• Published 10th Oct 2014
  • 1,624 Views, 48 Comments

Crash Landing: The tale of 3 Kerbals - Jebediah Kerpony



After a warp drive malfunction in Low Kerbin orbit, three Kerbals have crashed onto a planet like there own inhabited by talking ponies. They task themselves to try to make it home, but it proves harder than it seems.

  • ...
4
 48
 1,624

Chapter 6 : Possible Connections

Author's Note:

There may be some formatting errors in this chapter, I haven't had time to edit this properly. Sorry.

Twilight exited her home with a stride in her step. She was on her way to the midday market, which had just begun and was hoping to find a particular aqua pony known as Lyra Heartstrings. She was known to collect many strange objects and Twilight hoped that she would know something about the strange, white piece of metal she had seen in her dreams. Well, more of a nightmare actually!

As she made her way towards the 'mystical objects' stall owned none other than Lyra herself, she began to look at her surroundings. Today felt almost...more lovely than usual. A lot better than her experience last night anyway. Contemplating herself so much, she didn't notice Applejack backing up with a whole bucket of apples. She crashed right into her and everything went flying.

"Wooaah nelly!" Applejack shouted as she collapsed to the ground.

"Oh my Celestia Applejack! I am so sorry. Are you alright?" Twilight gasped as she looked around assessing the damage she had caused. All of the apples that Applejack was carrying were scattered all over the left side of the market. The stall where Applejack would sell apples was cracked slightly and Applejack's hat was covered in dirt.

"Yeah, I'm fine sugarcube. Say, are your eyes on the back of your head?" Applejack asked.

"I'm really sorry Applejack. I was just daydreaming and I wasn't looking where I was going."

"I heard you the first time Twi, it's alright. I'll get this cleaned up in a jiffy."

"But what about the bruised apples you can't sell now o...or the crack in your stall?"

"That stall was gettin old anyways. Twi, it's fine. Just get on with whatever you were doing." Twilight couldn't stand for that, she just had to give some sort of compensation for the damage. She forked out some bits from her satchel she was carrying and placed them on the stall.

"Here Applejack, have these to make up for the losses." Twilight said. Applejack stared at her bluntly. This was over double the amount the apples were worth and she wasn't taking any of them. Some of the apples were still able to be sold. Albeit at a reduced price but still.

"Twi, you know you don't need to give me that much." Applejack said politely.

"But what about the crack in your stall?"

"Mac'll be able to fix it up faster than Fluttershy with a hurt animal!"

"Ok, I'll take...this much back, but no more." Twilight said as she took away about 25% of the bits.

"If you say so sugarcube."

"Ok then, I gotta run now Applejack so I'll see you later!" Twilight said. She took off and galloped towards the market centre.

"Gee, someponys in a hurry." Applejack said as she packed up her things. She had nothing to sell, so staying there all day would be pointless when there's apples to be buckin'.

Twilight arrived at the market centre looking for the aqua pony at her stall. Sure enough, Lyra was standing at her stall, looking more bored than Twilight's livingroom's floor. Twilight walked over to her to tell her about what she had seen.

"Hi Lyra." Twilight said with a cheerful voice.

"Hey Twilight, it's been a while hasn't it." Lyra replied. It had been weeks since they had last had a conversation together.

"Hehe, it sure has."

"So did you come here to buy something? I have plenty of things on sale today. You could have this unique Wonderbolts keychain or a awesome looking stone I found in the Canterlot Gardens!"

"Actually, I didn't come here to buy anything, I came here to ask you something."

"Oh...ok then."

"Does the Group of letters N.S.A ring any bells?" Twilight asked. Lyra thought long an hard but the letters didn't seem to match anything she had collected or aquired.

"Uhh, nope. Not heard of anything with those letters attached." Lyra said.

"How about K.S.P?" Lyra froze. How did Twilight know about these letters? Had she found objects with those enscriptions on it? What if he wasn't the only one, what if...

"Uh, Equestria calling Lyra, hello?" Twilight asked.

"Oh sorry, just tranced out for a bit hehe, hey wanna buy some hats?" Lyra said frantically.

"Do you know something about those letters Lyra?" Twilight said in a stern tone. It was obvious she did, she just wanted to see if Lyra would tell her.

"......meet me round the back of my house in 5 minutes." Lyra whispered into Twilight's ear. Twilight nodded and walked indirectly towards Lyra's house. What was up with her? Why am I meeting her at the back of her house. Ok, now I'm sure those letters mean something more than just a dream.

After 5 minutes of walking, Twilight slipped into the alley that led behind Lyra's house. Sure enough when she turned towards the corner, there was Lyra. Twilight approached her and asked her a question.

"Why are we..." Twilight began.

"Ssh...quiet!" Lyra said. Twilight mouthed 'why' to Lyra. She signaled for Twilight to follow her. Twilight did so and they arrived at a pile of broken cardboard boxes. Slowly, Lyra began lifting the boxes, revealing a small wooden hatch that lead under her house. Just before she opened it, she asked Twilight where she had seen those letters.

Twilight whispered "I saw them in a dream last night. They really stood out to me. I knew you knew a ton about weird objects so I came I you." Lyra nodded, opened the hatch and the 2 ponies went inside.

Inside the basement, it was complete darkness. Lyra turned to Twilight and told her that they could speak freely in here. The first question Twilight asked was why they were here.

"We are here so we can speak in absolute privacy." Lyra responded.

"Ok second, what do you know about KSP?"

"Ok, as you know, I collect a lot of different things. About 2 months ago, I found what looked to be a helmet just outside the Everfree Forest. It was rusted, it had cracked glass and it has an inscription on the front. It read the letters KSP. I later dug there more and more, finding more and more random objects. The ranged from disks to flasks to weird black rocks. On there own, they looked completely unrelated, but I think they are connected somehow. And this, is my findings."
Lyra flipped a switch in the blackness of the room, revealing shelves and shelves of unique and priceless objects. One shelf was dedicated to all her newest findings. At the top of the shelf, it read 'The Kyans'.

"This is amazing Lyra. Some of these objects must be worth thousands of bits!" Twilight exclaimed.

"I know, they are very rare objects. Their value will only go up." Lyra smiled.

"So, do you think there is a reason that the words KSP came to me last night." Twilight asked, getting back to business.

"I don't know Twilight, this might just be a huge coincidence, or it might mean something a whole lot bigger." Lyra said.

"Yeah, hopefully just a coincidence though." Twilight said. Seconds later, Twilights stomach growled. Twilight looked down at her stomach, looked up looking embarrassed and the two ponies laughed.

"Well, I'm gonna head and get some dinner Lyra. Thanks for showing me this place!" Twilight said cheerfully.

"Yeah, but don't go telling everypony, this is just between you and me, got it?" Lyra said.

"You have my word Lyra." Twilight said. Twilight then walked back into the street and began making her journey home. She could wait to get some food, she was starving.