• Published 13th Oct 2014
  • 2,465 Views, 127 Comments

Warriors of Gun and Blade - chaoswisp1000



When three tenno are stranded on a small planet at the outermost regions of the origin system, they put trust in themselves and the inhabitants to the test to keep the Grineer from conquering the land.

  • ...
2
 127
 2,465

To The Victors Go The Spoils

*Huntress POV*

An orange mist draped itself over my vision, and everything blurred. This was my true power, my killing force, my hysteria. I screamed as pain flowed through my body as my claws extended. Five glowing, translucent weapons of my body that could pierce any material, but also brought me great physical pain when used. It was ironic; my ultimate attack form, my perfect shell of destruction hurt me more than any blade or bullet could ever hope to. But they were a part of me, it was a part of me.

Stalker...my target...enemy...kill.

I rushed the dark one, intending to try and get in at least several good hits before he dispelled my ability. An arrow fired my way, but it shattered on contact with my energy shell. Hate, a large, cruel, dark scythe swung at me. I caught it in my claws before pulling it free of the Stalker's grasp and hurling it away. I swung my right claw, smashing it across the faceplate of Stalker's oddly shaped helmet. My left claw swung at his mid torso, and shattered his shields.

'one more hit' I thought, raising my right claw once more.

The pain in my body left suddenly, and my vision was no longer clouded by a mist of rage.

'shit!' Stalker had used dispel. His annoying secret ability which, when activated, removed the effects of any warframe's ability instantly.

I could've sworn I heard him chuckle then.

Suddenly he was gone. Sent flying back by a column of blue energy coming from my "freind".

"Thanks for the save" I mumbled. I let loose my Warcry. A wave of purple energy cascaded through my body and formed a wave that rippled over anything in its path. Instantly i felt my strength increase, and my senses became incredibly accurate. I felt stalker's arrow rushing towards my head before I heard it. I caught the bladed arrow and drew my bow as well, nocking it in place and firing it back at the dark assassin.

The arrow struck him in the shoulder, not a fatal wound, but it made him stumble. I fired off another arrow, this one split into 2 thanks to a multishot mod installed earlier. Again both projectiles struck their target, one in the arm, making him drop his scythe, and the other in his knee. The latter of the two hits crippled him, and he slowly fell into a kneeling position.

I sensed the pony stepping forward, and a blue glow was coming from her horn, she was ready to launch another attack.

"No" I growled.

"What?!" she cried out in shock, "This...This thing tried to kill us, and now while he is defenseless you don't finish him off!?"

I sighed, 'of course she doesn't understand ,' I began to kneel as well, as my com-link chirped and another transmission from the mysterious executioner popped up.

"I have failed. Huntress, you shall live." He spoke in a tone of sorrowful respect.

"Your quest is honorable Stalker, though you may be our enemy, we respect you as a warrior" I replied quietly.

With that he vanished in a cloud of dark smoke. Leaving behind a mod, and a capsule leaking purple light.

"What are those things?" The pony asked as I moved over to pick up the 'gifts'.

"Well, this thing is a modification container," I explained holding up the grey object, "And this," I began, gesturing to the glowing capsule, "Is a blueprint, now lets find out what it is for."

My helmet's built in scanner analyzed the blueprint, and I couldn't quite believe my luck. For at the bottom of my HUD there was a word, the name of a weapon many tenno sought out when they faced the stalker.

"The Hate"

***

*Avalon POV*

When I see that twisted man, no, not a man, a monster in the shape of a man, my cold and calm feelings, turn to ones of burning hatred. This monster is more dangerous than that beast lephantis, and more insane than any grineer manic.

His name is Alad V.

"Tenno? Can you hear me? You've been a naughty little betrayer, haven't you? Did you really think your support for the Grineer would go unnoticed?" His sickly and distorted voice asked.

There was another flicker as the nightmare appeared before us.

"Wh-what is that thing?" Twilight asked nervously. Which was a mistake, as the Zanuka hunter turned it's grotesque head to face her. Twilight screamed as the Hunter screeched and pounced.

"Freeze!" The hunter was stopped in it's tracks as dense ice coated and enveloped it, however I knew this wouldn't hold it for long.

"Twilight run!" Cynder called out readying her braton prime. Twilight did just that, taking off straight up into the clouds.

The sound of ice cracking drew my attention back to the Zanuka Hunter. I finished re-loading my tigris just as the icy prison broke and the hunter pounced at me. The tigris blasted the nightmare mid-pounce, sending it sprawling to the ground. It screeched in anger as it flipped onto it's feet.

I fired again, but the harvester was ready. It leaped out of the way with ease and immediately began blasting me with its rapid fire plasma cannon.

I threw up a protective snow globe shield and waited for the monster's next attack.

The hunter crouched to pounce at me, but it screeched in pain as a bladed arrow sprouted from its rear right leg. Chaser, now surrounded by four shimmering copies of herself, stood behind the Zanuka hunter bow and arrow at the ready.

But the Zanuka hunter was far from finished. It screeched once more before launching a small capsule at the ground. With a loud snapping sound the capsule exploded. Looking back to Chaser I immediately understood what had just happened. the Zanuka hunter had used a frost bomb.

I tried to move, to help as the hunter prepared to finish Chaser, but the frost bomb effects still lingered. My legs moved as if they were made of lead and iridium, in fact my whole body felt the same way as well. I could only watch as the harvester pounced at my friend.

Or would have if a geyser of white-hot flames hadn't engulfed it and sent it to the ground once more. It would've gotten up again and attacked, if the same process hadn't happened again, and again.

I chuckled as i watched Cynder's World on Fire ability broil the Zanuka Hunter over and over again. Once more the hunter screeched in agony before dispelling the attack. I stumbled and realized my snow globe had used up the little energy I'd had left.

"Avalon, get down!" I heard Cynder cry out. Thankfully I followed her advice and flattened myself against the ground, allowing the Zanuka Hunter to sail right over me.

I got back to my feet and turned to face the enemy, only to be blinded and then tackled to the ground by the hunter. I hit the ground hard, dropping my tigris while the impact sent my sicarus skittering away. The thing recovered faster than I had expected and then used something similar to an Excalibur's radial blind. I heard it utter a dark and nightmarish chuckle as it pinned my arms. It was like it was saying "told you I would win". It prepared to finish me, to take me and let its master dissect and re-incarnate me as the monstrosity before me. The claw swung down at me.

***

*Chaser POV*

My vision returned just in time for me to see the hunter swing its claw at Avalon's head.

"No!" I screamed, even though I knew I couldn't stop what was to come.

Suddenly a purple beam shot out of the clouds and struck the Zanuka Hunter's right plasma cannon, causing it to blossom into a flower of sparks and burning shrapnel. The explosion knocked the hunter off of Avalon, who appeared to still be dazed from the attack. Cynder and I wasted no time in rushing over to Avalon and re-energizing his warframe's systems with our energy.

"Thanks for that" he said as he got up, albeit with a noticeable tone of confusion in his voice. "But who knocked the Harvester off of me?"

A loud screech interrupted his question.

"That thing is still alive!?" I gasped.

"I hate Alad V" Cynder growled.

"Kill first, complain later" Avalon finished.

The hunter was sparking, and its armor had quite a few dents in it. Its attention was not on us but on whatever had shot it, ruining its capture. It chirped and fired its remaining plasma cannon at it's target.

There was a cry of pain and a thud as Princess Twilight fell to the ground. The marking that adorned what would be her hip was smoldering, as were a few feathers on her right wing. I began to run over to her to try and assist her, but the Harvester dropped another frost-bomb rendering that attempt at help useless. For the second time that day I felt hopeless as the Harvester advanced on the pony.

And once again the Harvester was stopped.

"Stay away from her!" A new voice bellowed. This one was regal and grand, filled with wisdom. It rolled over me like a rhino stomp or a radial javelin, sending energy through me while also intimidating me.

A beam of pure golden energy blasted the Zanuka hunter. The beast howled in pain as it was torn apart by the explosion, its body disintegrating until none of it was left. Leaving behind a mod capsule, a blueprint, and a big smoking crater.

As Alad V mourned his loss, by which I mean he whined and cried like an infant, we watched as a much larger pony descended from the sky. Her coat was white and seemed to radiate warmth. Her mane flowed and swirled as if in a self-created wind. Her wings were broad, majestic, and enormous compared to Twilight's. And like Twilight, this new pony had a horn as well as wings, however her horn was about the length of a heat sword, whereas Twilight's horn was more like a heat dagger by comparison.

"Twilight are you alright?" The new pony asked concernedly. Looking over Twilight's seared body and wing.

Before Twilight could respond several more ponies, pegasi I believe, outfitted in golden armor landed in a tight circle around us. Holding simple-looking spears at the ready.

"Why me?" I heard Cynder mumble. This caught the attention of the white pony who stood up and advanced towards us.

The circle of armored pegasi opened to allow the pony through. We stood our ground, facing the powerful being as she addressed us.

"I thank you for attempting to protecting my friend," she said warmly, "And for your help in assisting my subjects"

'subjects?'

"Princess, your orders?" one of the armored pegasi inquired. The princess turned to the pony.

"Assist any wounded, but allow these..." she paused turned to us.

"Tenno" I offered.

"Allow these tenno to take care of the fighting."

"Yes your highness" the pegasus said before taking off, the others following him.

"Now..." the princess began, turning to us, "I am princess Celestia, the ruler of this land," She looked us over, examining us like lab specimens, "you are impressive warriors, but I must ask: what exactly are you?"

Author's Note:

Well...diplomatic cliffhanger?

Sorry i've been soo inactive for several months, but school and warframe both call to me, more so warframe than school. But what can i say, playing warframe is fun. Still im planning to put more of my warframes into the story.

Hopefully i can continue the story at the point of recovery from the battle in the next chapter, but i wanna see what you guys think...should the battle continue or should other stuff begin?