• Published 6th Oct 2014
  • 2,049 Views, 79 Comments

The Misadventures of the Renegades - reading is magic



Explore Equestria with Frost Bite the changeling and Sing Song the breezie as they brave out and walk out into the world! Probably causing trouble.

  • ...
5
 79
 2,049

Words from the Author (Trivias and Acknowledgements)

The end. It's over. Wow.

The Misadventure of the Renegades started with a simple thought: I want to write comedy. My idea was to focus shenanigans around a changeling and a breezie, something I thought was never done in FimFiction(but to my dismay, there already are fics like that and more popular too). Initially, the story was supposed to follow the current flow of episodes airing, turning it into a continuous story and possibly endless due to MLP not ending. But alas, I couldn't really write chapters fast, and back then I could only do one chapter per month. Considering I only thought of doing three thousand words minimum, I was slow.

Here's a bunch of Renegades trivia:

  1. There were a lot of scrapped chapters, most of which I've already lost due to reformatting of my laptops I've worked on.

    • The first lost chapter was the Renegades meeting with Zecora and messing around with Poison Jokes, and that chapter was something I don't really wanna remember because of Poison Joke's effect on Frost Bite.
    • Another lost chapter about the Renegades was meeting with Doctor Whooves and have an adventure through time and space. Another lost chapter dealt with the child of the moon, and it was an ambitious story arc but I've never really gotten around it.
    • There is a pair of chapters that I still have but incomplete; it deals with the Renegades going to Manehatten and meeting a new Mare Do Well who protects the city from crime.
  2. I'll let you all guys in a secret; Frost Bite's design wasn't really his back then. The blue pony with white mane you see today was a gender-bend of my OC Book Worm(the blue dude you see in my profile).
  3. Another secret is that Sing Song's design wasn't even made until I made the cover. I feel ridiculous not even attempting to make Sing Song's look back then.
  4. I made Mango Jill, thinking that there was no mango ponies to be seen around the fandom(which, surprise, there is actually a popular one and a sexy one at that). Her full name is MangoJill Ann Sullivarez. Before even Renegades, I've already assumed Mango Jill's personality which is seen in the story. Her twin Mango Jane was only made when I wrote the chapter in Crystal Empire. I made them twins 'cause I'm lazy and can't be bothered to create another mango pony design. Sue me.
  5. Not really a secret, but Champagne Barrels is one of my mascots of my FimFiction page and makes her first fiction appearance in this story. Champagne is my first ever OC I made a picture for. The secret with her is that she's actually made with General Zoi's Pony Creator. You can even make her there now, if you click the link.
  6. Ombré is an OC, but was inspired from my very first MLP roleplays I've ever done, in Omegle too. I used an OC named Jack who was a mare without her cutie mark(potential story right there) and that roleplay took hours and I really had a blast, but the other stranger disconnected all of a sudden. The Ombré from the roleplay wasn't a bat pony, and I'm having a hard time remembering the details since I've lost the chat log, but I would never forget his name. Ombré is an homage to that person. If you're there, Ombré, thank you for giving me a great roleplay experience.
  7. I never really gave thought to Nightingale when I first typed her name in her first chapter, and worse, I never thought of her as a 'her'. When I decided she's a she, I made it a point that I would make her gorgeous. Her mane and tail took time than most of my other OCs. I also realized that her mane reminded me of Maki from Love Live and it was too late when I realized that. I didn't intend to create anime hair, but there you go.
  8. I also noticed Princess Luna had changed with her recent appearances, unlike her appearance in season two from Nightmare Night, which kind of saddens me.

I can't believe this took *checks fic's date stamp* almost three years to finish! If there is an ending song for this story, it would be Not Afraid by Francis Vace and Cherax Destructor.

I'd like to thank my brother for being my first proofreader with this fiction. Without him, I would've sounded like a moron with those glaring grammar mistakes and spellings such as 'pruncess'. I would like to also personally thank you all for reading my story and making it to this chapter. I actually laughed when I came up with the jokes and scenarios so it makes me happy that people actually like what I've done for this fiction.

Would the Renegades return? Absolutely, but I don't know when.

Thanks for reading, peeps! This was a fun fiction, and I hope you'll read my future works as well.