• Published 26th Sep 2014
  • 3,903 Views, 78 Comments

A new world, A new horde - TSLsmokey



A horde of Pikachu get sent to Equestria as the result of a god's decision, now it's time to figure out where to go from here... and figure out where everyone wound up. Seriously they got flung all over the world.

  • ...
8
 78
 3,903

Chapter 6: Random events

Experiment’s log
Day 5

This is the first time I’m using a vocal recorder so let’s hope this works.

Where to begin… Well I suppose the obvious is in order. I must never let the Pikachu, or any Pokemon of similar build, get sugar again. Somehow they managed to find the soda and… well I had to reset three circuit breakers before I could get power back to my lab. Additional measures are required apparently.

Joey’s been a big help. We’ve been learning so much about the world he came from and some things that we never knew about these Pokemon. An example being how they can rapidly evolve in a manner of seconds when all known evidence of evolution for other creatures indicates tens of thousands of years. And not just evolution over time exists for the Pokemon. There are numerous other ways for a Pokemon to evolve. Friendship, through a stone, trading… whatever that is, and some evolve through learning moves or by stat increases. Heck some are affected by whether or not it’s day out.

He’s also assisted me with these… types I think they’re called? From what I’ve learned there’s 18 different types. Each with different defining characteristics, weaknesses, and resistances. Not only are Pokemon defined under these types, the moves they use are categorized as well. For example, Joey is a Normal type but the move he used was Dark type, at least according to him. There is so much to learn now that I feel like a little colt on his birthday! I shall be very busy for the foreseeable future. And with Joey, Thinker, and the other Pokemon helping, I feel I can make great strides.

Anyways I managed to follow the tunnel that the Loudred left behind and confirmed it was attached to a sewer. The smell wasn’t as bad as the Loudred’s stench made it seem so it makes me wonder how long he was down there. I didn’t notice any ill effects but I still let Red Cell at him regardless. He needed a bath and she is the only one who would have any slight notion of whether or not he was suffering from malnutrition. Though if he was down there the whole time and isn’t suffering from that… It makes me wonder what he was eating.

I attached a makeshift door onto the hole into the sewer so that we could block out the smell somewhat. I’ll probably need to go into the Crystal Empire either today or tomorrow to get air fresheners as well as try finding somepony to attach a sealed door instead. I don’t exactly like the fact that my Igloo entrance is easily spotted and given the fact that I’ve drawn the ire of a nasty corporation within Canterlot I’d prefer to have a different entrance. Of course I’ll have to speak to somepony about actually being able to do that… and possibly getting experiments run in there.

After all it could be a good chance to set some environmentalists minds at ease and if anything else… it’ll give me a chance to investigate something odd.


Experiment clicked the button to listen back to his recording, to make sure it worked. Satisfied he popped out the tape and set it in a drawer. He’d label it later… If he could find it amongst the other unlabeled tapes. That would be a fun day when he finally decided to give them titles. As he walked down the hallway back to the main lab, he looked through a door that was wide open

“You having fun in there?”

“Pi!”

“Why do you have a ball- OW! Hey stop throwing those at me!” Jackal yelped as another plastic ball hit him in the muzzle. He dug deep into the ball pit and started bucking plastic balls back at Thinker. It escalated into all out war from there.

Experiment quietly shut the door and walked away from the room.

“Sometimes I wonder why I put that in there, myself…” He mused as he continued back to the lab.

“I said NEIN! Zis goes over here!”

“Loudred Lou! Loudred!”

“Are you certain? Because I thought zis tendon was HERE ven ve began!” That didn’t bode well. Perhaps his thought that the coming days would be interesting was a little too accurate? He quickly hurried to the room that he heard the voices coming from and threw open the door.

“Alright Red Cell! I thought we agreed no more… operations… Uh…” He faltered as he took in the scene, “What exactly am I looking at?”

It was the exact opposite of what he’d expected. Instead of Red Cell operating on the Loudred, like he thought, there was a model of a pony on the table. Complete with fake organs and movable tendons.

“I am teaching zis Pokemon how to be a surgeon!” Red Cell gleefully replied with the Loudred nodding.

“And… are you sure you’re qualified?” Experiment said, raising one eyebrow.

“Vat? Vhy not?”

“Do I really need to remind you? What’s the one thing you’re missing right now?” The Loudred turned to her curiously at this.

“I… erm… Gotta go!” She bolted from the room and into the depths of the lab. Experiment set a hoof gently on his forehead and sighed.

“And wait five minutes for her to realize that she is going to become hopelessly lost in there.” He looked over at the curious Loudred. “Ah I guess you still want to know, huh?” He got a confirming nod from the Pokemon.

“Well… I don’t know how exactly but she lost her medical license. It’s something she hasn’t told me why yet but… I hope I can find out eventually… Wait I thought she’d have put a translator spell on you?”

The Loudred shook his head and started messing with the model again. Experiment chuckled and started out the door.

“I suppose there’s no harm in messing with it… But please don’t operate on any pony unless you actually get licensed.”

“Lou…” Loudred shot him a deadpan stare.

Experiment ignored it and finally reached the lab. “Finally… Now then time to get those letters writ-... Oh what’s that smell now?” He sniffed the air a couple times and narrowed it down to the Pokemon bedrooms. He opened the door to see what was going on… and got a stream of flame in the face, followed by a jet of water knocking him out of the room.

“What the Tartarus?!” The sound of fighting now echoed through the lab as the Fennekin and Froakie, he’d figured out their names earlier, spilled into the lab. All he could do was watch as his machines got damaged and in some cases destroyed in the ensuing mayhem.

As the dust settled, he saw the Fennekin standing triumphantly over the Froakie. “See I told you I could beat you!” She yipped. Experiment remembered that Red Cell had placed a translator over all the Pokemon that had been in the bedroom.

“Right… Can you -ow- get off of my stomach now?” The Froakie responded. Fennekin hopped off and started bouncing excitedly until she noticed Experiment’s shocked expression.

“Uh… oops?”

“My… lab. My machines… My inventions…”

“I think we broke him!”


2 Hours Later

Red Cell poked her brother with a hoof causing him to tip over with a thud.

“I vould ask vat caused zis… But…” She looked at the scorched interior of the lab and the soaked tables before turning back to the anxious Pokemon, “I think it vould be obvious. But... How on Equus could you little ones do such damage?”

Fennekin shot her a deadpan stare, then spat a flame onto the ground while Froakie burped out water.

“You vield ze power of ze elements? Most intriguing… Regardless ve really should try to fix zis. Pity I have no clue how to do zis.” She raised a hoof to her chin.

“Aha!” Her hoof shot into the air in glee, “I have an old colleague. He may be a bit hard to understand and he might have a little bit of a grudge against me, but he is an amazing mechanic. I just hope he doesn’t attack me on sight.”

“What did you do Miss Cell?” Fennekin asked timidly. All the Pokemon had seen her… nuts side already, despite them only being awake for a day.

“Vell… Story for another time perhaps? Anyvays I vill need to head out for a little bit to go fetch them. If mein brüder vakes up, tell him I went to see a pony by ze name of Twisted Gear.”

Froakie and Fennekin nodded quickly and Red Cell teleported out. She soon reappeared and went into the monitor room. A loud yelp rang out and Red Cell dragged out Heavy towards their equipment. Without a word she attached the minigun to Heavy and attached her medigun to herself.

“Archimedes!” She called out and Sitrus ran into the room. “Ve need to run an errand and I vould very much like for you to come with.”

“Yes ma’am.” He hopped onto her back as Thinker walked into the room.

He took in what was going on quickly. Experiment on the ground, shellshocked Fennekin and Froakie, Red Cell and Heavy gearing up for a fight. “Nope, not even asking.” And walked right back into the room where he and Teacher had been catching up.

Red Cell chuckled a little and teleported out of there.

“So… That happened,” Fennekin said. She looked at Froakie and grinned. “Round two?”

“Bring it on!” Froakie hopped back and charged at Fennekin.


Somewhere in Las Pegasus

“Sir, Ah don’t see your issue. Ah fixed your heater like you asked and added in a free modification to make it more efficient. Your house now heats up at twice the speed it used to and with no extra energy or money cost.”

“You say that but then why did my energy bill double after you did this?”

“Sir… That may have to do with the electric telescope you used to peek in windows.Specifically at mares bathing? I also gave it a little zoom boost for you.”

“I- Wait what? I-I don’t know what you’re speaking about.”

“Sir, Ah am not the one at fault here regardless. Please leave. Now.”

“I will not-” A click echoed through the office. A small machine swiveled up from the floor and pointed itself at the arguing stallion, finishing its movements with a beep.

“Ah will only ask you once more. Leave please.”

“Th-this isn’t over!” He fled with his tail between his legs and the pony behind the desk propped his back legs on said desk.

“Sometimes they get unruly. Ah suppose that is bound to happen. ‘Specially in this city. Aint that right Boom?” He popped the lid off of a beer and took a sip from it as a second stallion in the room began to laugh. This second one was red in fur color but had a brown mane and an eyepatch over his left eye. His cutie mark was that of a bomb so it was fairly obvious what his specialty was.

“Ye got that right Gear! Maybe next time ye ought to let me do the negotiating as well! Me and ol scrumpy could do a bit of good work eh?”

The first pony sighed and tilted his sunglasses off of his eyes. He pointed a blue hoof at Boom. “Ah’ll only do that if I want the building demolished. Ah still remember the last time you decided to do the negotiations and Ah’m still paying that off.”

“Oh keep yer hard hat on. It was merely a suggestion lad!”

Both of them turned towards the front of the office as the sound of a teleport spell echoed through it. Given that most ponies used the doors, it was safe for them to assume they either had an important guest who remained anonymous or an old ‘friend’ coming to visit. Twisted Gear hoped it was the former.

“Quiet, Boom. Ah think we have a customer.” Gear looked back towards the entrance and lowered his hooves off his desk..

“Vell I vouldn’t say zat.” A familiar pink face walked into the light with a brown pony following her. Twisted Gear cursed inwardly.

“Red Cell. Ah didn’t think you’d ever show your face around here again.” Gear colored his voice with a hint of displeasure.

“I vouldn’t be here if I had any other choice. It looks like I require your assistance.”

“Yeah well you can just git on out of here. Ah got no help for you today.”

“Oh don’t be like zat. Surely you and I can come to some sort of arrangement, ja?” She grinned at him, giving her own little sadistic side the barest of glimpses.

“Ye know lass, I don’t think this is gonna end well for ya!” Boom hopped off of his seat and walked over to stand next to Gear’s desk, fetching his own launcher from behind it alongside a reinforced wooden shield.

“Ah Big Boom! It has been so long since I saw you last. I see ze tail and mane regrew for you very nicely!” She kept up with her grin.

“Ah ye noticed?” He turned away with a barely visible redness on his already red face.

“Enough! Red Cell, take yer overgrown rodent and your low IQ coltfriend and ge-” He broke off as Sitru- I mean, Archimedes began to spark with rage.

“He did not!” Heavy covered his mouth with a fake gasp.

“Und now you did it… Zis von’t end vell. Ah vell let’s go ze whole way. Heavy!” Heavy looked in her direction, with his minigun spinning up. “Charge.”

Heavy grinned, lifted his weapon and started charging at Twisted Gear and Big Boom. Archimedes hopped on his back yelling along with Heavy.

“Zis might be a bad time to mention but… Zey don’t like being called animals.”

Heavy let loose a stream of magic bullets and Twisted Gear dived out of the way. Heavy’s minigun never fired real bullets. It got too expensive and after three times in prison for accidental killing, they decided to switch to magic bullets formed from the Earth Pony magic in Heavy’s own body. These couldn’t actually penetrate any skin but it would leave a nasty bruise that could also knock out a pony. And given enough shots it still could kill. It just meant no more unintentional deaths. Coincidentally enough, Twisted Gear and Experiment had worked together to create the system used to make said magic bullets. Any other pony that used weapons made by Twisted Gear had this same restriction imposed on them. Scarily enough they only did that to avoid legal troubles. They really had no troubles with killing which made them disturbing amongst other ponies.

“So… ready to give us a hand Gear? Or maybe I should just let zem continue attacking you.”

“Ah’m not giving up yet! You think you’re the only one with a trick up her sleeve?” He called from the shadows he had dived into.

“Oh so you have a new toy?”

A lot of metal clanking answered her as a gigantic arachnoid machine clanked into view, with Twisted Gear in the pilot seat. “Ah’m not the Canterlot wizpony for nothing! Ah’ll teach you to poke your muzzle in my business! Come on!” He leveled one of the turrets on the machine down towards them, hit a button which caused a large metal tail to swing into view, and silently thanked Celestia that he’d installed the soundproof and extremely durable plating just last month. Otherwise he’d probably have been arrested numerous times since then for noise complaints… and probably property destruction.

Heavy stood back beside Red Cell, spinning up his minigun once more. Red Cell focused her Medigun beam on Heavy. And Archimedes started charging a lot of electricity, to the point where the ponies in the room got a bit poofy from electricity in the air.

As all of them stared at the machine Red Cell voiced a single thought, “How ze buck did zat fit in here?”

“Heavy not know! But is coward killing time! Ahahahaha!”

Author's Note:

This took... longer than I expected.

I did decide against releasing the bloopers now but they will be on the way eventually.

Thanks to Goggari, Trolleroids, and Votederpycausemuffins for helping me pre-read this!