• Published 13th Oct 2014
  • 951 Views, 27 Comments

Revelations BOOK 1: A Night To Remember - Pipsqueak - VGI



Pipsqueak spends time with his favorite princess in a high-society event dedicated to Equestria's gryphon friends.

  • ...
2
 27
 951

Chapter 16: Pipsqueak - Luna The Filly

Chapter 16: Pipsqueak

Luna The Filly

“Pipsqueak?”

“Yes, Luna?”

“♪ Nightmare Night! ♪ What a fright! ♪ Give me something sweet to bite! ♪”

Luna sings as she smiles so close to me. Our muzzles are almost touching. Her breath is in my mouth.

“Sorry...I...I don't have...”

She backs away playfully. Why is she acting like this? Does she want to play?

“...any candy,” I said.

“*giggle!*” She laughs again.

This is making me so happy! Princess Luna is a filly! A foal, same age as me! She flies off.

“Luna! Don't leave me here!” I run after her. Funny, I am running up into the air, to where she is flying to!

“Woohoo! I'm running on air!”

“Haha! Catch me, Sir Pip!” Luna taunts me. “If you can!”

Aw, so she wants to play, huh? Tag, is it? Bring it!

“I'm going to catch you!” I shout at her.

“In your dreams!” she says.

“Luckily, we are in a dream! So I will catch you!” Right back at 'cha!

The shadowy fog becomes more colorful, with bright, colorful musical lights popping up all over.

She dives straight down. I run after her.

SPLASH!

What the? We're in water? But, I can breath – oh right! A dream. I'm sharing a dream, with Luna.

The bubbles surge upwards, revealing that Luna was in front of me all along. She's looking at me straight in the eyes. I smile at her with a toothy grin. This is so awkward.

Is this how Princess Cadance felt during that dance?

I can hear her voice through those colorful lights, like an echo. She's not opening her mouth.

“Pipsqueak?”

“Yes, Luna?”

“Give me something sweet.”

“Huh? Well, I, uh?”


Wait, are we in Ponyville? Ponyville right after sunset? Hah!

“Hey, Piiiip, over heeere!”

I turn quickly to where the voice is coming from, and I barely see her around the corner. Nice try, Luna, but I saw you!

Turning the corner, she isn't there.

“Over here!” Oh, she's good. I run over there, but find no Luna.

“No, over here, Pip!”

“No, here!”

“Here!”

Whoa! There must be a hundred Lunas. They all go in different houses, giggling. She's not playing fairly! I run as fast as I can, running inside one house after another, only to find her giggling outside. And when I get outside, I find her just in time to see her run into another house. Funny, no other pony is here.

Fine then. This is quickly becoming tedious, but I just love to hear her giggle. Finally, she goes into the Golden Oak Library. I open the door, and there she is, hovering underneath...that is supposed to be a sun that looks like Celestia's cutie mark on the ceiling. But it’s a moon that looks like Luna's cutie mark instead.

She's looking at me straight in the eyes. What a mesmerizing sight. Then, she looks up and flies through the ceiling.

“Luna, wait!” I jump up right after her.


I open my eyes and feel like I am swaying. Where are we? *Gasp!* This is the foyer!

Luna's in my hooves? Are we dancing?

“Yes, we are, Pip.”

!!!

“Relax, Pip, my Pip.”

“Luna?”

“Hushhh...”

I...uh...hush, yes. Didn't know you could get drowsy in your own dream...colorful lights all around us. Just me, and Luna...dancing.

The foyer disappears and we stop. I look at her, straight into her eyes...they’re deep and dark and mysterious, like looking into the night....looking into the night...

The night in her eyes spreads around us, and we are now lying down on our sides, face to face, on something soft.

It is as dark as the dead of night, by moonlight.

“Now where are we?” I ask.

“Why, we are in my room, silly, in the castle.”

“Oh, so we're still in Canterlot, then?” I say as I sit up, looking around her room.

She sits up right in front of me and shakes her head.

Those eyes again, looking straight into mine.

Pipsqueak?

Yes, Luna?

“♪Nightmare Night...”

“♪...what a fright...” we sing together, saying each word slowly.

“♪Give me something sweet...”

“...to bite.♪” I can only hear her voice now.

I...I understand, Luna. She's a filly now, a beautiful filly, same age as me.

I look up; the moon is right above us. Her muzzle is on my chin, going down. Something sharp pierces my neck.

What a pretty moon...





...Turn it off! For Celestia's sake! Turn the CD player off!”