• Published 23rd Apr 2012
  • 1,378 Views, 38 Comments

Equestricle: Coming of Harmony - Sohndann



A group of legends are united by a single destiny-freeing a mysterious island from a dark force.

  • ...
1
 38
 1,378

Pinkie, Toa of Laughter

“Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeee!” The pink figure shouted as she fell from the top of a tree, and went speeding towards the ground. She nearly touched the ground, but was sent flying back up by the elastic material attached to her leg.

This was the life she loved. Pure, unfiltered fun. It was all she really knew. That and her name; Pinkie. It was a fairly random name. It suited her.

"Pinkie, master of silliness and smiles! That's me!" She said to herself. She admired her mask in a puddle as she fell down again. A bright shade of pink, with a darker pink for the unusually messy top half of the mask. Part of it went down past her left eye. The mask she wore was decorated with picture of three oval-shaped objects, two blue, one yellow.

Almost ever since she had found herself washed up on the shore of this mysterious island, and found her mask, she had just wanted to have fun. Many of the smaller creatures like her she had met didn’t seem to mind. In fact, they had been encouraging her to do just that. And Pinkie loved them for it.

As Pinkie shot upwards, she undid the elastic around her leg in mid-air, so that she flew over the top of the tree, did a backflip, and landed in yet another tree. She breathed out in excitement. “That was fun!” she shouted, and her voice echoed through the small forest area she was in. A couple of birds flew out of the trees and into the sky, forming a triangular formation.

Pinkie grinned to herself, though that grinning stopped when she saw a being, similar to her in design, yet much smaller than her, or so it seemed by this height, sitting underneath a tree, wearing a sad face that showed through her mask. Pinkie stopped grinning and dropped down from the tree and crouched next to the being.

“Hey, what’s the matter?”

The being gazed into Pinkie’s blue eyes with a mixture of both sadness and amazement. “What…are…you?” it asked with a light, yet still hard to make out, voice.

“I’m Pinkie, silly!” Pinkie said, smiling and patting the being on the back. “What’s your name?”

“T-Twitht.” The being stammered, a lisp apparent in its voice.

“Twitht? That’s a funny name.” Pinkie smiled, giggling slightly.

Twist didn’t seem to think so, because she looked even sadder than before. “Y-you’re laughing at me, aren’t you?” she said, apparently on the verge of tears.

“No, no, no! I’m laughing WITH you.” Pinkie said, comforting Twist again.

“Really?” Twist wiped her eyes and smiled hopefully.

“Yeah!” Pinkie said, drawing Twist into a hug. “Now, come on and smile!”

Twist stopped frowning and slowly, very slowly, began smiling, until Pinkie could see a great big grin plastered across the being's face.

“Heh…Twitht ith kind of a funny word, I gueth.” Twist said, giggling slightly.

“I know, right?” Pinkie said, letting go of Twist. “Now then, let’s get you home. Where is home for you, Twitht?”

“There’th a village called Pie-koro a couple of minute’th walk from here. That'th my home” Twist said, pointing to a path on the forest floor. “I’m thure Turaga Puddinghead will want to thee you, Toa Pinkie.” Twist began to walk along the path, with Pinkie following her.

“What’s a Toa, Twitht?” Pinkie asked as they walked. “It sounds like a silly name. I like it.”

“You are a Toa, Pinkie.” Twist said.

Pinkie started to giggle. "Toa Pinkie? That's super-duper silly! I love it!"

And she and Twist kept smiling, laughing and joking until they reached Twist's home village.