• Published 24th Oct 2014
  • 844 Views, 6 Comments

The Lives of Doctor Whooves - GrandSpellcaster



There is legend of a pony that appears every few centuries to help

  • ...
1
 6
 844

Chapter 9: Lord and Master

The TARDIS materialized and the earth pony and his two unicorn companions stepped out of it. "You still haven't told us where we are" Lecture complained.

"Where are we?"

"Well, I don't have to try to show Starlight the types of magic, I figured I'd just hit random."

"So you don't know?" Tender asked.

"No! I know exactly where we are, we're on the planet Stine, home of the Sten a decent race of hexapedles." The Doctor said with a sense of smug superiority about him.

Lecture looked at the barren ground they stood on and asked, "So where are they?" He kicked some dirt for emphasis.

"That is... A very good question." The Doctor said walking a little as he checked every direction. "This should be a busy city street. Not a wasteland like this."

"So did mess up?"

"No! I simply read it wrong." The Doctor said walking back to the TARDIS and checking the coordinates , "We're exactly where and when I thought we were. So why is this place a wasteland?"

"Well we better get going, no point in walking around a wasteland all day." Lecture said and began to walk back to the TARDIS. Right before he managed to get back he and Tender were shot by some sort of magic rays.

The Doctor walked back out and looked at his companions laying on the ground. He turned his head towards the fifteen or so hexapedles that were charging at him. Their staffs glowed with various colors as they shot moor beams at the Doctor, on hit him and he collapsed to his knees, still conscious for a moment when a second one hit him and knocked him on his back.


Tender was the first to wake up, she and Lecture were upside down, tied at the ankle to a large stick. It looked like they were gong to cook them. Tender looked around the large tent for the Doctor but he wasn't there. She decided to find something sharp to cut the ropes with. Just as she saw the short knife and began to reach for it with her magic one of the Sten entered the tent.

Tender tried to pretend to be asleep but it was too late, "You're finally awake?" Sten said with a voice that sounded like it had inhaled helium.

"Yes" Tender said slightly thrown off by the large creature's oddly high voice.

"Good, the magic wore off, it's safe to cook you now." With that the Sten walked out of the tent.

Tender didn't waste any time and grabbed the short knife in her magic and brought it to her ankles. She sawed through the rope and after a few moments she collapsed to the ground. Once she had gotten to her hooves she began work on Lectures bindings and soon enough he fell to the floor with a thud and a muffled yelp of pain.

Tender had put her hoof over his mouth to muffle the yelp. She removed her hoof and he asked, "What's going on?"

"We've been captured, and they're going to eat us."

"Where's the Doctor?"

"I don't know, but we need to get out of here. Any Ideas?"

"Do you know where the TARDIS is?"

"No." Tender said lowering her head realizing that they had nowhere to run to if they didn't know where it was.

"Well that rules out Teleportation..." He said rubbing his chin, "Which leaves us with fighting our way out or sneaking our way out."

"I don't know how to fight." Tender said.

"Then it's a good thing I know a few spells that will help us sneak out." Lecture said his horn glowing as he cast an invisibility spell on Tender and himself.

"Where did you learn an invisibility spell?" Tender asked lifting her hoof up and trying to examine it.

"Nowhere...technically, I had an opportunity to explore the royal library a few years ago and weeelllll, I didn't let the opportunity pass me by." Lecture said giving where he thought she was an invisible smile.

The two ponies went through the exit tot the tent and found themselves in a camp. The Sten were covered with dirt and rags, and not a signal one was still, not even the children or elderly. Some of them were working hard to patch together animal skins for cloths and tents, while others were placing strips of meat on stone slabs and securing them above some weird iguana like creatures. A few slightly larger Sten were holding spears and only walking on four legs. Lecture couldn't help but notice that the spearheads looked like horns, and that the color of the spearhead always matched the color of the Sten that was holding it.

They looked for a large tent that would signify a leader but every signal tent was exactly the same size, no matter what their apparent purpose was. They eventually found a tent that had a series of blankets placed on the ground and an idle at the far end. Underneath that idle was a sack just large enough to hold a pony.

They moved to the sack and opened the top of it, inside a bound Doctor rest completely unconscious inside. "What magic is this!" the Sten's extremely high voice as he looked at the wildly raving bag.

Lecture and Tender looked at him the realization coming over their face. But just as fast as the Sten had arrived it left shouting like a lunatic. In less than a minute a shorter one that was bone white entered the tent flanked by two of the large spear wielders. The ponies moved to the edge of the tent while the white one moved to inspect the bag. After a few minutes of inspecting the bag the white one clicked twice and the two others began to inspect the bag with him. There was a groan and a huff and all three of the Sten jumped back and bowed to the now awake Doctor.

The Doctor's Time Lord mind had allowed him to wake up at the peek of capacity, he wasn't even a little groggy. Though he was completely confused by the sight of the Sten bowing to him. The white one, who was apparently a priest of some hind, then shouted in his annoyingly high voice, "Forgive us great and terrible Lord! For we have failed to bring the unity and prosperity you wished to see you ordered us to have upon your return! Please spare us from your terrible wrath, for we serve only you as our lord and master!"

The Doctor was thoroughly confused but if they wanted to think him a god then so be it. Then the Doctor noticed the sack he had been put in, his expression was fell slightly and the priest's eyes widened. "Forgive us my lord. We could not welcome you properly but the instructions you left said to wrap you in our finest cloths. We did the best we could."

"So you shot me and threw me in a sack!?"

The priest's face was on the floor now and he pleaded, "We didn't know it was you until it was too late! We tried to fix our mistake as much as we could. Please oh please forgive us!"

"I will spare you." the Doctor said calmly yet authoritatively.

"Oh thank you my lord! Your mercy knows no bounds. Please my lord, help us unify our people like you did so long ago. We need more of your secrets to help us rise from the ashes of our fallen empire."

The Doctor didn't know anything about the Stens' gods so he had to improvise, "I have given you all of my gifts. I can however help you unify your species."

"Oh thank you for your assistance my lord. Please impart your wisdom onto us."

"But first! Where are the two that I came here with?"

"We thought that they were sacrifices my lord." The priest said slightly confused, then fear crowded into his face, "We haven't yet though, my lord. Gore! Fetch our lord's servents!" One of the guards creeped away slowly, never looking at the Doctor and darted away to the tent Lecture and Tender were supposed to be in.

Tender walked up to the Doctor's side and whispered in a voice so low that it was nearly impossible for even herself to here, "We're right here. Lecture made us invisible."

The Doctor straitened his collar a little and grunted, "Just as I suspected."

The priest looked up slightly confused and afraid of his lord's outburst. Then the two companions that his lord had traveled with appeared out of thin air. The priest was terrified as the Doctor spoke, "You can't contain my chosen companions."

The priest began another set of apologies and the Doctor simply waved his hoof. A hot pink Sten walked into the tent and glared at the priest looking like he was going to run the poor guy through, "You foolish idiot! You stuffed our Lord and Master into a sack."

The priest was hunched down, "Need I remind you that it was your fighters who shot him and placed him in the sack!"

"Why you little." The hot pink one lifted his hand prepared to smack the priest.

"Why did you fail me?" The Doctor asked hoping to stop the unnecessary beating.

The hot pink was stunned by the words of who he believed was his god, "There was a war." he said, "The Unified government you created collapsed and split into seven waring factions. Eventually the only victor was the wasteland. Now there are more then eighty tribes fight and steel from each other. But now you've returned and you can help us unify like you did so many years ago."

"Well then, you will call a gathering of all the chieftains you can. We shall hold a conference where I shall give you a draft of my new rules of leading." the Doctor said and the hot pink one left without question.

The priest walked out backwards, still bowing and praising the Doctor. As soon as he left the Doctor turned towards his companions who quickly began to batter him with questions.

"What happened?"

"Why do you think that you're a god."

"How long were we unconscious?"

"What are you planning?"

"When were you here before?"

"Where's the TARDIS?"

"Why are you going along with this."

The Doctor held up his hooves to stop their questions and answered as quickly as he could, "We were kidnapped, I don't know why, at least an hour, to give them some form of unified government to rebuild upon, never, and they clearly need help."


They had to wait a whole week for the leaders of the nearby tribes to gather. During that time The Doctor had insisted that they tell him their history, claiming, "I only want to see what you've got wrong".

The Leaders gathered around a large fire pit with the Doctor and his TARDIS siting where the fire was supposed to be. Every eye was on him as they waited for him to talk.

He had memorized the speech he was going to give so well that he could say the hole thing backwards, if he wanted to, "Years ago, I came to you and chose to give you the knowledge you needed to thrive! But you couldn't handle it!" Some of the gathered tribal leaders flinched at his ferocity. "And so this time I've decided to take my time with you." He pulled out a white marble slab form one of his coat pockets, "These are my laws!" He set the tablet on the ground so it stood up with the writing facing his audience."If you can fallow them and use them as a foundation for your society then I shall allow you regain the knowledge you've lost!" He then pulled out a small silk sack, "And these are my gift to you, With these you will no longer need to rely on hunting."

He swiftly turned around and walked into his TARDIS. As it began to fade away from existence the encampments priest walked over to the marble slab and read the laws and held up the seeds

Some of the younger leaders didn't understand what the seeds were, but the older ones smiled in remembrance of the old life they had before their war. In time they new laws and the gift would allow them to rebuild. Their faith had been tested and their Lord and Master had saved them.

Author's Note:

Shot one this time, just something to get you wondering who else would match the discription of the Sten God.