• Published 10th Oct 2014
  • 1,624 Views, 48 Comments

Crash Landing: The tale of 3 Kerbals - Jebediah Kerpony



After a warp drive malfunction in Low Kerbin orbit, three Kerbals have crashed onto a planet like there own inhabited by talking ponies. They task themselves to try to make it home, but it proves harder than it seems.

  • ...
4
 48
 1,624

Chapter 12 : Accommodation

"Bob, get over here. You might want to look at this." Jeb said to Bob in a less than confident voice.

"Why, what's up? Did you get the OTM working?" Bob replied as he approached the console.

"It's working alright, but what it's displaying is more than unwanted."

"Let's have a look then."

Jeb got out of the seat he was in to allow Bob to see the screen. Bob sat down and began observing the OTM, taking in all of its data. Jeb heard a just audible sigh coming from Bob. Bob then swiveled the chair around to face Jeb.

"Well...at least we'll go out with a bang." Bob said.

"Yeah, there's no denying that." Jeb said.

Meanwhile in the circuits room

Bill was finishing up on his full examination of the circuits room. Every little light that was visible was emitting green light and nothing was sparking. Satisfied with a job well done, Bill picked up his radio and exited the room.

As Bill was floating down the white painted metal corridor, he came to the T-juntion that he would take a left to head to the cockpit. Subconsciously, he paused and looked at the directions. On the left arrow, there was "Cockpit-Airlock 1-Snack Storage". On the right arrow, it read "Engine Maintenance-Airlock 2-Accommodation". 'Accommodation?' Bill thought to himself. He wasn't aware of any living quarters on this ship. Then again, he did skip the mission breifing to teach some teenage kerbals to make mini rockets with Potassium Nitrate and sugar. He was pretty sure a local school had complained about a mini rocket too to the KSC but he didn't pay too much attention.

After letting his curiousity get the better of him, he began floating towards the living quarters of the ship.

Apon arriving at the accommodation, Bill found three separate doors, each marked with the name of the current crew. Jebediah Kerman, Bill Kerman and Bob Kerman. Having a closer inspection of the door, he saw under the handle, there was a fingerprint scanner. Damn, talk about privacy. He approached his door and pressed his index finger against the scanner. The once dark pad came to life with a bright green light which went up and down his finger. A second after it was done, there was a female kerbals voice that said 'ACCESS GRANTED'. "Awesome" Bill thought entering his room.

His first impressions of the room were quite good. There was a bed that he could be strapped into so he didn't just fly off. There were several drawers and cupboards in the wall for storage. A bin labelled 'Rubbish for Disposal' that led into the wall and last but not least, a mini fridge. Looking up, that wasn't the last thing as there were more objects like a table and chairs with magnets on their feet on the ceiling. "Someone must have had some fun there.' He thought.

Feeling parched, he went to the mini fridge to retrieve a beverage. According to the sheet on the side, there should be at least 5 bottles of Koke inside. Apon opening the small door, he found but a small sticky note on the side of the door that was covered in condensation. He took it out and wiped off some of the water droplets. There was a small message written on the note but in very bad handwriting. Bill squinted really hard at the note to try and decipher what the message was.

"Data not hear...Death wat her ...Dann cos here..."

Bill sighed, dropped the note and exited the room in search of a drink leaving the note suspended in the oxygen environment it was in. What Bill had deciphered the note had said was...

"Danny was here!"

Author's Note:

Sorry for the rather short chapter today. I promise the next two are going to be much more exiting than this one!