• Published 12th Oct 2014
  • 2,031 Views, 14 Comments

Equestria Wars: The Magic Unleashed II - sonicdash123



An ancient threat emerges from the shadows at the human world and a battle of the bands has begun.

  • ...
21
 14
 2,031

Chapter 1: The TIE Defender Project

At the castle in Ponyville, Twilight held the baby with her magic as the others gathered to meet her. "She is so adorable," Rarity said. "Have you and Charming thought of a name for her yet?"

"Yes we have," Twilight said. "We are going to name her Light."

"Just like your name," Pinkie said. "Only that the word 'twi' is removed."

"Let me put her in her room. She sis sound asleep and needs some rest." Twilight got up from her throne and walked to the direction to the hallway. She then entered a room with a cradle in the middle of the room full of baby themed decorations. She placed the baby in the cradle and kissed her on the forehead. She then quietly closed the door and walked to the elevator which takes her to Charming Thunder's room. The elevator door opened and revealed a hologram of an officer of the imperial fleet talking to Charming Thunder as he is seated on his rotatable chair.

"The project is now underway, sir," the officer said. "Soon we will have a new type of TIE Fighters that is the same thing as a bomber. I personally call it; the TIE Defender."

"Very good, commander," Charming Thunder said. "Once you have some finished, have them ready for me and the princesses to see as a demonstration. Dismissed." The hologram faded as Twilight walked up the stairs to him. "How's Light?"

"She's asleep." She paused and wondered about something. "Is something bothering you?"

"No. I was just thinking about Sunset. I just wonder how she's doing with her new friends ever since we left."

"You never told me how you two were related ever since we reunited at the dimension."

Charming Thunder sighed and explained, "She was my first mare friend before you. We always hang out together at the castle gardens, school, even in the castle when Celestia was around. You should've seen the look on Celestia's face when we accidentally threw a piece of cake at her. It was a most funny moment I can ever remember." Twilight giggled as he continued. "She wished that someday, she wants to be like Celestia. I was surprised that she left because she wanted to know more about the mirror. I missed her so much since then."

"That's sweet. How come you never told me about her?"

"I didn't remember her from a couple years since she left Equestria. But thanks to you and your friends from the other dimension, she finally understands what it means to have friends." Twilight walked up to the right side of his chair and placed a hoof on his hoof.

"I'm sure that she is still thinking about you right now." Twilight then kissed him on the cheek and nuzzled him.

---------------------

Three TIE Defenders flew past the window as the princesses along with Charming Thunder oversee the demonstration. Outside the window viewed three damaged starfighters on each platform. "Now watch as we demonstrate its weapon capabilities," the officer said. The TIE Defenders flew towards the starfighters and fired torpedos at them. They then exploded after the impact and flew over the rubble of the fighters.

"Impressive," Celestia said.

"Most impressive," Charming Thunder said.

"We will have them ready by the time they are ready for real combat."

"You have done well, commander," Cadence said.

"Have one delivered to my hangar," Charming Thunder said.

"Of course, sir. Consider it as a gift from the empire."

---------------------

Charming Thunder looked out of his window as was seated in his chair. He then started to remember what his father said after he was redeemed from the dark side. He wondered to himself, "What did you mean by me being a king?" An image of his dark time flashed in his head as he heard voices from that time. He closed his eyes as it became louder and louder and louder. It stopped when he heard a beeping sound from his chair. He pressed the button and said, "Yes?"

"You have a call from Admiral Octavia, sir," the voice said on the communicator.

"Thank you." He then pressed another button and the window revealed a live feed of Octavia. "It is great to see your face again."

"The pleasure is mine," Octavia said. "And congrats on your newborn child. You should be proud."

"Thanks."

"Now for the reason why I am calling. Our spies have discovered a pirate base near the Castle of the Two Sisters and that we request that we demolish the base and take some prisoners."

"You may do as you wish with the pirates. Report to Celestia about this and she will take care of the rest. Dismissed." Octavia saluted before the screen turned back into a window viewing the town. The elevator door opened and Trixie now the new Crystal Knight walked up the stairs and stood in the middle. He then turned his chair and got up to walk to her.

"It is great to see you again, Charming," Trixie said as she bowed to him.

"Its great to see you too."

"I just came to report to you that I have found more artifacts relating to the Old Lunar Republic. And I must say that I am astonished by the research I looked over at the temple."

"That's good news. Why don't you tell me about your findings?"

"Of course. But I just don't know where to start."