• Published 13th Oct 2014
  • 2,465 Views, 127 Comments

Warriors of Gun and Blade - chaoswisp1000



When three tenno are stranded on a small planet at the outermost regions of the origin system, they put trust in themselves and the inhabitants to the test to keep the Grineer from conquering the land.

  • ...
2
 127
 2,465

Shift's Shiny Blade

*Shift POV*

When I came to I felt like someone had dropped Lephantis on me, and then followed up by dropping me from orbit. Nevertheless I stood up and checked the immediate area. I was inside what remained of my ship's orbiter compartment, the foundry section had crumpled on impact, the weapon mod system was in pieces, and thank The Lotus i didn't have a kubrow because that section was no longer existent.

My HUD indicated my shields at full capacity and my vital signs were perfectly fine.

I noticed a hole in the hull of my ship, light shone in through it revealing blue sky and puffy clouds. I leaped up and pulled myself through the hole, the land around me was flat except for a few holes in the ground, which I thought might be animal dens, and some bushes and small trees here and there. There was a mountain range off in the distance, snow-capped and rugged and a large forest some distance to the right.

I suddenly realized, much to my dismay, that there was a certain lack of weight on my back. I reached back to draw my sword or my rifle, and felt nothing there. I looked down at my hips and breathed a sigh of relief, my Lex Prime was still securely holstered.

"No sword, no rifle, just my pistol," I muttered, "At least it's something".

Still it pained me to loose my sword and rifle, the sword especially i had worked a very long time to get the parts through trading with my clan and trips to the void.

I was about to leave and head towards the forest when I heard a raspy voice come from a bush.

"Shiny, very shiny, but not a gem!" it said.

"We keep it still right?" another voice asked, higher pitched, but still very much the same.

'Shiny?' I thought, wondering what these unseen creatures were.

"Yes we keep it, gold is almost as good as gems!" the first voice cackled.

'Gold, of course,' I mentally slapped myself, 'the gold on my rifle and sword'

I leaped down from the hull of my ship without a sound, and focused my power over magnetism in the general direction of the voice. I thrust my hand out with a grabbing motion, and then quickly pulled it back.

Three weird looking creatures, which I can only describe as a cross between a tenno and a kubrow, tumbled out of the bush along with my rifle and my sword A Dakra Prime.

"You know, stealing isn't something I tolerate especially when it's my stuff that is stolen" I said using my power to call the sword to my hand, along with my rifle.

"No, those are ours!" the second tallest one said as he got up and charged at me.

I reacted quickly, swinging my sword into a blocking position, and pushing back on the "thing" and sent him tumbling backwards.

"Give back shiny gold!" the bigger one said as he too charged at me.

i waited for him to be within about two feet of me before I side-stepped out of the way. Because of his larger mass, and might I add unbalanced posture whilst charging, he couldn't stop himself and ended up falling in one of the many holes that dotted the landscape.

I'd have laughed at that if the third creature hadn't struck me in the head with a rock. The blow wasn't deadly, very far from it in fact thanks to my armor and shields, but it hurt pretty badly and i fell visor-first to the ground. I looked up from my downed position to see that the medium sized creature was now holding a decently sized rock over my head, which if dropped probably would crush my helmet, while the larger creature was held me down.

"It is our shiny gold now, not yours" the one holding the rock said triumphantly. The three creatures laughed, their voices mixing into a painful din.

I hadn't wanted to get violent with the life forms of this planet, but I couldn't reason with them if they were this greedy. I called my sword forth with my magnetic abilities, and swung.

The blade cut through the rock as if there was nothing there, surprising the creatures. I seized the opening and swung at the large creature pinning me down, my Dakra Prime cut through bone and flesh with might and grace.

The creature screamed as I ended his life with one more quick slash of the orokin sword.

The one who had held the rock had recovered from his shock and now emitted a sound much like that of a feral kubrow from earth. From the holes came more creatures of a similar build, only these ones were armed with spears and armor.

'He's calling reinforcements' I realized, 'my weapons may be of a higher technology, but I wont last long against that many of them'

I rushed over to where he now stood, channeling the little energy I had left to my sword, I leaped into the air and shifted my posture for a spin attack.

The attack had it's desired effect, the blade cut through the animal and at the same time vaporized him.

The display sent some of the armored dogs back down into their tunnels, but the majority of them got up and charged at me.

'Too many for the sword,' I thought while I re-attached it to my back, 'Guess I'm gonna have to get a bit noisy'

I pulled my boltor prime rifle off of my back, reloaded it, and opened fire. The orokin rifle unleashed a torrent of heavy metal slugs, which chewed through enemies and whoever was behind them. The sound rolled across the open plain, as I kept firing into the now dwindling numbers of creatures.

Soon a good amount of the area became soaked in crimson blood, those creatures who were not dead were either dying or wounded.

Soon there was only one left, trying to crawl away from me. I dragged him back by magnetizing the collar around his neck, and hoisted him to his feet.

"P-p-ple-please spare me" he whimpered trying to escape my invisible grasp.

"Which way do I go to get to the closest civilization?" I growled at him, watching him recoil at my harsh tone.

"T-through the f-forest" he whimpered.

"One other thing" I asked in a whisper.

"Y-Yes?"

"What the hell are you?" I asked

"D-Diamond Dog" he squeaked.

"Thanks, that's all I wanted to know" I said before throwing him with impossible strength, impossible for anyone without my powers that is. I watched as he disappeared into the horizon before walking towards the forest.

'from now on Shift, assume the worst first, and then ask questions' I noted as I entered the dark forest floor.