• Published 20th Sep 2014
  • 1,183 Views, 10 Comments

Equestria Wars Episode VII: The Return of Revan - sonicdash123



An old Crystal Knight from a thousand years has returned and he now seeks revenge on Discord. Charming Thunder must protect Twilight and his daughter, Light Sparkle, from his wrath.

  • ...
22
 10
 1,183

Chapter 2: The Trial of Becoming a Revanite

Charming Thunder landed his interceptor next to the entrance to the camp in the Everfree forest and opened the cockpit. R4 stayed in the ship as he walked towards the gatekeeper at the camp entrance. "Did you loose your way on your flight?" the gatekeeper asked. "You have my sympathies but we can't help. We have no food or water to offer you. Strangers are not welcome here."

"I'm actualy here to join the Order of Revan," Charming Thunder said as he levitated out the medallion out of his saddle bag and gave it to him.

"Ah. You do have the token. You must've been destined to come here. Welcome to the Order of Revan, my friend."

"Why are you guys here? Isn't it dangerous to camp in a scary forest?"

"We are not afraid of anything that is in this forest and I can assure you that we are safe. This haven was built for us to leave the Equestrian Empire behind and learn about Revan, a stallion who was both a Crystal Knight and a servant of darkness."

"What do you mean by servant of darkness?"

"Discord, the lord of chaos corrupted him a thousand years ago. As a knight, he has slain armies of the Old Lunar Republic and griffins. He was eventually destroyed but he was reborn instead."

"I fear that this cult is not about learning."

"We seek to walk the same path as he did."

"Where do I start?"

"You'll find teachers around in this camp. Those who spent their live learning about the works of Revan. Speak to one and complete the task given to you. When you are done, return to me and you'll become an official Revanite." Charming Thunder nodded and walked past the gatekeeper. There was a camp fire in the middle of the tent as some ponies walked around and talking to other members.

"Psst," a voice said. "Come here." Charming Thunder walked up to a dark blue mare with purple eyes. "You seek a teacher to teach you the ways of Revan, yes?"

"That is right," Charming Thunder said.

"Then you came to the right mare. Look what's behind me." Charming Thunder then got a glimpse of a mask that was similar to the one he found but something was different about it. There was a crack on the left of the mask that goes up to the visor. "That is the mask I found at the Castle of the Two Sisters before the Equestrian Empire took it as a base of operations. But did you know that Revan had a second one?"

"No. I didn't."

"The second mask was hidden in the Crystal Knight Temple before it was rebuilt. Along with it was a holocron with his knowledge."

"And let me guess, you seek that holocron to learn about him."

"You have read my mind."

"I know where it is now since I visited the place."

"Then consider this a Trial of Knowledge. Once you have the holocron, bring it to me and all of us Revanites will here his words of wisdom." Charming Thunder walked back to his ship and plotted a course to Twilight's castle.

---------------------

Charming Thunder landed his interceptor in the hangar and walked to the door. He then approached his room and entered it without anyone noticing. He looked both ways in the hall to see if anyone was here and walked up to a glass case with the cube shaped holocron. He removed the glass case and puts the holocron in his saddlebag. He then heard voices of Rarity and Spike approaching and hid at the edge of the door. As the two walked past the room, Charming Thunder carefully snuck his way back to his ship and jumped into the cockpit of his interceptor. He then flew the interceptor back to the Everfree forest to deliver the holocron.

---------------------

Charming Thunder walked up to the mare as she said, "Did you get it? Did you find the holocron?" He then levitated the holocron out of his saddlebag and gave it to her. "Excellent. I'll gather everyone at once. Meet us at the campfire and we shall soon hear the voice of Revan."

A few minutes later, every member of the order gathered around the campfire as the mare placed the holocron on the ground. "Everypony focus with your mind and the secrets shall be revealed," the mare said. Everyone including Charming Thunder closed their eyes as the holocron began to glow with blue light. Everyone then opened their eyes and the figure appeared above the holocron.

"I was once a pawn to the dark side and I was a slayer of armies during a war against the Old Lunar Republic," the figure said. "If Discord ever returned to the good side, he could never be trusted and he would soon destroy us all. Master Star Swirl had a vision of a new hope for Equestria if Sombra ever returned." The figure faded away and the holocron's color faded away. Everyone around the campfire continued to their business with smiles on their faces as the mare approached Charming Thunder.

"You have done well," she said. "Since you were the one who found it and passed your trial, you can keep the holocron." She then gave him the holocron and he used his magic to place it back in his saddlebag.

"Thank you," Charming Thunder said. "So...what happens now?"

"Return to the gatekeeper and you will become an official member of the Revanites." Charming Thunder nodded and began to walk to the gatekeeper as he thought to himself about who the leader is.

"You have prove yourself worthy to join our cause and I am very grateful to have another member," the gatekeeper said. "Welcome to the Order of Revan."

"I thank you, my friend," Charming Thunder said.

"If you have any questions you can feel free to ask."

"Only one; who is the leader of this cult?"

The gatekeeper looked down in shame as he said, "Our leader...was taken as she was on her journeys to learn more about Revan."

"What was she looking for?"

"She was trying to sneak into the temple to find the holocron you brought here and the second mask. Even though the mask looked the same as the one we have but it didn't matter anyway."

"Thank you for having me here. I will make sure that your cult remains a secret."

"Then good luck on your journey to learn more in secret." Charming Thunder waved goodbye to him as en entered his interceptor and plotted a course back to Canterlot to make a full report. The gatekeeper then walked to the tent and entered to meet a hooded pony wearing armor.

The figure turned to face him and asked, "Does he know?"

"No. He doesn't know that you are alive."

"Good. Prepare to move. It is time that I reveal myself to the princesses." The gatekeeper bowed and left the tent.