• Published 12th Oct 2014
  • 2,031 Views, 14 Comments

Equestria Wars: The Magic Unleashed II - sonicdash123



An ancient threat emerges from the shadows at the human world and a battle of the bands has begun.

  • ...
21
 14
 2,031

Chapter 5: The Audition

Cadence walked downstairs and saw Charming Thunder laying on the floor asleep. She walked up to him and shook him gently. "Charming?" Cadence asked. Charming Thunder groaned and turned his head to see Cadence. "Good morning. Are you feeling alright?"

"Ugh." Charming Thunder groaned. "I had a little trouble with the fireplace."

"I see. Come on. Let me help you up." Cadence grabbed Charming Thunder's hand and lifted him off of the ground. "The others are just about to wake up to have breakfast. Then we are off to my garage to rehearse the song Soarin wrote to show Principle Celestia and Vice Principle Luna that we can perform." Charming Thunder nodded as he rubbed his head and stretched his legs. He then walked to the kitchen to grab some breakfast so that he would be ready for the day.

---------------------

The band continued to play their instruments as the song almost ended. Soarin played the drums ash Cloudchaser played the bass guitar, Flitter played the electric guitar, and Cadence as the lead singer. Charming Thunder watched with R4 as they played the song. The song ended as Charming Thunder clapped as R4 whistled happily. "Nice job, everyone," Cadence said. "The auditions are ending soon so lets pack everything up and load up." Everyone grabbed their equipment and puts it away in their bags and carries them outside. "In the meantime, let me show you the organ before we go." Charming Thunder nodded and gestured his droid to wait with the others. He then followed her downstairs to the basement and Cadence flipped a switch to turn on the lights. "Its a little dusty but I just keep it down here for safe keeping." Charming Thunder walked up to the keyboards and placed his hand on it. He then slid it side ways and dust flew off of the keyboard.

"How did you manage to bring it down here?" Charming Thunder asked. "Its huge."

"The pipes were detachable and I had a little help from a friend of mine. Anyways we should be heading to Canterlot High or we'll be late."

"Right."

---------------------

As the students leave, Cadence and the others were on stage tuning their instruments as Charming Thunder sat on a chair. He then saw Twilight and the others leave. R4 beeped as it followed them. Charming Thunder then saw Adagio and the others leave as well. He then got up from his chair and walked up to the stage and said, "I'll be outside of this room if you need me."

"Alright," Cadence said. Charming Thunder then walked out of the room as Principle Celestia and Vice Principle Luna took their seats at the table.

"You may begin when you are ready," Celestia said. Cadence nodded and Flitter started to play a tune with her guitar.


(Note: Sung to the tune of Moulin Rouge's El Tango De Roxanne)

Sung by Charming Thunder, Cadence, and (chorus)

As Charming Thunder walked in the hallway and heard music playing, he came across Twilight and the others talking to Flash Sentry. He leaned against a locker as he overheard the conversation which actually turned out to be an argument. "Yeah, and then you decide to come back here just so you can beat me in the Battle of the Bands," Flash said. "I want this, Twilight, and you're trying to take it from me! Some friend."

"That's not why--" Twilight said when she was interrupted by Applejack.

"Come on, Twilight," Applejack said. "We've got things to do."

"You really think you're gonna help them?! Ha! I bet you have no idea what you're even doing!" R4 beeped angrily at him and bumped him on the leg really hard and rolled along back to the others. "And take your science project too." R4 shook angrily and turned at him. He then popped an electric charge gun and zapped him three times. It beeped as it the gun popped back in its head and rolled back to join up with the others.

Roxanne
You don't have to put on that red light
Walk the streets for money
You don't care if it's wrong or if it is right
Roxanne
You don't have to wear a dress tonight
Roxanne
You don't have to sell yourself to the night

Charming Thunder continues to walk through the hall as he noticed the Dazzlings. He began to follow them back the room where the music is being played.

Their eyes upon their faces
Their hands reaching towards them
Their lips caressing their skin
What's more that I can't stand

Roxanne

Why does a heart cry

Roxanne

Feelings they can't hide
You're free to leave this world and never return
And please believe me when I say I will stop you

The Dazzlings stopped to see Sunset Shimmer leaning on a wall. Charming Thunder hid at the edge of the wall as he listened. "You're never gonna get away with this," she said.

"Why? Because you didn't?" Adagio asked. Sunset then got nervous as she remembered the time when she used Twilight's crown for her own use. "Oh, we know all about you, Sunset Shimmer. You've got quite the reputation at Canterlot High."

"I've changed! I'm in a much better place now!" The trio then began to circle Sunset Shimmer.

"Waiting in the wings while your friends have all the fun?" Aria said.

"Oh, yes, you girls are so tight. And yet... they didn't ask you to be in the band."

"Probably afraid no one will want to see them play if she was in the group."

"Too bad! So sad!" Sonata said.

'If it's any consolation, no one is going to remember you at all by the time we're done." Adagio bumped past Sunset Shimmer as they walked through the door. Charming Thunder popped out and walked next to Sunset and placed his hand on her shoulder.

"You know that we will defeat them in the end," Charming Thunder said.

"I know but all those things they said are a little bit true."

"Wait for me outside for a sec while I go to Cadence and the others." Charming Thunder walked to the door and went inside to see Cadence's band still playing. He noticed the Dazzlings watching them as he clenched his hand in anger.

Roxanne

Why does a heart cry

You don't have to put on that red light

Feelings they can't hide

You don't have to wear a dress tonight

(Why does a heart cry)

Roxanne
You don't have to put on that red light

(Feelings they can't hide)

Roxanne
You don't have to wear a dress tonight

(Roxanne)
(Roxanne)
(Roxanne)

Celestia and Luna applauded for their performance as the song ended. "That was beautiful!!" Celestia said.

"It was very emotional," Luna said.

"I should say the same thing," Charming Thunder said.

"I'm sure we'll see your band perform after the Battle of the Bands."