• Published 20th Sep 2014
  • 1,183 Views, 10 Comments

Equestria Wars Episode VII: The Return of Revan - sonicdash123



An old Crystal Knight from a thousand years has returned and he now seeks revenge on Discord. Charming Thunder must protect Twilight and his daughter, Light Sparkle, from his wrath.

  • ...
22
 10
 1,183

Chapter 4: Discord's Arrest

Charming Thunder sat on his chair in his tower as he looked out of the window. He was thinking about what happened earlier at Canterlot. Twilight came in from the elevator as Charming Thunder sat and watched out the window as a squadron of TIE Fighters flew past the window. He then turned his chair and sat up as Twilight approached. "I know that Regal is bothering you," Twilight said. "You haven't said a word ever since our trip back."

"I know, dear," Charming Thunder replied not looking at Twilight. "I just wonder how he is still alive after a thousand years and that Discord was not responsible for it."

"Discord is out of the picture. Regal knows who you are now. Ask the council to protect Discord in case Regal comes for him."

"Don't ask me to do that. Even if I don't, innocent lives will be at risk here. That is why the empire is tracking that stolen ship."

Twilight walked up next to him and said as she nudged him, "What matters is that nopony got hurt." She then placed her head on Charming Thunder's chest and wrapped a hoof around him. "Hold me. Like you did at our wedding." Charming Thunder then smiled and cuddled with his alicorn wife.

---------------------

Charming Thunder sat in the library reading a Daring Do book to clear his head. He then heard Discord's voice in his head as the voice said, "You do know, don't you, if Regal destroys me, any chance of saving Equestria will be lost." He then shook his head and took a breath. He bookmarked his book and walked to the window next to him. He glanced to the direction where Fluttershy's cottage is and wondered about Discord. His eyes then widened and ran out of the room to the room where he had his speeder bike. He flipped some switches on it as the doors opened and the engines roared to life. He swooped out of the room and headed to the direction where Fluttershy lives.

---------------------

Discord and Fluttershy were having tea in the cottage as a robbed pony entered the cottage unexpectedly. Discord noticed the stallion and said, "You do know that it is rude to enter without knocking. I must say that you are here sooner than expected."

The stallion grabbed his lightsaber as he said, "In the name of Equestria and the Crystal Knights, you are under arrest." He then activated his purple blade as Discord got up.

"Are you threatening me, young knight?"

"The council will decide your fate." Discord snapped his finger and a lightsaber appeared in his hand.

"Fluttershy dear, you might not want to see this." He then activated his lightsaber and teleported behind him. The stallion blocked his incoming strike as the duel began. The fight then took outside as the strikes scared off some animals. They then clashed their blades as Discord used his strength to break it.

Charming Thunder rode his speeder through the Everfree forest and noticed the Crystal Knight and Discrord dueling. He got off his speeder and rushed to the action. The knight then kicked Discord on the face which caused the dragoneques to drop his lightsaber in the lake and collapse backwards. Charming Thunder arrived as the knight pointed his lightsaber at the downed Discored. "You are under arrest, Discord," he said until he noticed Charming Thunder approach.

"Who authorized you to arrest him?" Charming Thunder asked. Futtershy peeped her head out of the cottage to see what's going on.

"The council only wants him alive."

"You do realize that you need Celestia's authorization to allow this."

"Celestia is the only alicorn that fully trusts him even that yellow Pegasus friend of yours. But now he leaves me no choice. I am going to end this once and for all."

"You can't. Celestia won't allow it."

"He is responsible for Regal Crescent's return. He is too dangerous to be left alive."

"It is not right. He must live." The knight glanced at Discord as he cowered in fear.

"Please don't," Discord said.

"I need him." The knight ignored him as he raised his lightsaber in the air preparing to strike.

"NO!!" Charming Thunder shouted as he activated his lightsaber and chopped the knight's hoof holding the lightsaber. The knight then screamed in pain as Disord then shot out lightning from his fingertips and pushed him far away from the cottage.

"What have I done!!" Charming Thunder sat down on a rock and dropped his deactivated lightsaber as Fluttershy came out of the cottage and placed a hoof on his shoulder.

"You were doing what's right, Charming," Fluttershy said as she comforted him.

---------------------

When Charming Thunder returned to the castle, he used the holo terminal to contact Celestia to tell her what happened. The image of the princess popped up as she said, "What is it, Charming?"

"Were you aware of the Crystal Knights trying to arrest Discord?" Charming Thunder asked.

"No. But that has caught my attention. Tell me everything that happened."

"The knight of the order was sent by the council to arrest him. But when I arrived, they were fighting and I had no choice but to stop him from striking Discord down."

"You did the right thing, nephew. I will have to talk to the council about the situation and try to tell them not to arrest Discord."

"Thank you, auntie." The holo figure faded away as Charming Thunder sat down on his rotatable chair and sighed with relief.