• Published 24th Oct 2014
  • 844 Views, 6 Comments

The Lives of Doctor Whooves - GrandSpellcaster



There is legend of a pony that appears every few centuries to help

  • ...
1
 6
 844

Chapter 5: This is Wrong

Long Lecture was never the kind of pony who used his sick days, he was the kind of pony that as long as he could get out of bed he would take a few antibiotics and work through that day. To Starlight's displeasure she was holding four chairs with her magic while her bandaged teacher was, thankfully, not seated in one of the chairs she wasn't holding. He had picked up where he left off on his Daring Do novel and insisted that Starlight continue to practice her magic while he finished a few chapters.

"All right, I'm done, you can stop now." He said closing the book and placing it on a nearby table.

Starlight gently lowered the chairs to the ground, but she released her hold on them a bit too early and they hit the ground with a thud. Lecture flinched slightly at the unexpected sound then glared with annoyance Starlight.

Starlight apologized and Lecture allowed her to leave. Lecture rose from the chair and used his magic to shape a foreleg so he could walk and left the room. He entered the consul room to find the Doctor fiddling with some wires from a panel in the wall by the door. "Doctor can I talk to you about something?" Lecture asked.

"If you don't mind me working while we speak, then very well." The Doctor said still fiddling with the wires.

"Well…I was wondering what do you hope to accomplish by simply showing Starlight the effects the various kinds of magic have?" Lecture asked.

"I'm not sure I know what you mean" the Doctor said grunting and pulling a small rectangle out of the panel in the wall and a serious of sparks shot out. The two stallions both jumped and Lecture's leg construct wavered and dissipated as he fell.

As the pair got up Lecture clarified, "Too witness magic and to experience magic are two completely different things. You do realize that, don't you?"

"Of course I realize that. Would you prefer that I subject her to the magic? Make her hate another, fall in love, depressed, enraged, make friends, Sing a song, subject her to every form of magic known to all sentient life through time and space, I wouldn't! I have her see the effects of the magic because that's all she needs."

"'All she needs'?"

"Yes 'all she needs'. Our kind don't bother with all that magic anywise, it's far too messy."

"What do you mean by 'our kind'?"

The Doctor fiddled with some of the wires for a few seconds and then said "Time travelers, we prefer science to magic..."

"Not according to Starswirl the Bearded." Lecture interjected, "according to the history books he was able to time travel."

"At least he respects the rules, according to the history books."

"What rules?"

"There are two big ones. One: don't create a paradox you can't work your way out of, which includes crossing timelines and things like that. And Two: Don't leave any marks on history, except the most subtle of them. Like speeding up the rescue of a small band of lost Chelm, or shaving a few weeks off the lives of a few ponies. That is the over lying lesson I'm trying to teach her."

"I see. Wait what, we're losing weeks of our lives?" Lecture asked miffed about not being told this before he had left with the Doctor and Starlight.

"Yes, if I take you home a few moments after I picked you up then to history it'll look like you died sooner than you should." The Doctor said placing the rectangle back into the panel and smiled as it lit up a light blue green color. "There, I believe I've got the chameleon circuit working again!" he said moving to the consul and landed the capsule, then he rushed out the door.

He turned around to see that the capsule hadn't changed from the blue box despite being surrounded by a bunch of fine wooden homes. Lecture followed him out and was puzzled, "What's a chameleon circuit?"

"It's not supposed to be a blue box all the time." The Doctor said. He looked through the open door at the interior of the capsule and thought aloud, "I wonder what I fixed?"

Lecture turned around and surveyed the crowd of unicorns that had gathered around the Doctor, Lecture, and the box. "Doctor, why are they staring around us?"

The Doctor turned around to see the large crowd, then he whispered at Lecture, "Tell them it's an experiment, an invisibility spell or something."

"What" Lecture asked turning away from the crowd.

"You know, a magical experiment of some kind."

"Why me?" he asked. The Doctor responded by waving his hoof above his forehead.

"Okay" Lecture turned back towards the crowd and addressed them in his 'first class of the day' voice, "Nothing to see here, just a simple invisibility test! Move along! Move along!"

The crowd dispersed, the last of them was a grey unicorn colt who looked at the box in amazement, "how did you do that?" he asked jaw opened in amazement.

"Um... it's hard to explain?" Lecture tried to think of something.

"He simply bent the light around the box, now run along little colt and go ahead and try to figure out how he bent the light." The Doctor said pointing down the road.

"Okay!" The colt shouted with a smile and ran off in the direction the Doctor had pointed.


There was something they didn't realize however, one of the unicorns that was in the crowd was still watching them. He was plainly dressed, compared to the others, that is. He wore what the other unicorns would have called 'earth pony trash'. Or they would if he wasn't wearing the seal of the Monks of the Light, tasked to raise the sun every morning and lower it every night.

The monk watched as the two ponies stepped back into the blue box and walked back to the solar monastery outside of town.


Back inside the capsule the Doctor walked back to the panel and began to get back to work on it. Lecture asked, "Shouldn't you put the TARDIS in flight before you make it transform."

"Great! Now Starlight has you calling my time capsule that!" He complained as he worked.

Tender Touch walked into the consul room and was followed by Starlight got the Doctor's attention, "Grandfather, I was wondering if perhaps we could go out and just, for once, not have to worry about my magic lessons?"

"Do you mean now? If you do I couldn't imagine a better point in history for a pair of unicorns." He said not turning away from the panel.

"Why" Tender Touch asked.

Starlight had moved over to the consul and looked at the date, "We're in pre-Equestria times, back when the tribes of your planet were separated. And we're in a unicorn village!"

"Really!?" Lecture and Tender asked in unison.

"Yes!" Starlight answered.

Tender nearly jumped with joy, "I've always wondered what it was like before the Windigos came, the history books never say anything about this time period." She said as her and Starlight began to leave.

Lecture followed them with his eyes as they left, then the Doctor spoke up, "Go ahead, recover part of your races history and learn some forgotten spells. Just leave this old stallion alone to his work." and with that Lecture ran out to catchup to the mares.


Not that far outside of town an army numbering five thousand strong was hiding on the other side of a large mountain. They had piled low clouds above the camp to block the smoke from reveling their position. A young pegasus entered the commanders tent, "Sir our pegasi are ready to begin the assault" The pegasus said saluting.

"Thank you Major Hurricane." the Commander said not turning away from the map he was studying. "However I'm making a change in the colonel's plan, I would like you to take a company to guard the monastery."

The young major was insulted, "What?! You want me to waste time on a monastery, we can't even invade those!!"

"Exactly why I want you to guard it, I don't want any of that unicorn filth to make it inside." The commander said smiling widely.

The major grinned and saluted, "Yes Commander Storm Cloud" and with that the major left the tent.

The Commander looked at the monastery's position on the map, it was opposite of the camp and closer to the unicorn village. The major might have a hard time keeping some of the unicorn filth out of it. However a unicorn’s first instinct isn't to run, it's to fight. He planned to use those crucial few moments it would take for the unicorns to stop shooting and run to allow the major to get in between them and the monastery.

He knew this plan wasn't foal proof, the unicorns had the ability to teleport and who knew how many secret tunnels might be running between the monastery and village. Then there were the monks if any of the major’s ponies stepped hoof behind the monastery's walls all bets were off. The monks were powerful and they would treat his entire army as a treat and probably destroy it.

His thoughts were interrupted by a furious mare entering the tent, "Why are you having Major Hurricane guarding the monastery when I had Major Nimbus on that?! And more so why did I hear it from Nimbus instead of you!?"

Storm Cloud glared gown at her and calmly replied, "Is that any way to address a superior?"

The pegasus faltered in her rage, she bowed her head not daring to make eye contact any more, "I'm sorry Commander, please forgive me." She pleaded expecting that at any moment that she'd feel the sensation of leaving her body, by his hoof.

But the Commander had no intention of letting her off that easily "Colonel, do you have family back home?" he asked.

Quivering she said, "Yes, two foals" she felt as though she was condemning them to Tartarus itself.

"You are lucky I'm feeling generous, another outburst like that and they'll pay the price." he said looking back at the map.

"Thank you, for your generosity great Commander Storm Cloud." She said choked out.

"As for your question, Nimbus is a moron who would probably figure out a way to make the monks mad and I don't want that to happen. Now leave my command tent and ready the troops. We fly in the morning, for we will fight with the rising sun at our backs instead of the setting sun in our eyes!"

She saluted and dismissed herself.


Tender Touch was admiring the jewelry on display in the market stand, the pony that was operating the stand had a look of absolute boredom, "Lady are you going to by something or not?"

"She looked up at him clearly annoyed, "Well, if you’re going to be rude then...NO!" She turned and walked off.

Starlight walked away from another stall holding a flute with her magic, she pulled out a coin purse and slid the flute into it. "Tender, have you found anything you like yet?" she asked the nurse.

"No, I thought I found something but the stall owner was rude and I don't deal with rude ponies." She said as Long Lecture walked up to them.

"This place is amazing, look I got a book on magical constructs. This should help me stabilize my fake hoof while my real one is still in this annoying sling." He said casting a spell and the fake hoof just shimmered. He examined the leg and sighed, "Oh well, at least the book is worth something."

The three unicorns went on their way through the market until they saw a group of six unicorns loading a cart with all kinds of food. The working unicorns didn't see that some of the spokes of the wheel were cracked and began to budge as they loaded more and more food onto it. As the wheel finally gave way causing the cart to spill all of the food all over the dirt ground. Or it would have if Long Lecture, Tender Touch and, to a lesser extent, Starlight didn't catch the cart as it fell keeping most of the food inside.

The leader of the worker took off his hat and bowed gracefully and in a Scoltish accent said, "Thank ya for saving us the trouble that, that reached old cart would have caused us."

"You’re welcome." Tender said instinctively.

"Yes, you’re very welcome," Lecture added, "But why pile so much food onto one cart?"

"We'd normally have two but it takes four of us to haul one cart all the way to the monastery." The pony answered.

"The monastery?" Starlight asked oblivious to the fact that she could see it if she turned around and got one her tipihooves.

"Yes, those monks, for all their magic, still need food. Me and my compatriots here take food to them every two weeks or so. Speaking of which, would any of you like to make a quick forty bits?"

Lecture turned towards his friends and gave shrug, "Do we have anything else to do?"

"Not really..."

"Great! I'll do it! And the girls here will as well!" Lecture said.

"What!?" the two mares said in unison.

"Come on, we get to see a genuine solar monastery."

"I don't know..." Starlight began.

"You can see the magic the monks use to move the sun! And Tender, the monks knew all kinds of medicine, who knows what kind of secrets that were lost to history?!" He pleaded.

"Fine." Starlight said.

"Sure why not, I have always wondered what it was like in one of those."

The three of them helped the working ponies pack the final cart. Once they headed out to the monastery they used the fact that there was now nine ponies to switch out every twenty minutes or so, allowing all the ponies a break from hauling one of the two carts.


Deep in the monastery's crypt a monk was looking over a list he wrote up.

1. Locate pegasus forces

2. Mount weather manipulators

3. Wait for pegasus invasion

4. Meet the unicorn King

5. 'Lose' physics textbook

6. 'Lose' my Archscroll

7. Watch what happens

He had just finished mounting the manipulators on the unicorn side of the mountain and drew the line through the task. All he had to do was save the town with powerful 'magic' and meet the king only to lose some important things during his visit.

He rolled up his list and opened the coffin he had come down here to see, then threw the list into it and pulled out a wrist watch. He checked the time and saw that it was almost three and all he had to do was wait fifteen hours.


The Doctor stepped back out of his time capsule only to have his hopes dashed by the same blue box. "Ten tries and nothing! Fine if you're going to be like that then I'm done trying to fix you!" he shouted at the stubborn time capsule.

He walked off irritated and was determined to find his granddaughter and her teachers. As he walked through the market asking the every few vendors if they had seen Starlight, Tender Touch or Lecture. He was in the middle of asking a particularly rude vendor when he felt a rubber ball strike his side, bounce off the vendors stand then hit him again, at which point he caught it.

As he examined the ball he couldn't help but notice that the rubber was a bit out of place for the time period. His train of thought was interrupted by a filly tugging on his coat.

"Mister, can I have the ball back?" she asked giving him the best puppy dog eyes it could manage.

He tussled the filly’s mane and said, "You can have it back if you tell me where you got it. Do we have a deal?"

"Sure, one of the monks from the monastery gave it to me."

The Doctor handed the filly the ball and sent her on her way. I'll have to speak with these monks, that ball is way out of place, he thought as he headed in the direction of the monastery.


The food caravan had just entered the monastery's courtyard and were greeted by the smiling faces of three monks, "Welcome to our monastery friends." the middle one said as they all bowed their heads.

"Hello Father Solace, we have your food for the next two weeks." The leader of the work ponies said bowing back.

"Thank you my child. How have these last two weeks treated you and yours?"

"Not very well, my wee son is determined to get his cutie mark and he won't stop trying different types of magic. He nearly blew up the house yesterday!"

"Perhaps you should bring him here, we may be able to help him."

"I would...but my wife would kill me! Then she'd come here to get him back and you'd be in her warpath!"

"Then I wish him luck and that his talent isn't in pyromancy." The Father smiled as he looked over at the workers, "I see you have some new hooves amongst you."

"Yes, we lost Dawn and Curly to their honeymoon."

"Ah yes, I remember the service."

"So we've talked about my life how have you been Father."

"We got a new monk. But that's about it" the father said.

"That's new, I didn't know any of the villagers were going through the Harrowing."

"He's not from the village, he's from one of the Lunar monasteries, and I forget which one."

"You must be getting senile in your old age Father" the leader said.

"I guess I must be..."


The trip to the monastery wasn't a long one, and when the Doctor arrived he found the front gate locked to him. He pounded on the wooded gate for several minutes until he heard a whistling sound. He followed the sound and saw a monk walking around a field. He called out to the monk, "Young man! May I speak to you?!"

The monk stopped pacing and walked over to the Doctor, "good day my child, you're a bit far away from home."

"Hello, my good stallion. Do you know why won't they let me into the monastery?"

"My child, this is a solar monastery, only unicorns can get into it during the day." The monk explained.

The Doctor looked up at his forehead and thought to himself, that’s right racist time's, best not to seem too progressive.

"Well, have you seen anything unusual lately?" The Doctor asked.

"My child, this is a place of magical achievement, there isn't anything usual here."


The work ponies were about to head out when Long Lecture asked the Father Solace, "The young one here has always wanted to tour the inside of one of these monasteries, and would you allow us the pleasure."

"Oh yes we've all wanted to see one of these for the longest time but simply haven't gotten around to it." Tender Touch added.

"Very well, you may go and see, however if a monk tells you that you cannot do something, I expect you to listen." The Father said allowing the three ponies to enter the monastery proper.

"Thank you father" Starlight said.

"Just a second" He said handing them a medallion, "you'll need this to be allowed inside." he said smiling.


"Well then, can you tell me if the monks make rubber?" The Doctor asked.

"We don't waist our time on rubber, we learn new ways to use our magic." The monk said proudly.

"Then mind telling me what rubber is." The Doctor asked.

The monk paused as he realized his mistake, rubber wouldn't be invented for another five hundred years on this planet. He saw the look on the Doctor's face and he darted off towards one of the many secret entrances into the monastery. The Doctor fallowed and made his way down the thin tunnel the monk had ran into as he exited it he found himself in an out cove in a crypt. As he reached the center of the out cove he iron bars fell over both the entrance to the out cove and the secret passage.

The monk poked his head from around the corners and smiled at the Doctor through the bars, "Sssoooo..." He started, "Who are you?"

"Why should I tell you?" the Doctor asked.

"Because if I like your answer, I might let you go." he told the Doctor as he sat down.

"I'll tell you if you tell me who you are."

"Fine, but you first." The monk insisted.

The Doctor narrowed his eyes, "Fine. I'm the Doctor, and you?"

"Well Doctor, I'm the Monk. Sometimes called the Meddling Monk, and far less often the Time Meddler. You can just call me the Monk."


Long Lecture was elated for a chance to explore these halls of learning, but every time he got close to a monk doing an experiment the monk would stop and hide their notes. But he didn't care, just the opportunity to see this place in all its splendor. He loved it, the mares however had nothing more than a mild curiosity for the monastery.

"Look at this, they have figured out how to make a cloud go rouge leaving the pegasus unable to control them!" Lecture said as pointed to the dark cloud.

"Yes it's quite fascinating but Lecture, how exactly is Starlight learning here?" Tender asked.

"Well...the Doctor said, that she should learn by observation, not experience. So Starlight what do you see"

"Unicorns practicing various spells, and some of them doing thinks with salt" Starlight said glancing at the room.

"Where do you see salt?" Tender asked not seeing any.

"It's in the cracks in between the tiles on the ground." She said pointing to one such crack.

"Oh” Lecture said looking down at the cracks, "I wonder why they poured salt into the cracks?"

A random monk interjected, "If pegasi were to invade the salt would be washed out and the air would become saturated with its smell allowing us to escape without being tracked."


"So what do you get out of giving the ponies rubber!?" The Doctor demanded.

"Nothing! Why are you so focused on rubber!?"

"You gave a rubber ball to a filly in the village and I refuse to allow you to leave such a game changing invention this far back in the past"

"That's not all I did." The Monk Boasted, "Tomorrow, when the pegasi invade, I'm going to destroy their army."

"You can't do that! If you destroy that army then Major Hurricane will die and the pegasus will lose one of their greatest leaders."

"That's not all they'll lose... They'll lose a section of their army and the unicorn king will be able to crush the pegasi and take total control of the ponies. Then I intend on 'accidentally' giving them the knowledge they need. Imagine, ponies will be in space in a matter of centuries."

"You can't do that! The ponies have several lessons to learn before they get to space. If you give them the ability to get there sooner then they very well may become a war based race!"

"So! Let'em. I'm sure it'll be interesting to see what happens." The monk said as he walked over to a coffin on the floor and stepped inside. When he came out he had a watch and checked the time, "Only thirteen more hours to go"


"What's through there?" Tender asked one of the monks as she pointed towards a door.

"The crypts, it's where our dead are kept, and a few nobles." the monk answered.

"Oh." Starlight said. A monk emerged from the crypts in a hurry and accidentally collided with Tender Touch.

"Oh, I'm so sorry my dear. I wasn’t looking where I was going, do forgive me" the Monk said to Tender helping her up.

"It's okay. Are you hurt?" Tender asked.

"No, I'm quite all right. Good bye" The Monk said.

"Forgive him, he's from a lunar monastery." the first monk explained.

Starlight felt something odd when the monk had collided with Tender, "There's something off about that pony."

"Like I said he's from a lunar monastery, they're all a bit eccentric, I think it has something to do with the moon's influence." The monk explained further.

"I don't think that's it" Starlight said creaking open the door to the crypt.

"I'm afraid that you cannot go in there." the monk said closing the door.

"Why not? The other monk was in there." Starlight asked.

"He's a monk and commoners aren't allowed in the crypts." The monk said, "And if you can't accept that then I'm afraid you'll have to leave."

"Well, looks like we can't accept that." Starlight began as the monk she had been talking to fell over. Lecture had hit him in the back of the head with a piece of wood. "Grandfather would be so disappointed." Starlight mused as Lecture began to lift the unconscious monk into the crypts with them.


The Doctor leaned agents the side wall of the little 'cell', he didn't even understand why the monks would have built anything like this in their crypts, what if one of them got stuck in here? he thought. Then he got up and began to look for switches, levers, buttons, or panels, anything that might release these bars that surrounded him on two sides. He found no such salvation.

He heard the sound of footsteps and awaited the Monks return. But to his great surprise instead of the Monk rounding the corner to the outcome it was Tender Touch. Her face lit up as she shouted to the others to come.

The 'three' unicorns had no trouble opening the large bars, immediately after the bars were raised Starlight rushed in and hugged her grandfather, "how long have you been down here?" she asked.

"Not long" he said breaking away and walking over to the coffin that the Monk had pulled the watch out of and opening it. "Would you look at this?" He said as he stepped inside.

The others joined him and saw that it was another time capsule, however it was a light tan color on the inside and it had hexagons on the walls instead of circles.

"I knew that monk was off" Starlight declared placing her fore hooves on the main console.

"Indeed," the Doctor confirmed, "he's from where we're from" the Doctor picked up a remote control with a small display on the top and looked it over, "I think this controls weather manipulators."

Lecture leaned over and looked at the odd thing, "how do you figure that."

The Doctor turned it over and showed that the remote was labeled 'Weather Manipulator Control'.

Tender pulled out a scroll and unraveled it, "Would you look at this?"

1. Locate pegasus forces

2. Mount weather manipulators

3. Wait for pegasus invasion

4. Meet the unicorn King

5. 'Lose' physics textbook

6. 'Lose' my Archscroll

7. Watch what happens

"What do you suppose this is about?" she asked showing it to the others in the consul room.

The Doctor and Starlight exchanged nervous glances, then the Doctor asked, "What's the name of the village we landed in?"

Starlight looked gravely at him and said, "Red Horn," she paused and looked down, "We must have landed near the battle".

"What battle?" Lecture asked looking back and forth between them for a few moments.

The Doctor answered, "One of the most influential battles in your history, The Slaughter of Red Horn. This will be the last battle of The Great Commander Storm Cloud, and when Starswirl the Bearded will be the first unicorn to use alicorn level power to get his cutie mark and in the process destroy half the occupied village."

"That's absolutely right Doctor" The Monk said looking very cross as he stood in the doorway of the Time Capsule.

"What do you have to gain from any of this?" The Doctor asked narrowing his eyes slightly.

"Oh, strait to the point then. I don't have anything to gain. In fact, as the list points out, I'm losing some things." The Monk said taking a step closer.

"Ya right, you’re clearly getting something out of this" Starlight said pointing at him with her hoof.

"I get nothing from my actions, it's the ponies that get everything. In fact if they work fast the unicorns will be in space within five hundred years"

"That's too early, the ponies aren't supposed to get into space for thousands of years" The Doctor said getting a little angry. "They can't go into space that early, they need to learn some very important lessons first. If they leave the planet when you plan they'll be no better than Welikians in their barbarism."

"So, it doesn't matter. Just imagine how the universe will change with the ponies carving their way through it rather than assimilating or out lasting other species. Isn't it exciting to think about?"

"No I won't allow you to do this." The Doctor said as he hit a series of button on the remote he had been holding. "I won't allow you to use the pegasus's cloud against them." he said as he reset the targeting coordinates of the manipulators.

"Doctor what do you think you’re doing!" the Monk said pulling the remote out of his hooves with his magic. "He looked at the small display at the top, I see you made the manipulators target themselves."

"Yes I did, Starlight hit the green button!" He shouted and Starlight did as he ordered. Before the monk could react the green button was down and the display read firing


Far off on the Red Horn Mountain there was a low rumbling and several small explosions on the unicorn side as the manipulators shot electricity through themselves, trying to simulate lightning in the shallow holes they'd been put in.


Back in the Monks time Capsule he was furious, "How dare you, those cost more than the mountain they were on!!"

"I pressed the button" Starlight said smiling.

The monk’s horn began to glow but before he could do anything he was struck in the back of the head by a piece of rock from the crypt outside. Long Lecture smiled content with his action "Ha, should have paid better attention" He said to the unconscious 'pony'.

The Doctor turned to the consul of the Time Capsule and opened a hatch, "We cannot let him simply get more manipulators, he still has time" he explained his actions to his friends, he pulled out a small octagon from the underside and disconnected it from the wires it was connected to.

"That should keep him bouncing around" Starlight said seeing the octagon.

"What is it" Tender asked.

"It's a Directional Circuit, without it the best he could do is aim for a planet and hope for the best." Starlight explained.

The Doctor took the scroll that the list was on and flipped it over, he quickly scribbled something don on it and jammed it into the space the circuit used to occupy. "We'd better take our leave before he wakes up." The Doctor said as the group departed.


There was screaming from the passage way, it echoed through the crypt until it woke the Monk. As his eyes opened he heard more and more screaming echo through the crypt. "Gotta fix this" He said still groggy. He made his way over to the consul and reset the coordinates, I'll just get more manipulators and place them on the mountain after the other ones got destroyed. he thought to himself as he placed his capsule in flight.

As it landed, he opened the door to find a dessert, "this isn't right." the thought aloud. He went back to the consul and entered the coordinates again, this time when he opened the door he saw a lava flow right under the door way. In a panic, he tried several more times and never saw the same thing twice. He used his magic to open all the panels under the consul and on the walls at once and saw a bundled up piece of paper fall out of one in the consul. Hesitantly he opened it...
Dear Meddling Monk

I've taken your Directional Circuit to prevent you from doing something you know you shouldn't do, you can have it back next time we meet, if you've been good

Your "friend" The Doctor

The Monk couldn't help himself, he yelled the vilest curses he knew and directed them all towards the Doctor.

Author's Note:

A good classic villain, wouldn't you agree?
Well I am bringing the hole race into this universe and the Monk was a 'good' adversary in his own right. Though mine isn't a calm as the original.