a swirling torrent of pain. Also, I was in a trash can. I suppose I deserved it considering what I did to Pinkie. I mean, all she wanted to do was throw a party for me. I crawled out of the trash can and observed my surroundings. I was just outside of Sugarcube Corner. The party was over, and I was pretty sure that it was the morning after the party. Rainbow Dash has quite a kick.

First things first, I had to go find Pinkie and apologize. But where could she be? I decided my best course of action would be to ask all of her fellow Elements of Harmony where she could have possibly gone. If only it was that easy.

Twilight had Spike - her little dragon assistant - slam the door in my face. Rarity called me a 'rude, black-hearted idiot' and then slammed the door in my face. Applejack said that I was a 'terrible co-worker and friend fer goin' and hurtin' Pinkie Pah like that' and slammed the door in my face. Fluttershy said she 'wouldn't help such a mean pony get near Pinkie Pie' and then had Angel Bunny - her pet rabbit - slam the door in my face. Rainbow Dash didn't say a word. She just kicked my face again before slamming the door in it.

When I had snapped my jaw back in place I thought for a second. Where could that pony be? I shoved my mussle into my hoof. Sugarcube Corner, of course. She probably came back over the night I was completely deservingly knocked out. I rubbed my face a bit. It still hurt from Rainbow Dash bucking me. I hadn't noticed in my 'find Pinkie' haze, but it really did hurt. I walked toward the Corner on my three hooves, the fourth still rubbing my face.

Ponies looked at me with undisguised hatred as I walked to the bakery. I completely deserved it.

"Hey guys, look! A tomato stand! Let's throw them at him!" yelled someone in the crowd. I suppose I have this all coming... I thought as the first fruit... vegetable... thing... made contact with my face. Then my flank. Then my horn. These ponies have great aim! I knocked on the closed door of Sugarcube Corner, but nothing happened.

"Hello? Pinkie? I came to apologize! I'm really sorry about what I said last night, and I wanted to know how you felt!" I yelled through the door. It creaked open a bit, showing how dark it was in the bakery. I took a look inside, turning my head side to side. I swallowed my nerves and stepped into the Corner. The darkness was suffocating as the door slowly creaked shut behind me.

"I'm in the basement if you want to apologize so bad!" yelled Pinkie's voice. No, not Pinkie's voice! This had a bit of a maniacal tone to it... a planning tone... I stepped cautiously down the stairs, each of them creaking under my weight. WhenI reached the floor of the basement, it was very cold under my hooves. I shivered, both for my cold hooves and the pressing darkness. How Pinkie had been down here was beyond me. I could hardly stand half a minute down here.

"Have a seat in that chair if you want, hehehe..." she cackled. That giggle was horrifying, but I complied. I didn't want to do anything to hurt Pinkie's feelings again after last night.

I sat down in the uncomfortable chair. As soon as I sat down, cuffs locked down on my hooves. I tried to pull my hooves out, but they were trapped.

"Now Pinkie, this isn't funny! Let me go!" I yelled in fear. The lights flicked on revealing a straight haired Pinkie Pie with a rather sharp utensil in her hands. I squirmed in the chair trying to get free. I started to sweat all over. My mane became matted to my forehead as Pinkie stepped up to me.

"Oh I'll let you go alright... TO TARTARUS WHERE YOU BELONG!" she screamed.

"Pinkie no! I'm sorry!" but it was too late. She giggled more as she drove the instrument into my stomach.

***

I flinched, coming back to reality. Oh thank Celestia, it was just a daydream! I thought in relief. I stepped into the Corner and flicked the light on. In the middle of the confectionary lay a very distraught Pinkie Pie. Her mane was straight and a darker pink than usual, and around the floor lay many wrappers of cupcakes.

"Pinkie? Are you ok? Like I said, I really want to say how sorry I am... I didn't mean that at all. The party was great, and so are you! You're a great friend Pinkie, too bad I'm not..." I said slowly. When I said, "great friend" her mane poofed up only slightly. My legs tensed, a deeply practiced reflex since I met Pinkie. To my surprise, all she did was turn around.

"Do you really mean that?" she said quietly. I stepped a bit closer, and then moved over to her side. I put a forehoof around her shoulders and turned her head to look into my eyes.

"Of course Pinkie. I've never had someone as kind and thoughtful as you as a friend before. That party meant a lot to me, it's just that with Fluttershy and the noise and..." I stopped mid-sentence, "I can't justify my behaviour last night. I'm so sorry Pinkie. Can you forgive me?"

She was quiet for a second. My heart was threatening to blast out of my chest. I was really hoping to be forgiven.

"Sure, Charmie. I can forgive you... what happened to your face?" Pinkie asked, pointing to my cheek where Rainbow Dash had kicked me.

"Oh, that? Rainbow Dash kicked me. Don't worry about it, I deserved it." Pinkie looked deep into my eyes. I looked back into hers steadily. She had a certain... glint to hers though. I didn't know what it was.

"You know, maybe your talent isn't so stupid after all..." she said, leaning into my face. I pulled away.

"Woah, woah, woah. Sorry Pinkie, we aren't that close," I said, feeling a bit bad about the statement though. To my relief she nodded understandingly.

"Right, of course Charmie. I do need to go tell my friends that I forgave you though! I'll be back in a jiffy!" she yelled, poofing out the door. I smiled. That was easier than I'd hoped... SLAM!!! Face... meet floor. Curse you, cutie mark! I DIDN'T WANT THIS TO HAPPEN HERE! Luckily only one of them had actually gone for it, even though it wasn't Fluttershy... it was Pinkie. Pinkie? I slammed my face into the floor... again.

***

After I had apologized to everyone and likewise, we had a new party. Fluttershy was at this one as well. I walked up to talk to her.

"Hey, Fluttershy! What do you think of the party?" I asked her over the music.

"Hm? Oh, I like it! It's just as great as all of Pinkie's parties!" she called back. I looked around for a quiet spot to talk to Fluttershy alone. I really needed to do this, to get over my shyness and my awkwardness and just ask her out already.

"Can I talk to you somewhere quiet?" I yelled.

"Sure!" she said. I pulled her into a quiet corner and asked her to dinner after the party.

"Oh... I'd love to, but I'm already with someone..." she said to me. I was crestfallen. My disappointment turned to rage, however, as I saw just who it was she was waiting for. That blank green flank was way too familiar to me. I slammed my hooves on the table.

"CELESTIA CURSE YOU, GRAZER!!!!!" I yelled into the night. Always Grazer... but as I said... that's a story for another day...




THE END







Or is it?