• Published 27th Sep 2014
  • 344 Views, 11 Comments

Quill's Journal (a.k.a. The journey to the center of Equestria) - Waterwitch222



When a threat befalls Equestria, it'll be up to three unlikely heros to save the day.

  • ...
 11
 344

Chapter 22: Proven

---------------------------------------------
The four ponies screamed for a moment, but they subsided when they found themselves in a starry void.

"Where are we?"

Quill wondered aloud, her hooves feeling around for any textures. Time Turner stood close to his blind brother and looked around, half expecting somepony (or something) to attack them. Firecracker simply sat down and smiled. She knew where they were, and the pony that brought them here.

As if to emphasize her thoughts, Wisteria the Wise stepped in out of nowhere, giving the 4 ponies quite a fright.

"For the love of the two sisters Wisteria! Quit doing that!"

Turner said, Ash nodding in agreement. Quill sighed.

"Is there something else about the quest that we need to know about?"

she asked. Wisteria shook her head.

"No, on the contrary, I've come to congratulate you."

Wisteria said, a warm smile on her face.

Firecracker raised an eyebrow.

"Congratulate us? What for?"

she asked. Wisteria gave a light laugh.

"You've all fought the obstacles you all had inside, meaning that you are now ready to stop Chrysalis."

Wisteria said. A confused look crossed everypony's face.

"Obstacles? What do you mean by obstacles?"

Ash Brush asked. Wisteria sighed.

"Allow me to show you all a little reminder."

With that, her horn began to glow green as more white light engulfed the ponies. When they opened their eyes, They saw an elderly version of Wisteria walking over to the tree of harmony. Firecracker raised an eyebrow.

"Wait, mom? If ya've already died, then how are we still talking to ya?"

Firecracker asked, putting weird looks on Turner and Quill as Ash tried to explain. Wisteria smiled.

"I may have died physically because of old age, but because the princesses knew that my abilities could be helpful some day, they allowed me to live on as a representative if the etherial plain."

Wisteria answered. Firecracker raised an eyebrow.

"So... My mom's a ghost?"

she wondered out loud.

Wisteria huffed in annoyance.

"I prefer the term, Etherial Rogue, now pay attention, all of you, this is important."

she said, gesturing toward the scene before them. The older Wisteria had pressed her ear to the trunk of the tree of harmony and the ponies could hear what she was hearing.

"1003 years from now, the amulet will be rediscovered by a tribe who changes shape. It will be used for evil purposes and the changing tribe will rule Equestria from then on. However, your guidence will assist the heros of three, each with one wish. One to prove herself, another to redeem himself, and one to complete herself. Each will do so during their quest, but only if they let their hearts lead the way."

When the last words were spoken, they were brought back to the starry void. Wisteria looked at the confused faces in amusement"All three of you demonstrated a change during this quest."

she said, motioning toward Quill.

"Quill, before this quest began, you were a pony that thought herself useless and didn't believe you'd help much during the quest, but now you've proved yourself to be a skilled explorer, a positive thinker, and most of all, a friend when your comrades needed you most. You've been able to PROVE yourself, just as the prophesy said."

Wisteria explained, earning a gasp from Quill.

Wisteria turned to Turner.

"Time Turner, ever since Ash Brush had disappeared, you thought you'd failed him and your parents and had run away to think of a way to set things right, with no avail. But, throughout this quest, you were a leader and a navigator. You were able to finally set your true feelings free and you were able to keep those you traveled with safe. You even managed to find your brother again. I believe that you've managed to REDEEM yourself, just as the prophesy stated."

Wisteria continued, causing Turner to tear up as Ash hugged him.

Wisteria then turned to Firecracker.

"And Firecracker. Before now, you didn't know where you came from or who you were supposed to be, so you tried to make up for it by giving Ash Brush what you didn't believe you possessed. Love. But, during this quest, you were able to discover more about yourself and those around you. You found out about where you came from, who your family is, and what you're capable of, making you stronger in the process. You've been able to COMPLETE yourself as the prophesy said you would."

Wisteria said, as Firecracker beamed with pride.

Ash unwrapped his arms from his brother and raised an eyebrow.

"Then, what happens now?"

he asked. Wisteria smiled.

"Now that they've fulfilled a part of the prophesy, they're ready to face the other part. Chrysalis. She is already aware of the amulet's location and is already putting her plan into motion. Are you ready to face her, get the amulet, and save Equestria my little ponies?"

As Quill turned to her comrades, she saw right away that Wisteria was right. Her friends had changed so much since this mission began, just as she did. She also knew right then that all the dangers and obstacles they'd faced wasn't just preparing them for their confrontation against Chrysalis, or even to save Ash Brush, but it was preparing them for the obstacles to come later on in life. The obstacles that they'll be able to face together. If they could face this, they could face everything.The four ponies nodded and faced Wisteria.

"We're ready."

---------------------------------------------