• Published 19th Oct 2014
  • 853 Views, 8 Comments

Generations to come. - GalaxyFlower



It seems the allicorn age spell is wearing off! Quickly, Princess Celestia must make an heir to her generation. Children. One that will rise the sun, the other that will rise the moon. Finding love may not be as easy as she thinks.

  • ...
7
 8
 853

The name.

-o-

Five months. Five months and it looks like I'm fat. Fat... but it's just the lovely foals coming.

"So, how are they doing?" Lotus asks.

"Fine." I mumble.
'I'm feeling fat lately' is what I meant to say, but I guess 'Fine' is okay, too. Lotus rubs the bump on my belly and I feel a sudden kicking. Kicking again, again, again.

"It's coming." I squeak.

"What? What is?" Lotus asks.

"The baby!" I yell." The baby is coming!"
He jumps, and carries me on his back, all the way to the hospital.

"Hold tight! Don't worry, I'll get-" He stammers as he carries me.

"Just go!" I squeal.
He trots all the way to the hospital, and when he sets me down, I am about ready to scream. So I do, and the surgeon ponies rush to my aid. My vision blurs, and I wake up, to a light blue foal, with a moon on her forehead. A unicorn. A unicorn with sparkly dark blue hair. I wonder what her cutie mark is.

"So... what will her name be?" Lotus asks.
I think and think. There seems to be no perfect names out there, until one comes up, and out of my mouth.

"Moon Prancer." I smile.
He nods his head in agreement.

"Moon Prancer." He repeats.

~o~

That's strange. Luna had her foal before me. Apparently her name was Moon Prancer. I am with Luna currently.

"Luna." I say.

"Yes?" She asks.

"Should we tell?" I ask.

"Well... let's see yours first." She smiles.

"Let's not rush it." I giggle.
We both laugh. We haven't laughed like this in what felt like forever. Like a family, that is. Our horns crossed, our arms hugging each other. Happiness.

"So... what now?" She asks, cradling the new born foal.
The nurse pony walks in and whispers something in Luna's ear. What ever she said, it made Luna pout. She sadly handed her foal to the nurse.

"Had to go to nursing?" I guess.
She nods her head slowly.

"Well, we could-" I start.
I feel a sharp pain in my stomach. Like a gurgle, a bubble. The tension in the bubble was rising slowly, and I felt like fainting.

"Quick! Somepony get the nurse!" Luna yelled, cradling my head in her lap.
Everything was such a blur after that. My vision blurred, so I could barely see. But I made out the fact I was being carried in a stretcher into a room. It all happened so fast. The rushing, the pain, the joy. But it seemed the joy lasted the longest. The joy of hearing your new foal crying, the joy of hearing that the release was successful. The joy, of having a foal at all.

"Oh, Celestia, I was so worried." Comet sighed."I think they said it was a boy."
He smiled at the yellow foal. It had red hair. The little foal had it's father features, and for some reason... it was born as an allicorn. So the allicorn spell was raised into him, but not Luna's.

"What's his name?" The doctor pony asked.
I start to think on naming him 'Sun Star' since he was so familiar to his dad and not me, but then, a better name appears in my mind.

"Sunrise Journey." I sigh.
I feel weak, still. But it is joy to me, that my foal is as handsome as his father. I kiss 'Sunrise' on his forehead, and fall into a deep sleep.

-o-

It has been almost five years now. Five years. Why does time move so quickly? Moon Prancer and Sunrise Journey get along well as cousins, and I'm glad. I just hope he doesn't grow up too fast, because I want to live up to the day when I get to see if the allicorn spell lasts. Because Moon Prancer has earned his horn. Because I want my children to live. Because, we're all family.

~o~

Lotus. I'm worried about him. He hasn't written in his journal at all, and just last week he burned it. Could it possibly be because his mother passed away three days ago? I wonder...

"Lotus." I say.
He jumps, probably expecting to be alone on the rose-vine encrusted gazebo.

"Hi, Luna. Sorry... what did you need?" He asked, sadly. Smiling a bit.
It hurts my heart to see that sorrow he tries to hide when he smiles.

"Why are you so sad?" I ask.

"I'm not." He replies grimly.

"Yes, you are, Lotus." I say.
Don't yell, don't yell, don't yell

"Well, I'm not. Can I have my alone time now?" He asks.

"Alright." I say softly.
It's so hard to hold in tears when it feels like your being rejected. When the person you love is being a dick and you can't seem to get mad at them. I know just the pony to help.

-o-

"So, he's sad, but he doesn't want you to know?" Twilight asks.
Twilight was supposed to be hanging out with Cadence today. I feel bad now since I intruded. I nod my head anyways.

"Maybe he wants a divorce." Cadence mumbles.

"We've been married for... I don't know how long!" I cry.

"Yeah, it's too early for divorce." Twilight reassures me.

"Maybe it's just loss." Cadence suggests.

"Maybe." Twilight and I say in unison.
We all sit there in silence.

"I'll just...go." I sigh, I can feel my body shaking.

"If you need me, I'm here." Twilight says." You don't have to hide your trembling."
I nod my head and walk out the door.

-o-

I hear a knock on the door. It was Lotus. I had decided I would start ignoring him until he told me what was wrong not even 5 minutes ago.

"Luna? I know your in there." Lotus says.
My eyes are swollen up from crying in my now crusty pillow all night. I hear a thump on the door, like he hit his head on one of the doors, and now his head rests there.

"Please, stop crying." He sighs.

"Go away," I squeak.

"I'm sorry!" He says, his voice shaking." Okay? I lost my mom!"

"Well, I lost both parents!" I scream." Don't you know how I felt for once, Lotus?"
Damn, I did it. I screamed.

"I said I was sorry!" He yelled, frustrated.
Is this... an argument? Oh no, I should have stopped myself from screaming. More moist tears flow down from my face. I feel the wet rolls of water slide down my cheeks. So, this is what real sorrow feels like.

Painful.

Author's Note:

Pfft, well sorry if those names stunk, I had a lot of home work! :applejackunsure: But hey, if you find any errors in this chapter or something, tell me so I can fix it. ALSO I'm still looking for an editor!! :raritywink: