• Published 23rd Apr 2012
  • 1,378 Views, 38 Comments

Equestricle: Coming of Harmony - Sohndann



A group of legends are united by a single destiny-freeing a mysterious island from a dark force.

  • ...
1
 38
 1,378

Twilight, Toa of Magic

Gathered friends, listen again to our legend...of the Equestricle.

In the time before time, the Great Spirit descended from the stars, carrying we, the ones called "Ponytoran" to this paradise. We were separate, and without purpose, so the Great Spirit illuminated us with the three virtues: Friendship, promise and future. We embraced these gifts, and in gratitude, we name our island home Ponyville Nui, in the honor of the Great Spirit.

But our happiness was not to last. the Great Spirit had a sister, known as Marekuta, who was jealous of the honors she had given the Ponytoran and betrayed her. In her anger, she cast a spell over the Great Spirit, who fell into a deep slumber. Marekuta was free to unleash her power on the island. and unleash it she did. Sunlight grew cold, fields withered away, and ancient values were forgotten.

But hope is not lost...Twilight....
--------
A beach. She was lying on a beach. she could tell as sand shifted around her as she got up, stretching both her legs and flexing her arms. Opening her brilliant violet eyes, she was dazzled by the sudden glare of the sun, rising over the clear blue sea, breaking over a rich coral reef, and stretching out to an unbroken horizon. A flock of great bird-like creatures raced past the sun, casting their great shadows over the beach. She shook the remaining sand from her body and looked around in confusion.

Where am I? She thought to herself. Who am I?

Twilight....

The word...possibly a name?...drifted through her mind. The word seemed to fit in her head. It made sense.

"Twilight...my name is Twilight."

That decided it for now. As for her other questions, there she was at a disadvantage, until she saw something that raised even more questions in her mind.

A silver object, perfectly cylindrical, lay on one side of the beach, a large bird sitting atop it and attempting to peck it, causing the cylinder to emit a clinking sound. Curious, Twilight walked up to it, at which the bird flew away towards an impressively great mountain range, and touched the surface of the object. It was smooth, cold, and slightly wet.

"It must have come from the ocean." Twilight walked around to the front and saw that the front of the cylinder was completely hollow. There was enough space inside to fit someone of her size inside.

"Is this how I got here?" Twilight asked aloud. As she walked up to the cylinder, she felt her foot collide with several objects lying, half-covered, in the sand. Twilight crouched down and picked two of the pieces up and tried to put them together. They connected into a long blade that fit well in her hand, but when she swung the sword, it felt heavy and awkward.

"Well then, I can see that this isn't going to work for me." Twilight laid the sword gently down on the sand and looking at the canister again. Something...she didn't know what...made her look down towards the base of the cylinder, and a pair of eyes met her's. A mask, almost circular in shape, was lying in the sand, staring at Twilight with hollow eyes. Sand was falling through the vents on the face of the mask, and a protusion, not unlike a horn, spiraled out of the top of the mask. What was even stranger was the decoration on the mask-a red, six pointed star, overlapping a similar white star, and surrounded by five smaller stars.

"Here goes nothing, I suppose." Twilight picked the mask out of the sand, and lifted it to her face. The mask slid comfortably on, and Twilight felt a surge of energy flow through her body. She bent down and picked up the sword again, only this time, the blade was pulsing with a purple aura. Even though Twilight was holding it at arm's length, she could still feel the power emanating from it. As an experiment, she waved the sword over her head. Purple sparks flew from the sword and hit the sand.

"Yes! Now we're getting somewhere!" Twilight shouted with glee. But was she really? She let the sword fall to her side as she was overtaken by a strange feeling. A feeling that this sword, this body, even this island, weren't meant to exist. It was as though the whole world around her was the cause of the strange feeling, and she wanted it to go away. The feeling stopped, but was replaced by a dark thought. A figure, shrouded in darkness, a pair of monstrous blue eyes, and a voice filled with contempt and hatred. And Twilight didn't-couldn't-remember who this figure was. And it made her panic. She dropped the sword, which sent sparks flying all over when it hit the ground. and tried to calm herself down by breathing deeply. In time, her hands stopped shaking and she picked up the sword.

For now, she had to find some answers to the infinite questions she had circling around in her mind, like "where am I?" and "What am I supposed to do here?". She seriously doubted that the island was uninhabited. It seemed huge, so there had to be civilization of some kind somewhere. She had to know. She needed to learn more.

"The knowing will come." Twilight said as she walked along the beach towards the same mountain range that the bird from before had fled to when she had approached it.. "At least, I hope it does."