• Published 26th Sep 2014
  • 3,903 Views, 78 Comments

A new world, A new horde - TSLsmokey



A horde of Pikachu get sent to Equestria as the result of a god's decision, now it's time to figure out where to go from here... and figure out where everyone wound up. Seriously they got flung all over the world.

  • ...
8
 78
 3,903

Chapter 1

It began like most days for us. I was helping Leader devise a plan for the day. Teacher was giving the young Pichu lessons in berries. Oran, Pecha, and Cheri were getting ready to hunt for berries. And Scout was checking that we didn't have any unfriendly pokemon nearby. We had others but their jobs wouldn't start for a bit. Some had nighttime jobs and others... well others were just really eccentric.

"So we're going to need more berries than usual to prepare for the deep-freeze," Leader said to me halfway through the plan. I nodded in agreement and waited to hear anything I might need to help him revise. "And with the amount of new Pichu we might need to have two teachers instead of just one."

"So one would have the name Mentor and she can keep the name Teacher?" I asked, pointing my yellow paw in the direction of our current Pikachu named Teacher. She glanced over and gave a friendly wave before turning back towards the students. Good thing she did as well. The three Pichu named Larry, Curly and Moe were trying to sneak off the instant she had turned her back on them.

"Well that's what I was thinking. But we would be splitting up the classes so that the older Pichu could move on to more advanced stuff while the new ones could learn basic stuff... Obviously those three would be remaining in basic for a long time." He motioned towards the three Pichu in question.

"Thank Arceus..." I breathed, "So what's next on the agenda?" I asked.

Before Leader could respond we turned towards some rustling bushes on the edge of the nest. Both of us suddenly became quiet as the others started moving away from the bushes. Quickly afterwards another Pikachu burst out panting hard.

"Scout!" Leader called out, "What's the matter?"

Scout was our patrolling Pikachu so to speak. He kept a close eye on the area around the nest and warned us if any danger was coming our way. He also was the fastest among us when it came to moving through trees so we were in good paws there.

"Kangaskhan.... injured baby... electric burns... very mad..." He panted out obviously tired. I felt the blood drain from my face. A ticked off mother was bad enough, even worse that it was a Kangaskhan. I ran over to him to help him catch his breath and Leader turned towards the rest of the nest with an angry glint in his eyes. After a few seconds he set his eyes on a rather unruly group of Pichu who were hiding behind one of the camp's berry trees.

"Alright which one of you decided to play 'zap the baby' to prove your so-called courage?" There was no mistaking the anger in his voice. Even though we Pikachu have a small stature, he was able to make it look intimidating if he so chose. With his paws on his sides and his cheeks looking like they could spark electricity at any second... Heck even his ears and tail looked like they could be electrified when he was mad. I'll admit to wanting to laugh once when I first saw it but he then gave me a good jolt.

The Pichu tried shoving eachother out to make one of them take the blame. I padded over there to examine them.

"Those two... They look like they've been shocked and we're the only species in the forest that can use electricity," I muttered pointing out the two in the back. I kept watching them as Leader went around to the back and grabbed the two I pointed out.

"Right, all of you scatter. We don't want too many Pokemon present. It'll upset Kangaskhan more if it looks like we're ready to attack," he ordered.

I raised one of my ears a little. "I didn't expect you to realize that that quickly."

"Not all Pokemon are as dumb as you think."

"Learn to take a joke."

"Hello pot, meet kettle."

During the exchange the rest of the horde had vanished into the trees where their homes were.

The Kangaskhan burst in roaring in anger, "Who hurt my child!"

"Calm down ma'am," I said motioning with my paws, "We've got the two right here to apologize. I thought we'd taught them we-" I broke off looking at the injured baby. "Hold up... Those don't look like electric injuries."

"What?!" She yelled and I had to quickly grab the two Pichu to make sure they didn't scarper.

I walked closer and looked at the baby. There was a bit of charring on his head but it didn't look like the fine points from electrical shocks. "But then... what caused these if those two didn't? And how did they get their own shocking injuries?"

Lost in thought, I missed the voice that echoed through every Pokemon's head including my own and fell unconscious. Still trying to figure out what could've caused the injury.

"Rest now my children. For when you awake a whole new world shall be your home."


I shot straight up with a chill through my fur coat. It had gotten remarkably cold for still being summer. The wind was gusting and it felt like snow was pelting my coat. That didn't exactly seem right to me. I cracked open one eye to see what was going on and then shot both of them open. I was in the middle of a tundra with no trees around.

I couldn't speak, couldn't think... couldn't even scream in shock. It took all I had to just look around to try to find some familiar surroundings. Nothing. Just cold, barren wastelands... and a yellow form a bit away.

Wait. What?

I got to my feet and ran as fast as I could, slipping in the snow as I did so. When I skidded to a stop I saw who it was, Teacher.

"Hey, wake up... Come on we can't be sleeping out here!" I nudged her, then began trying everything I could to wake her up. With no other pokemon out here to help and, as much as I disliked the idea, no humans either we'd be fending for ourselves and sleeping out in this cold would kill us both.

Despite my prodding she didn't wake up and my worry was increasing by the second. I had to find some help or we would both be dead in a matter of hours, her pulse was steady but her body temperature was decreasing. I started focusing my hearing trying to hear anyone or anypokemon off in the distance. Nothing... My panic started mounting when I heard something peculiar off to my left. It was like there was something blocking the wind a bit there. Could be a snow hill but if it was even a chance of shelter we had to take it.

I lifted Teacher over my back and started hobbling as fast as possible towards the object, grunting under her weight as well. "If we get out of this alive... you are going to cut down on the berries," I mumbled under my breath. As we got closer I was beginning to make out what was blocking the wind. It looked somewhat spherical but the bottom half was cut off. There was also a small little opening carved into the front where the wind wasn't blowing that looked to be about twice our height. With no other option I entered and felt immediate relief from the wind and snow. Whatever this was blocked it very nicely and also held the heat in well.

I sat teacher down next to the wall and sat down next to her. Now that we were safe I could start trying to figure out what happened. But... I was at a loss. There weren't any snowy areas near Vermillion Forest and I didn't think there were any in the whole region. There also should have been at least some Pokemon in the area moving around but... I didn't hear any. Then again the wind could've blocked it out so I was out on that point. Come to think of it, I thought looking around, Who would set up here... and why would they make this thing out of snow? And where is this- Oh... My eyes settled on a snowy staircase in the middle of the dwelling. Whoever built this would probably be down there.

I looked at her quickly and made up my mind. I stood up shakily and picked her up again. I struggled with her over to the stairs and looked down to see how far they went. With a deep breath I put a step on the icy steps and... instantly slipped.

When I finally came to a rest at the bottom of the stairs, in quite a bit of pain I might add, I picked my head up and saw probably the strangest stuff. At the bottom there was this large opening. Like a cave but... more smooth I think. Scattered all through it were tables, chairs, strange objects filled with liquids, strange pieces of metal that gave off a scent like they could have electricity in them.. And they were all about half the size from what our scouting trips into Vermillion City had shown us. But easily the oddest thing to me was the Ponyta-like creature moving around the area muttering to itself. It had a grey coat of fur and its mane was piercing white, like you'd see on an old human. On its flank was a mark of a magnifying glass and to top it all off it had a horn on its head, not to the same size or sharpness of a Rapidash though.

"No no that doesn't make sense. An energy spike of that magnitude does not occur naturally. No something must've happened but what?" He muttered. Yes, he. His voice was deep enough it had to be male. I stepped a bit further in, awed at what I was seeing... and he saw me.

"Hmm? Hello there... And what might you be- oh dear. That doesn't look good." He walked over to Teacher and checked her over quickly. "Yes seems to be hypothermia. Your fur coats must not be the best for this weather. Suited for a more forested biome I assume?"

I couldn't do much more than nod. At that he smiled a little and shocked me by lifting Teacher up, not by hoof but through a white aura around his horn. "Come now then. Let's see if we can't get your little friend back to normal."

Time passed in a sudden flurry of activity as he pulled a clipboard from nowhere and started checking different things on both Teacher and I. He pulled a small round metal object and placed it on both our chests with two strange antennae in his ears. He stuck a long stick both of our mouths checking it after he pulled it out. Eventually it got to the point where I was sitting on strange cloth object in a new room and he was wrapping another one around Teacher.

"I take it you've never seen something like me or nopony has ever shown much kindness to you hmm?" He asked, noticing my confused stare, "It's just as well. I've never seen something like you before and judging from what I just picked up that may not be coincidence. Allow me to introduce myself. I am Doctor Xavier Periment. You may call me Experiment.. All my friends do. Or they would if they were still my friends or if any had existed in the first place."

"I'm Thinker," I said cautiously and got a confused look for my attempt.

"Pikachu? Is that your name?" He started wrapping the cloth object I was sitting on around me, "I don't think that's exactly a normal name here but-" He cut off seeing me facepaw. "Oh not your name then... Species perhaps?" I nodded, starting to feel the warmth of the cloth. Started feeling drowsy too from the new warmth. Maybe I could take a nap here and be safe.

"Hmm I'll need to call you something for now to avoid confusing the two of you when she awakes..." As he thought he made the mistake of touching one of my red cheeks. An involuntary reaction happened and he wound up probably getting the shock of his life.

"Ok... that settles it," He said from his new position, flattened on the wall, "You're getting called Shock."

I scratched the back of my head sheepishly. Now it was obvious he hadn't seen anything like me before.


From the desk of Xavier Periment

I believe I may have stumbled across an astounding discovery! Or rather it stumbled across me. Earlier today I got a little surprise as two yellow mice fell down the stairs into the iceberg lab. Upon examination the conscious one appeared to be extremely exhausted, no doubt by the brutal weather conditions that seem to have been appearing as of late. The companion was unconscious and suffering from hypothermia. The first one has it as well but it looks like it'll make a full recovery. I'm not so sure about its partner though. Only time will tell.

Now where was I... Oh yes the discovery! After the small examination I gave them I was wrapping one in a blanket and after doing an introduction, making sure my voice was calm and soothing like one would use to a young foal or raging beast, it attempted to give me its own name and from its reactions to the response I gave I can conclude it might have some level of sapience! Oh and there is the little bit of making sure not to touch its red cheeks otherwise somepony could find themselves on the receiving end of a very nasty shock. Speaking of which, that's the name I gave the first one to make sure I could distinguish it from its companion. I hope to make great strides in figuring out where these little ones came from and what that strange energy spike was earlier this day.

Report signed, Doctor Xavier Periment


Everfree Forest

On any ordinary day you could see any variety of strange creatures in the Everfree. Manticores, Hydras and Timberwolves were just some of the locale that inhabited this forest. Today wasn't exactly ordinary but nonetheless there were still strange creatures. Specifically two new little yellow mice seemingly debating over a blueberry lunch.

"So no Leader, no Thinker, not even the three troublemakers... Though that last bit is probably a blessing. Although it's a hollow one because this forest gives me the creeps." the first one said, looking at some of the more twisted tree designs.

"Makes me wonder where we are. This definitely is not our home. Can't even smell the nest. Oran? Any thoughts?" The second one asked looking at the first one.

"I've got a question!" The berry suddenly hopped, "Why the heck am I a berry?!"

Author's Note:

So... I got this idea in my head after reading so many of the spinoffs. They all include pokemon trainers and whatnot... But there's only one other that stars wild pokemon. So I did some thinking and came up with a group that has been featured in the anime and has had very few encounters with pokemon trainers. The Vermillion Forest Pikachus. I wound up doing some creative thinking on the naming and the structuring of the group and I hope it turned out well.

Also if you have questions on why certain things aren't described by their names. Think about it. This is from the eyes of a Pikachu who hasn't seen many man-made products. He knows about cloth and steel because certain people visited the area in the anime but that's about it.

If you didn't like it or feel there's something I can improve on, let me know. I know I've got room for improvement but what I need help on is figuring out where said improvement can be put.