• Published 20th Sep 2014
  • 1,182 Views, 10 Comments

Equestria Wars Episode VII: The Return of Revan - sonicdash123



An old Crystal Knight from a thousand years has returned and he now seeks revenge on Discord. Charming Thunder must protect Twilight and his daughter, Light Sparkle, from his wrath.

  • ...
22
 10
 1,182

Chapter 7: Face to Face

Fighters flew out of the star destroyers and began their attack on the approaching cruiser heading their way. Octavia observed the attack as she commanded the engineers to get in range to attack. "Get on the side of that ship and prepare for attack," she shouted. The engineers operated the controls and plotted their course.

---------------------

Charming Thunder approached the center of the inside of the volcano where he saw Regal sitting meditating without his mask on. "That HK unit you destroyed," he began. "He waited loyally for years. I can rebuild him, but it won't be the same." He then got up and turned to face Charming Thunder. "Can't you see you are on the wrong side. Discord is death. For you. For me. For Equestria."

"Discord has turned into a new leaf and is using his magic for good," Charming Thunder said. "You can't just kill him for nothing."

"I am doing that to save lives not for glory. As a young knight, I went to war. I accepted violence and before I was left for dead, Discord founded me and gave me power I couldn't imagine. He made me a dark warrior then named me Revan. I killed for him. I turned on Equestria. But I have found redemption."

"How are you alive from a thousand years then?"

"I nearly destroyed Equestria, and that nearly destroyed me. When the Crystal Knights returned me to the light, the Old Lunar Republic which was lead by Nightmare Moon came. Celestia and I went to the castle and tried to confront her. When I was about to strike her down, Celestia stopped me and used her magic to lock me up in Tartarus. Then memories of my past came back. So I plotted for years along with Tirek to have my revenge on Discord."

"And you sent Malgus to do your work when Tirek revealed himself to Equestria."

"You are correct. All those years in that prison. I can feel Discord's power calling out my connection to magic. But I was in his mind too fighting him. Only I understand both the light and dark. And Discord's death will be my responsibility." Regal then levitated his mask and placed it on his face. He then grabbed his bracelet and placed it on his hoof and the purple crystal covered his hoof forming a blade.

"We both know that we don't have to do this."

"Think what you want, son of Sombra. It will not help. I have saved Equestria twice before. I fought griffons and servants of the Lunar Republic. You won't stop me." Charming Thunder activated his lightsaber as Regal leapt in the air to strike first. The red unicorn then blocked the strikes as they moved in the volcano. Charming Thunder then kicked Regal in the face and leapt up to a platform. Regal followed him as the duel continued. Charming Thunder then charged at him and tackled him to the ground. Regal then grabbed Charming Thunder's neck and started to lift him off the ground. As he was about to make the final blow, Charming Thunder's eyes began to glow purple and magic blasted into his opponent. They both impact on a wall far away from each other.

---------------------

The Super Star Destroyer approached the cruiser and began to open fire like a pirate ship battle. The hull on the cruiser took tons of damage as the destroyers cannons destroyed the bridge. The ship then began to fly downwards and crashed into lava and began to sink along with the crew inside it. The engineers inside the destroyer cheered for joy as Octavia gazed at the volcano. She then turned to an officer and said, "Inform the troops on the ground to find Charming Thunder." The officer then saluted and rushed out of the room.

---------------------

Regal got up to see Charming Thunder unconscious. He began to approach the downed unicorn as he said, "I see that you have learned that ritual to gain strength. Who's spirit did you take?" He then stopped in front of Charming Thunder as he groaned and struggled to get up. "It doesn't matter anymore. Because now the time has come to end this suffering....forever." As Regal was about to make his final blow, a tail of a dragoneques wrapped his hoof and pulled him away. "YOU!!!"

"Yes me," Discord said. "Who did you expect?"

"I should've known that you would risk your life to save this unicorn. Just as I will soon confront the princesses once I'm through with you. But for now, I'm going to do what I should've done when I first met you." Regal began to charge at Discord and as the draconeques was about to snap his fingers, he was tackled and hung on the edge of the platform holding Regal by his crystal blade. Charming Thunder got up to notice Discord in trouble and rushed to grab his paw hand. Regal then leaned back and forth to grab the ledge as Charming Thunder tried to lift him up from the edge.

"Hang on, Discord," Charming Thunder said as he used his strength to lift him up. He then noticed Regal who successfully climbed up and laughed menacingly as he raised his arm.

"And he shall smite the wicked and plung them into the fiery pit." Purple aura surrounded Charming Thunder as the spirit of Sombra roared at him. He then flew at Regal as he moved back and slipped off the edge. He then fell down into a pit of lava as Charming Thunder successfully lifted Discord up.

"Now we're even. You saved my life now I save yours."

"You were suppose to stay with Fluttershy," Charming Thunder said as troops approached him.

"Sir, I see that you...had things under control," the soldier said. "Where's Regal?"

"Dead. He fell into the pit of lava." Charming Thunder looked down to see Regal's damaged mask he wore during the duel. "Lets get out of here." The group then walked out of the volcano to a transport to go back to the Super Star Destroyer.