• Published 12th Oct 2014
  • 2,030 Views, 14 Comments

Equestria Wars: The Magic Unleashed II - sonicdash123



An ancient threat emerges from the shadows at the human world and a battle of the bands has begun.

  • ...
21
 14
 2,030

Chapter 3: Meeting the Dazzlings

Twilight and the others were at the café as they sat at a table as they talked. "Oh, I do hate that you had to return at a time of crisis," Rarity said. "There's so much catching up to do!"

"For starters, a certain blue-haired guitar player was just askin' about you," Applejack said.

"Flash Sentry was asking about me?!" Twilght asked as she started to play with her hair. She then cleared her throat and said, "Isn't that nice?" She then takes a sip of her milkshake as Charming Thunder rolled his eyes.

"Who is this...robot of yours, Charming?" Fluttershy asked. "He looks so adorable." R4 beeped as Fluttershy hugged it.

"He is my faithful companion named R4," Charming Thunder explained. "We work together as a team when it comes to situations in the air combat."

"Perhaps you would give us just the slightest bit of gossip from your world?" Rarity asked.

"She's got an official title now," Spike said and imitates a fanfare with his dog biscuit. "The Princess of Friendship!"

"Wow, that's really impressive," Sunset said. "Guess you really were Princess Celestia's prized pupil."

"She's even got her own castle!"

"A castle?! You have your own castle?!?" Rarity then cleared her throat and continued. "Ooh, uh, lovely."

"That's not the only thing," Charming Thunder said as he came closer and whispered. "We have a new baby girl." The group gasped as R4 beeped and rolled next to Sunset.

"Congrats to both of yall," Applejack said.

"What's new here? I mean, besides your school becoming the target of dangerous magical creatures from Equestria?"

"Yeah, so, that isn't exactly the only strange thing that's happened since you left," Rainbow said as she took out her phone and showed her a recording of her playing the guitar as ears and wings magically appeared. "Pretty sweet, huh? It happens to all of us when we play."

"Hmm. My crown was returned to Equestria, but some of its magic must have remained here at Canterlot High. Now that we're all back together, we can use that magic on the sirens. Just like when we were able to use it on Sunset Shimmer when she turned into that horrifyingly awful winged monster! No offense."

"None taken. Heh. I'm used to it," Sunset said in a disgruntled tone.

"They'll never even know what hit 'em!" Rainbow Dash then did some karate as she yelled.

"We've got nothin' to worry about now that Twilight and Charming Thunder back."

"Oh, I'm pretty sure I could find something to worry about," Fluttershy said. "But it won't be the sirens."

"The sooner we do this, the better. Any idea where the Dazzlings might be?"

"There's a big party tonight for all the bands who signed up to be in the showcase!" Pinkie said after she sipped her shake. "That would include the Dazzlings."

"Then that is where we must go," Charming Thunder said.

"Looks like we've got a party to crash," Twilight said.

---------------------

Students argued in the gym as the group entered. Charming Thunder walked the other direction to grab a drink when he saw Cadence standing next to the punch bowl. He grabbed a cup and filled it with punch until Cadence noticed him and said, "Hey, Charming. Its nice to see you again. Where were ya'?"

"Oh you know," Charming Thunder said. "Places to be and stuff to do." Charming Thunder took a sip of his drink as he kept an eye on Twilight and the others.

"Hey, maybe you can join my band."

"You're competing as well?"

"Not exactly. We are going to be performing after the winner has decided." She was about to tell him about the other members when she heard a voice shouting in the room.

"There isn't going to be a Battle of the Bands! We're gonna make sure of that!" Twilight shouted. "Alright, girls, let's do this! Friendship is magic!" There was then an awkward silence in the room as Charming Thunder face palmed and nodded.

"Uh, weren't there rainbows and lasers and stuff last time?" Rainbow said.

"I don't understand. We're all together again. Why isn't this working?"

Spike popped out of Twilight's bag and whispered, "You, uh... really need to go ahead and do that whole "magic of friendship" thing now."

"I'm trying, Spike. I thought the six of us standing together against the sirens would bring out the magic we needed to defeat them. That's what happened before."

"Talk about throwing down the gauntlet!" Adagio said. This group is obviously serious about winning! A little cocky though, aren't they? Claiming there won't really be a battle. Seems they think they already got this thing all locked up."

"Not if the Great and Powerful Trrrrrixie has anything to do with it!" Trixie shouted.

"Whatever, Trixie!" Flash said. "We're the best band at CHS!"

"No! The Crusaders are gonna win!" Applebloom said as the argument resumed in the room even louder this time. Charming Thunder observed some sort of green mist going into the pendants of the Dazzlings.

"Their source must be the pendants," he said to himself. His focus was lost when Cadence tapped him on the shoulder.

Charming Thunder turned to gaze at her as she said, "What's the matter with these people? They are always arguing everytime the Dazzlings bring up the upcoming event."

"I'm not sure," Charming Thunder lied. "That's a true mystery that needs to be solved." He then noticed her friends leaving the room. "Excuse me, Cadence. I'll come back to you once I'm done with my friends so you can introduce me to your band."

"Alright."

Charming Thunder began to leave the room as well when Adagio noticed him and said, "Hey." He then froze and turned to face the Dazzlings. "You must be the one with the others as well huh?"

"What's in it for you?"

"Its just that we haven't seen you around before and that you aren't under our spell," Sonata said. Adagio jestured her to shut up as Charming Thunder pretended that he didn't here what Sonata said.

"What she meant to say was that there is something familiar about you," Aria said.

Adagio walked up close to him and place her hand on his chest and eyed on his lightsaber as she said, "Perhaps you would like to show us your toy of yours on your belt and--"

Charming Thunder interrupted her by grabbing her hand and shoved it away from him as he said, "Nice try. You know that it is no ordinary toy. And when the time comes, I shall enjoy giving you three pain." He then walked away from the trio as Adagio giggled.

"So be it."

"And here I was starting to like that guy," Sonata said.