• Published 20th Sep 2014
  • 1,182 Views, 10 Comments

Equestria Wars Episode VII: The Return of Revan - sonicdash123



An old Crystal Knight from a thousand years has returned and he now seeks revenge on Discord. Charming Thunder must protect Twilight and his daughter, Light Sparkle, from his wrath.

  • ...
22
 10
 1,182

Chapter 1: The Plan of Investigation

Charming Thunder and Twilight looked over the cradle of their new baby girl as she fell asleep. The filly had a mane similar to her mother's and her coat is darker than her mother's. "Beautiful isn't she?" Charming Thunder asked.

"Yeah," Twilight replied. "Light looks a lot like me. Did you ever notice?"

"She does have my eyes but its close enough. I bet that she will soon become a great princess like you." Twilight blushed and gave him a kiss on the cheek. Princess Cadence entered the room and placed a hoof on her brother's shoulder.

"Its time," Cadence said. Charming Thunder and turned to Twilight then back at the filly.

"Are you sure Spike and the others can take care of her?"

"Of course. Pinkie takes care of the cake twins. I'm sure that it won't be a problem for them to handle. Right, dear?"

"Right." Twilight and Charming Thunder followed Cadence to the shuttle that waits for them so that they can travel to Canterlot to visit Celestia.

---------------------

The shuttle landed on a platform next to the castle as the passengers began to disembark on it. Charming Thunder and the two princesses entered the castle and as they proceeded through the halls, Charming Thunder remembered what his father said about his destiny and regained his focus on the main topic. The doors of the room the trio were heading opened to reveal Princess Celestia and Luna along with the duke and duchess of Maretonia, the king of the griffins that Charming Thunder rescued, and a delegate of Saddle Arabia seated at the round table. "Glad that you came," Celestia said as Charming Thunder, Twilight, and Cadence sat down on their separate chairs.

"Charming Thunder, allow me to introduce you to the duke and duchess of Maretonia; Ice Mirror and Kyrippos II," Luna started.

"A pleasure to meet the son of the king," Ice Mirror said

"And a delegate from Saddle Arabia; Amira."

"Likewise," Amira said.

"Now for the reason why we have gathered here," Celestia said. "There is a cult called the Revanites. We need to know what they are and whether we need to stop them or not. Some griffons, dragons, even ponies are members of the order. Our only goal is their leader."

"What are you suggesting?" Twilight asked.

"Somepony must go to their and learn about the Order of Revan but it won't be easy. I heard that they allow you to join if you present this medallion." Princess Celestia levitated the medallion and placed it on the table.

"Can you pass it to me?" Charming Thunder asked. Celestia levitated the medallion over to him and Charming Thunder got a closer look at it. Its logo was similar to the mask he found at the Crystal Knight temple. "Where did you get this?"

"I found it from this mare I had to throw in the dungeon. I...persuaded her to tell me what the medallion is." He thought for a moment as the discussion continued.

"Why can't we let a squad just breach their camp and find any important evidence of anything suspicious?" the griffin king suggested.

"But there is only one medallion here," Amira said. "Somepony with mystical knowledge has to--"

"I'll go," Charming Thunder said.

"Are you sure about this, Charming?" Luna asked.

"It could be dangerous for whatever task they send you to prove yourself worthy to meet their leader," Celestia said.

"There is something familiar about the logo on this medallion and I intend to find out what it represents," Charming Thunder said as he stood up.

"Very well. You will go to their camp and show them the medallion. After you find the identity of their leader, report back to Canterlot and we will figure out what to do then."

"I understand. But where exactly is their camp?"

"Last I heard, they are in the Everfree forest," Luna said.

"We will resume this meeting when my nephew returns." Everyone nodded and stood up from their seats and left the room. Everyone except Charming Thunder who walked up to Celestia.

"Can I talk to you about something before I leave to my mission?"

"Of course." Charming Thunder and Princess Celestia entered a room where it is private.

"Its about my father. He...came to me on Nightmare Night a couple months ago and told me something. He said that when my days have come to an end, I shall become a king. I just don't know if I am ready to take a duty as that title."

"I'm sure you'll be fine if you ever become a great king, nephew. Now go and complete the mission you are given and good luck." Charming Thunder nodded and ran out of the room in a hurry to attend to his ship and head to the hidden camp. Celestia however stayed in the room and walked to the balcony to view the kingdom.

Celestia then closed her eyes and said as she was talking to Sombra, "Are you sure he is ready." The ghost of Sombra then appeared right beside her and turned to face her.

"I'm sure of it," Sombra said. "He has something that I didn't have."

"But what of Twilight and their daughter?"

"They will rule right beside him. I have foreseen it."

"Thank you, my old friend. For looking out for him in spirit. Even in death, you are a guide to the Order of the Crystal Knights." The ghost bowed to the princess and then faded away as Celestia watched Charming Thunder's interceptor flew away from Canterlot to the direction where the Everfree forest is.