• Published 12th Oct 2014
  • 2,031 Views, 14 Comments

Equestria Wars: The Magic Unleashed II - sonicdash123



An ancient threat emerges from the shadows at the human world and a battle of the bands has begun.

  • ...
21
 14
 2,031

Chapter 6: A Hooded Foe

Charming Thunder walked out to see Sunset Shimmer waiting for him at the stairs of the school. He then sat next to her and placed his hand on her shoulder. "Something bothering you?" he asked.

"Yeah," Sunset replied. "When the Dazzlings brought up my past life here, I felt scarred."

Charming Thunder wrapped his arm around Sunset as he said, "And the students are not giving you respect after what you have done?"

"Exactly."

"Oh, my dear Sunset. You don't know that I went through the same thing as well since I went back to Equestria. I do. I do."

(Note: Sung to the tune of Hunchback of Notre Dame's Out There)

Sung by Charming Thunder and Sunset Shimmer

It began after a war
A terrible war
The day when the empire found the armor of Nightmare Moon
Along with a glove
I was sent to deal with its spirit
And end its threat forever
But it then possessed me and forced me to kill innocent lives of Equestria

"Let me clarify what I mean, Sunset." Charming Thunder got up as Sunset Shimmer did the same and followed him around.

I was deformed

You were deformed

And I was a monster

You were a monster

And made crimes
Which the made the world
Kneel before me
And I could not forget

I had that same feeling

The glove gave me power that I couldn't imagine

That power

Power which can make a dark army

So dark

Why do I still remember that time
I felt guilty for
So I tried
To fight it

Fight it

Control its power

Even yourself

And when the time came
My friends helped

Redeem me to the light
Redeem you to the light

"You are a great friend to me," Sunset said comforting him. "I'm sorry."

"No need," Charming Thunder said. "But remember, Sunset. The light will show you the way."

"The light."

Safe with my friends in this world that I now live in
With people that don't even trust me
All my life I tried to show them that I am in a new leaf
But return me with disrespect
All my life I tried to help others
Knowing them as they don't know me anymore
All my life I wonder how it feels to show them
That I am not evil
But that I am good

And out there
Walking in the sun
Giving me one day out there
All I ask is one
For a second chance

Out there
Where they all live unaware
What I'd care
What I'd dare
Just to live one day out there

Out there among the houses they live in
Through the windows and doors where I can see them
Everyday they talk and talk all day long
Heedless of the time I have to be them
If I show them the new me
I'll prove to them that I am like them

Out There
Strolling by the garden
Taste the morning out there
Like normal people do
Who freely walk about there
Just one day and then
I swear I'll be caring
With my share
Won't resent
Won't be rude
Leave my past
I won't care
I'll have spent
One chance
Out there

R4 rolled towards Charming Thunder really fast and stopped as it beeped. "Where?" Charming Thunder asked. The droid beeped a reply and turned around and rolled away. "He said that the others are waiting for us."

"What about Cadence and the others?"

"They know where I'm at. For now lets get going." Sunset nodded and followed him and his droid companion back to Twilight and the others.

---------------------

A hooded figure stood on the roof top of a small building as he watched Charming Thunder and Sunset Shimmer walking together. He then walked to the edge where he was about to make his jump and waited for the right moment. Charming Thunder stopped and looked around. "What is it?" Sunset asked.

"We're not alone," Charming Thunder said. He grabbed his lightsaber from his belt and turned to see a hooded figure activating his lightsaber as Charming Thunder did the same. "R4, get Sunset to safety." R4 and Sunset Shimmer began to run as the duel began. Charming Thunder was the first to strike and tried to hit his opponent. He blocked the strike and twirled his lightsaber to make his move. As they both entered a clash, Charming Thunder saw a lage garbage can and used the force to throw it at him. The hooded figure then got hit by the object and impacts on a wall. Charming Thunder deactivated his crimson blade and made a run for it back to Sunset Shimmer and R4. The hooded figure slid the garbage can aside and got up. He grabbed his lightsaber and placed it on his belt.

---------------------

Charming Thunder met up with Sunset Shimmer in front of Applejack's house. He then stopped to take a few breaths as Sunset walked up to him with a little worry. "Are you alright?" Sunset asked.

"For now," Charming Thunder said.

"What was it?"

"I'm not sure. But there was something familiar about that guy. For now we should meet up with Twilight and tell her about the encounter." They both then walked in the house and met up with Twilight as she was still coming up with a song.

"Charming, you look like that you have been running around," Twilight said.

"More than running for my life. Just had an encounter with a hooded guy with a lightsaber."

"So the Dazzlings are not the only problem."

"Not to worry. When the time is right, I should deal with him again."