• Published 8th Apr 2016
  • 1,458 Views, 43 Comments

Jailed - ladyanaconda



What could possibly be worse than jail? A Krussian jail. Especially if you're a certain shy pegasus .

  • ...
1
 43
 1,458

Visit Day

The two days she had to wait for Saturday felt like a thousand years. Fluttershy made her best to stay out of trouble, but it was hard when trouble seemed to be looking for her. After what happened, she tried not to touch the subject again with Swift Tail, though he seemed to have forgotten about it and went back to his apathetic manners and stoic expression, while Fire Throat tried to get as much information out of the other inmates about Neckslicer's other bidders for Fluttershy's hair, but Neckslicer seemed bent on not giving the hair back to her, either out of spite or because he simply wanted to annoy her. From what he could extract from other inmates, however, it seemed two of the other Big Five, and a few of Neckslicer's 'regular clients' were offering him lots of dough for it, though when it came to who could offer him the most it would come down to the two members Big Five, and the highest bid of any of those two. Her mild skills at making dresses soon proved to be a bit useful, she had already earned a bit of the respect of the inmates working in her area, but that didn't give her any advantage in the 'hierarchy', considering most of those inmates were 'sheep' or the weaklings. Twister had been taken out of solitary confinement, but she had not seen him around, at least not yet, and she hoped she wouldn't encounter him alone.

At eleven o' clock, Fluttershy and a few other inmates form other cell blocks were taken back through the doors she had come in when she first arrived, but led through a different corridor. Fluttershy trembled at the sight of the black wolves the guards kept in that part, probably to sniff out possible 'mules', the ones who smuggled contraband into the prison. They were led into a room with frumpy gray walls, but it didn't seem as intimidating as the rest of the rooms of the place. It looked like a serious cafeteria, but there were a few hatchling-made drawings on the walls, and another barred door from where the visits would come in. The other Temnokt headed towards any table they had nearby, but as Fluttershy was about to head to one, she was pulled back by the wings -since she no longer had a tail the guards could pull her with they had taken to pulling her by the wings-by a guard.

"Newbie, your circumstances are... complicated." he said, unsympathetically. "Since you have too many visitors and no more than two are allowed in here and the visits last until one o' clock you'll have one visitor at once for ten minutes. Is that clear?"

She wouldn't get to see her friends at once? And she only got to see them for ten minutes each?! That wasn't fair! But then again, she was in no position to complain. "O-Okay..." Fluttershy whispered.

"Good. Now go to your table and wait."

Fluttershy headed towards the table nearest to the barred door, and it opened. A few drakes or dradies-some drakes accompanied by a small hatchling-stepped in, going to the tables where the other inmates waited. Fluttershy heard greetings-some filled with joy when they say their loved ones again, others having a rather neutral response-exchanged, before a very familiar voice called her attention.

"FLUTTERSHY!"

Fluttershy whipped her head around and saw Twilight galloping towards her. "TWILIGHT!" She immediately left the table and galloped towards her friend, the two wrapping hooves around each other, and Fluttershy bursting into tears of joy as she felt the familiar warmth of one of her friends once again.

Twilight pulled back, her own eyes glossy from the joy of seeing her friend again, only to gasp in utter shock when she saw the chunks of hair left of Fluttershy's mane and tail. "What the-?! What happened to your hair?!"

"It was h-horrible, one of the B-Big Five, he... He c-cut my hair... I d-didn't want to..."

"I can't believe this...! One of the Big Five, you say?" Twilight had the feeling of who those 'big five' were, she had read everything about Krussian prisons, this one in particular, and asked some drakes around in order to find useful information Fluttershy could use to keep herself alive in this hell. She motioned Fluttershy to sit to the table; they managed to climb unto it with some difficulty. "What has happened? Tell me everything."

"Well, I've been getting by, sort of... I made two friends here..."

"Wait, wait, friends?"

"Um, Fire Throat and Swift Tail. I wouldn't say we're close friends, but they are the only ones who have been nice to me..."

"Fluttershy, you know I would usually encourage you to make new friends, especially with another especies, but this is a prison. You can't trust them completely, they were put here for a reason. What makes you think they are not just hanging around you because they want something?"

Fluttershy hadn't thought about that possibility, but up to now they hadn't given her any reason to distrust them. "I know, but being alone is very dangerous... Are the others outside?"

Twilight knew she was changing the subject, but there were important matters she had to tell her, anyway. "The guards didn't let us come in all at once, they said we only had ten minutes each to see you. Princess Celestia has gotten into talks with King Bittercold about your case, he says he will do what he can to have the case reopened, but unless we have actual proof that it was somepony else who committed the crime there's little he can do." Twilight handed Fluttershy a large bag. "Princess Celestia sends this for you, it's two thousand obsids. You can buy protection with this for some time, she'll be sending it each month, the average time the influential inmates take in collecting the payment."

Fluttershy accepted the bad. "Thank Princess Celestia for me, please." She had one thing less to worry about, until suddenly she recalled the price Neckslicer had put for her hair... She temporally shook the thought off her head. "How are the girls doing? How's Discord and the triplets?"

"Everypony's worried about you, especially Discord and Rainbow Dash. They are afraid the other inmates could have hurt you." Twilight sighed. "The triplets miss you too. Fukkuteru's sister is looking after them while we're here, but..."

"Time's up, egghead!" a guard from the entrance called out. "Get your flank out of there or I'll drag you by the tail!"

"Seriously?!" Twilight couldn't believe even the guards had to call her that just because she was constantly taking notes. Fluttershy either. Had time flown so fast? Twilight turned to her friend sadly, and held her hoof reassuringly. "Be strong, Fluttershy."

Reluctantly, Fluttershy waved Twilight goodbye as she left through the door. Soon after, the next visitor was allowed to come in, a cyan pegasus with rainbow mane.

"Fluttershy!" Rainbow Dash flew half-way to the table when one of the guards yelled. "NO FLYING"! he startled the other inmates and their visitors, including one of the young hatchlings. Rainbow Dash growled and landed on the stone floor, but soon her irritation faded away when she saw Fluttershy again. "Holy-! Fluttershy, your hair-!"

"I know." Fluttershy sighed as Rainbow Dash came to sit next to her.

"Those-! I swear, if I had them in front of me I'd give them some buck sandwiches!" Rainbow Dash cracked her hooves. "Tell me their names and I'll deal with them!"

"Rainbow, believe me when I tell you that you don't want to deal with the guys who did this..."

"Nopony, or Temnokt, messes with my friends and gets away with it!"

"These are no normal Temnokt, Rainbow Dash. They are criminals."

"When Rarity sees this, she's going to have a heart attack. You should have seen her face when we went to Fashion Row, according to Fukkuteru it's Kruscow's créme de la créme when it comes to boutiques in Krussia, but when Rarity tried to go into one a bucking giant spider opened the door!" Rainbow Dash burst out in laughter, pulling Fluttershy closer by the shoulders. "The look on her face! Fukkuteru forgot to mention that fashion designers have a certain breed of spiders as workers... I don't recall their names, but Rarity fainted on the spot! I mean, come on! It's not like it was Mothra or something!" Rainbow Dash felt something crawling on her hoof, and spotted a large bug on it.

Wait, BUG?!

"WHOA!"

Fluttershy gasped in fright when Rainbow Dash fell back out of sudden, shaking Roachie off her hoof as she did so. Roachie quickly crawled up the table and under Fluttershy's wing, trembling. "Rainbow, you scared Roachie."

"I scared him?!" Rainbow Dash pointed at the hidden cockroach. "Who is him, by the way?!"

"His name is Roachie, he was my first friend here."

"Oh. In that case, any friend of Fluttershy is a friend of mine!" the pegasus got back on her hooves and did a small hoof-leg bump with the cockroach. "Just don't come out when Rarity comes in, because she's going to make a ruckus about it."

The guard called out to Rainbow Dash. "Time's up!"

Rainbow Dash grumbled under her breath as she glared at the guard, but nevertheless she shared one last hoof-bump with Fluttershy as she trotted out of the room. Shortly after, Applejack galloped in, completely ignoring the guard's yell of no running, and jumped unto the table, earning glares from the guards in turn, but she didn't bucking care about what those scaly rears thought. She wanted to make sure her friend was okay. She didn't mind the large cockroach on a side of the table.

"Fluttershy, are you hurt?! Twilight told us one of the Big Five cut off all of your mane and tail!"

"I'm okay, thank Celestia..." she sighed. "But I'm still a bit shaken..."

"I'm glad you are alright, sugarcube." Applejack sighed, smiling sadly. "But when you're dealing with mean ol' drakes like these, you have to tae some extra precaution."

"Twilight told me not to trust anytemnokt in here..."

"I have to agree with her on that one, Fluttershy. These are no normal outlaws, I can tell with one glance they are more dangerous than they appear, and those guys who call themselves 'guards' don't seem to be helpful at all, are they?"

"They aren't at all... It seems they will only intervene when there's a life-threatening situation, otherwise they just.... stare at us, sometimes they even bet on somepony..."

"And what was that about a psychopath attacking you?!"

Fluttershy froze. "Oh... That... Who told you...?"

"When we came in, the lizard faces made fun of you saying you nearly got 'broken by brokenfang', whatever the hay that means! The only thing that kept me from giving them a good bucking was that Fukkuteru said I could spend six months in jail for aggression towards a security official." Applejack's grip on Fluttershy's hoof became tighter. "But tell me exactly what happened."

"Umm... He is called Twister by the other inmates... He just came to me asking me a question, but his eyes were... A bit... Well, I don't know how to say it, but I could tell he was..."

"Say it, sugarcube, he was nuts."

"Yeah, that. Anyway, he turned hostile when I tried to leave, and that was when the guards put him on a straightjacket and took him away to solitary confinement."

"I don't know how Krussian law acts regarding mentally ill individuals, but that drake should be in an asylum, why is he in a prison instead?"

"One of my... friends here told me his family sent him here because it would be less scandalous than having him sent to a mental institution. He was okay till his sister stopped visiting him..."

"That doesn't excuse mixing green apples with red apples! You don't place mentally ill people with dangerous inmates, the result could be disastrous! I may not know that much about laws, but I do know that mixing sheep and goats together can only end one way-"

"NEXT!"

Applejack sighed sadly, and squeezed Fluttershy's hoof once more. "We're getting you out of here no matter what, sugarcube. Don't doubt that. Meanwhile, watch your back, you can get backstabbed before you know it."

With that, Applejack hopped of the table and walked towards the doors slowly, Fluttershy could tell she was spiting the guards in turn, judging by her smirk as the guards stared at her in irritation. When Applejack crossed the door, Rarity took her place and galloped towards Fluttershy, making sure the chair of the table was clean before hopping on it; Rarity gasped in shock when she saw the horrible state Fluttershy's hair-or at least what was left of it-was in, even going as far as to take a hoof to her chest as if she were afraid of having a heart attack.

"WHAT IN THE NAME OF CELESTIA DID THOSE BRUTES DO TO YOU?!" she screamed in fright.

"Not so loud, Rarity. There are other Temnokt here who are trying to enjoy their time with their loved ones." Fluttershy whispered.

"The first thing I'm going to do when you are out is to take you to the best manestyling saloon in Equestria! Your mane was so beautiful, how could those brutes put a claw on it?!"

Fluttershy shifted uncomfortably. "That was sort of the problem... My hair was... Well, they say their hair is dry and brittle... That's why they were so attracted to my hair..."

"They clearly don't have a sense of image! Dearie, you have to get your hair back!"

"The drake selling my hair put it on two thousand obsids. That's the amount Princess Celestia sent me to pay for protection."

"If you have the chance to get your hair back from those... drakes, then you should make it, darling!"

"Actually... Twilight said I should use it to pay for protection, maybe she is right."

"Fluttershy, it's your hair we're talking about!"

"It's okay, Rarity. It'll grow back, but I can't waste the money just like that. Princess Celestia is being generous with me, and I don't want to take advantage of it..."

"Why I know that, Fluttershy... I guess now's not the time to worry about your hairstyle. But tell me, other than cutting off your hair, did those uncivilized creatures harm you?"

"Oh, no. I made two friends...."

"Dearie, if I were you I'd use the word acquaintance. You can't seriously think you can trust the drakes in here, do you?"

"Well, a few aren't that bad. My little knowledge of sewing and your tips for making a dress helped me earn a little money, and a few acquaintances in the sewing department."

"I'm glad I could help you somehow, even if indirectly..." Rarity's eyes were swelling up with tears as she stared at her friends' one long, flowing mane. "Oh, Fluttershy... The idea that you are trapped in this awful place while we are outside is simply unbearable. If I hadn't taken you to that dumb store none of this would be happening...!"

"No, Rarity..." Fluttershy grabbed her hoof. "It wasn't your fault. Even if we hadn't gone, the murderer apparently had similar traits to me, if the witnesses identified me as the culprit..."

"Prima Donna, get your flank out of here already! Your time's up!" the guard growled at Rarity, narrowing his eyes suspiciously at the white unicorn.

"Everything will turn out alright, Fluttershy. Be strong, and keep making the best of dresses so you will earn enough money to stay safe..." Rarity smiled sadly, taking out a napkin and wiping a few of her tears away as she had to leave the room. Fluttershy felt like weeping too, she didn't like to see her friends suffering like this. When Rarity stepped out of the room, a pink shape dashed across the room and lunged at Fluttershy, sending the both of them to the ground.

"FLUTTERSHY!" Pinkie Pie yelled, wrapping her hooves around Fluttershy's body. "I'm so happy to see you!"

"Pinkie..." Fluttershy couldn't contain her small giggles and tears of joy as she returned the hug, ignoring momentarily the disturbed glances they were receiving from the other present Temnokt; hay, even the guards looked frightened of Pinkie Pie to some extent. "Umm, how about we go sit? I mean..."

"Oh, right? I have a super secret to tell you!" Pinkie stood up and pulled Fluttershy back to the table, looking around warily before whispering into her ear. "I was going to bring you cupcakes, but Fukkuteru said they didn't allow any treats inside the prison!" she glanced around again, then whispered. "I tried to sneak some in inside my mane, but these guys have creepy, big, black doggies who took a sniff at me and growled! Then the guards shook me and all of my cupcakes fell out! They even confiscated my party cannon and said something about introducing unauthorized weaponry and drugs!"

"Oh, I'm sorry to hear that, Pinkie..." Fluttershy grabbed her hoof.

Pinkie Pie shrugged. "The funny thing is that they wanted to take me 'somewhere special', but when Fukkuteru heard it he looked like he had seen a Windigo and started to speak funny things with the guards."

"Did something else happen?"

"Well, I tried to pet one of the doggies but the guards wouldn't let me! What's their problem, they clearly need to go out more often!" A light bulb popped on top of Pinkie's head. "I know! We could throw a big and fun party for them! And your new friends could come!"

"I'm not certain they would like it..." Fluttershy admitted, sighing sadly, still feeling guilty about Swift Tail's reaction to her words from a few days ago. "They are a bit.... I'm afraid they don't like parties like we do them, Pinkie..."

"Oh, that's okay. Instead of balloons, we could decorate with those carpets they are always hanging, and we could add some of their drinks to the desserts to make them feel more like at home! If we do manage to sneak all that stuff in here, that is!"

"Um, well..." Fluttershy wasn't sure if she should tell Pinkie about Neckslicer, she didn't want to imagine how he would react to Pinkie Pie's attitude if the Temnokt around them at that moment were already thinking she had a loose screw. "There's a sort of drake here who does that kind of things..."

"Oh, is he one of your friends? Cool!" Pinkie Pie chirped and whispered into Fluttershy's ear once more. "He could sneak the things for the party."

"If he doesn't sell them, that is..." Fluttershy thought momentarily, before shrugging. "I wouldn't say we're very close, but maybe he could sneak some things in here... But it's actually a contact of his that sneaks things in here, I'd have to ask him who that contact is to help..."

"Okay, then it's settled! I gather the stuff for our party, your friend Neckslicy and his friend will sneak it in here and then we party without the guards noticing!"

Fluttershy smiled lightly. "That sounds fun..." She wondered how Neckslicer would take the nickname Pinkie Pie had just made up. Not very well, she assumed.

"Hey, maybe if you calmed the doggies down it would be easier to bring the things here."

"They guards would't let me if I tried, I think those wolves are trained for a specific purpose..."

"Well, Fukkuteru did mention something about the wolves sniffing out strange substances, but I don't understand what has to do with the cupcakes! The guards acted like they were mini confetti bombs or something!"

"Hey, you!" The guard snapped at Pinkie Pie, but his tone sounded forced and a bit nervous like he were talking to a demented pony. "Time's up."

"Aww, man!" Pinkie Pie groaned, glancing at the ground. "I have not seen Fluttershy in days! Could you try not to be a party-pooper?"

"No special treatment, miss."

"Ah, well." Pinkie whispered once more in Fluttershy's ear. "Don't worry, I'll make sure to look for a better hiding place for the cupcakes next time!" With this, she waved the guard goodbye-Fluttershy noticed him flinching when she did so-and trotted through the room and back to the doors. Soon after, Discord suddenly popped into the room in a small white flash, sitting across Fluttershy.

"Fluttershy, my dear, are you okay?!" he asked, his heart skipping a beat when he saw her hair. "What am I saying?! No you're not! Look at what those overgrown lizards did to you!" He heard the guard in turn coughing at the insult, like he were subtly saying 'I'm here, you know. Discord glared at him. "Yes, I'm offensive!"

"Discord, maybe you shouldn't get on the guards' nerves, they only do their jobs and you don't have to be rude to them..." Fluttershy said gently.

"My dear, I can make your hair grow back if you'd like." Discord offered. "You know, a snap of my fingers and you'll be as lovely as you were!"

"Thanks for the offer, but I'd rather not." FLuttershy rubbed the chunks of hair in her head. "It'll grow back. Besides, even if you make it grow back the drakes who did this might take advantage of it and cut if off again."

"I guess you are right... But if there's something I can do for you, just let me know. The triplets miss you very much..."

"Twilight mentioned it."

"Yes, she is very worried too." Discord sighed sadly, laying his head on the table. "I'm sorry, Fluttershy..."

"No, Discord. None of you have to apologize."

"I just... to see you in this place, with all these criminals... You don't belong here, Fluttershy. You are the kindest soul on the face of the earth, you would never do something to deserve being brought to such a place, and yet here you are! And the worst thing of all is that I can't do anything to help you...!" Discord was trying not to cry by then. "You were my first friend ever... If something happened to you I wouldn't be able to live with it..."

"Shh, that's okay." Fluttershy grabbed his eagle talon, smiling sadly, her own tears flowing. "I will hang in here somehow. I promise you."

"I know that. You may not be as big as these creatures, but you are not helpless. I've seen you face worse problems than this, I'm certain you will make it. But could you at least promise me that you will stay safe?"

Fluttershy wished she could say it for certain, but the truth was that she wasn't sure. She tried to stay out of trouble, but in this place it seemed trouble seemed to find her. She didn't want to imagine if the other inmates were planning to do more things to her, but she didn't want to worry Discord nor her friends either. The least she could do was to give them a bit of relief, if it was already hard enough for them to see her in here.

"I promise."