• Published 13th Oct 2014
  • 2,465 Views, 127 Comments

Warriors of Gun and Blade - chaoswisp1000



When three tenno are stranded on a small planet at the outermost regions of the origin system, they put trust in themselves and the inhabitants to the test to keep the Grineer from conquering the land.

  • ...
2
 127
 2,465

The Hunter and The Haunted

*Shift POV*

As a tenno who uses a prime warframe, I have greater power than other tenno. However, I still started with a basic frame, a mag to be exact. I never purchased other frames, or felt like I should. The Mag I had was like a friend to me in it's own special way. It didn't talk, it couldn't think, and it wasn't able to comfort me. But whenever I stepped into battle it was like it was fighting for me, or rather it felt like it was guiding my actions.

We tenno are taught to never think of the warframes as tools, or just simple clothing. They are weapons, capable of incredible destruction and chaos if not used properly. I had asked the lotus for an example of a tenno who lost control, and the image still scares me.

"Tenno, are you sure that you want to see the consequences of misusing a warframe's power?" She had asked.

"I've seen blood, guts, and skulls fall from grineer. I've seen entire ships blow up with thousands of lives on-board," A cocky and impatient me had answered, "I think i can handle this Lotus"

As I quickly found out, I wasn't ready.

The first record the Lotus pulled up was a nova who had pushed her powers too far. I watched as she cast a abnormally large and powerful molecular prime. And then I witnessed what the lotus meant by "consequences". The nova's frame started to crack, fissures appeared along her arms, legs, torso, and face. Light poured from the cracks as she screamed in pure agony. Her body quickly started to de-materialize. Her arms shattered piece by piece, parts that fell exploded on contact with the floor and formed small holes. Her legs were torn into shreds by her now de-stabilized electromagnetic safegaurds that normally kept her anti-matter in check.

I heard her scream for the final time as her helmet imploded, forming a miniature black hole. A blue trail of energy was sucked into the vortex as it grew and the recording stopped.

The lotus brought up more records, including an ember dying to her fire blast, a Excalibur who channeled enough power to shatter his frame, and a Mag who destroyed herself by putting too much into her crush ability.

The Mag scared me the most for obvious reasons. All that was left of her was torn limbs and a shattered helmet.

"Now do you see young shift? The tenno hold incredible power, enough power to slaughter entire civilizations easily" She had said, "But that power must be restrained and respected, otherwise it will kill you"

Ever since then I have always been cautious about my powers. Even after claiming a prime warframe it was hard for me not to fear myself.

"Fear does not control me," I said slicing through a grineer's spine, "It doesn't stop me," I growled cleaving a soldier unit's skull in two, "It doesn't give me strength or hope," I roared as I drove my dakra prime through a lancer's torso, "it teaches me," I whispered as I sheathed my sword, "It shows me my flaws".

I pulled out my boltor prime and squeezed the trigger. The gun lurched as it fired powerful bolts into the grineer squadron before me. The bolts struck the grineer and kept going, thanks to a shred mod I had installed. One shot would take down ten or more grineer, if they were standing in a straight line.

A whole squadron gone in mere seconds, that was the technology the void could hide from us. That was the technology that our creators used.

***

*Huntress POV*

"Tenno scoo"

"Tenno scoom yourself" I said as I sank my venka claws into the grineer bombard. Lancers took aim and fired at me, but I was dancing the dance of blood with my claws, and I could not be stopped.

The venka were a recent addition to my arsenal, but I loved them nonetheless. They were more fitting to me, or at least that's how I felt, and it really felt like I was dancing to an unsung tune as I fought with them. They didn't feel like cold, hard steel they felt like they were a part of my body.

My "dance" was interrupted by a strong strike to my back. I landed face-first in the dirt, spinning around to see what had hit me. It was a Shield lancer, with his viper machine pistol aimed at my face.

"Tenno, gar aagre a kkkrg--"

The grineer would have finished his insult if his head hadn't been neatly cut off by a simmering blue sword.

"For a warrior you do take a lot of hits" A unseen speaker said.

"Shut up," I growled, as the alicorn lifted her cloaking spell, "besides, you're the one who is hiding all the time".

"Tis a lie!" she snorted giving me a glare.

'She is worse than a bored Loki' I thought.

"Are there any more of these beasts in the area" she asked, intrigued at my use of "tracking magic", which was actually my minimap projection.

"None that i can see," I said while inspecting the map, "But we should kee--"

"Death...."

My HUD flickered as if I was in a room lit with a dying lightbulb.

"No, no not now!" I cried, nocking another arrow onto my dread.

A message appeared on my HUD. And a raspy ancient voice spoke the haunting words:

"Tenno, you can't run from your past".

"Whose there," The alicorn cried, apparently she had somehow received the message too. "Show thyself!"

"Listen," I said, "I know that we don't trust each other entirely yet, but you have to run!"

"The blood of The Orokin is on your hands. Did you really think there would be no repercussions?"

"Why," She asked, as my HUD flickered again, "What is happening?"

I drew back the Dread's holographic string, and began looking about for him

"It's--"

My display flickered once more, and I heard those dreaded words.

"I am your reckoning!"

***

*Avalon POV*

'Twilight, is everyone safe?' I asked as the purple alicorn landed next to me.

"Yes, the last group just reached the camp you directed us too" She confirmed looking up at me. "But Avalon, what if your friends get hurt, or worse die trying to protect the evacuated ponies?"

'Then they will die knowing that they were doing the right thing,' I told her, 'and that they died preventing a slaughter of the innocent'

"What do you mean?" She asked confusedly.

Before I could respond my HUD flickered. And a message popped up, displaying a robotic red and grey quadruped. Through my commlink i heard the cry of a monster.

'Cynder, Chaser!' I called out.

"We know. Which one is it? Is it stalker!?" came Chaser's hopeful question.

'No, its the Zanuka Hunter'

I heard chaser groan as a transmission popped up on my HUD.

"Tenno? Can you hear me..."

Author's Note:

Oh no, stalker and zanuka at the same time, OHMYGODWE'REALLGONNADIE!

And yes i made a slight double cliffhanger, Aren't I just the meanest?

Anyways, I've been playing a lot recently and contrary to this chapter NO i still haven't seen stalky yet (:flutterrage:), but im trying.