• Published 7th Sep 2014
  • 576 Views, 15 Comments

This is why I don't write ship fics - Flashburn37



Twilight Sparkle looked at a list of spells and spell schools she's mastered, and noticed Spike had crossed out the Enchantment school! She then remembered the want it need it incident and has decided to remaster the school! What could go wrong?

  • ...
23
 15
 576

Chapter 2: A little chaos will help!

Chapter 2: A little chaos will help!

"Spike... remind me to never let Pinkie invite ponies by herself. The Castle is going to be packed!" Twilight sighed when she exited the room Pinkie was working on.

"Well, look at the Brightside! Most ponies won't show up with such short notice." Spike offered.

"I guess, but she invite so many!"

"Well, I guess castle warming parties need a few more ponies than a house warming one, stone floors are terribly cold normally." Spike joked.

"I guess. So Spike, you feeling okay?"

"Yeah..." He tilted his head. "Why do you ask?"

"Well you look a little green is all." Twilight joked. "We did just move, wanted to know if you were settling in."

"Well enough I suppose. It doesn't smell right in here, I don't mean it smells bad! It's just... not the same."

"I know, the smell will return though, it was the musk of books is all. When we replace all that Tirek destroyed life will be back to normal. Oh and I've been working on a solution to the temperature problem, thermal aerodynamics may hold the clue. If I can set up some spell system..."

The door flew open and a pink blur charged the two, stopping without slowing right before crashing into them.

"The party, she is ready! Oh and a few guests have trickled in, I assume her royal alicorness might want to greet a few of them!" Quipped Pinkie Pie, before she dashed back into the room.

"Alright Spike, you heard her, time to go shake hooves." Twilight sighed.

"Hey, you wanted a party!" Spike laughed, "I'm going to the punch bowl!" The traitorous little reptile scuttled away.

Twilight walked into the foyer and saw three ponies sitting there, Berry Punch, always where the drink could be found, Time Turner, punctual as usual, and Rarity! Her test subject was holding a box with her magic and was in a rather fetching red gown covered in sequins that glinted against the light as she sauntered around making small talk. For a moment Twilight thought about rushing inside and throwing on any old dress she had left, after Tirek blew them all up! It was too late for that though.

She trotted up to the two citizens and exchanged pleasantries and shook their hooves, before hastily shuffling them indoors. Now she was alone with her target. She trotted up, far more nervous than she should have been.

"Hello Rarity! Nice of you to make it on such short notice." They hugged.

"Why of course I'd come for such a momentous occasion!" She smiled, "After all it isn't everyday somepony gets a new castle to live in. Besides, how could I miss a party thrown by Pinkie Pie after the Cheese Sandwich incident?"

"Yeah... she says she's not mad, but I still feel bad." Twilight agreed. "Let's go inside, I'm sure she's expecting us. After you." Twilight opened the door with her magic.

"Thank you Twilight, but surely you must go first."

"I have to stay out here, for a few minutes, just to great any other ponies."

"Alright, I'll see you inside." Rarity entered the castle. Twilight charged up her horn and right before the door shut a small red heart shot quickly through and pegged her in the back.

Twilight heard a muffled, "Wow, it is warm in here. Now where do I put my gift?"

Twilight smiled smugly. It had been a stroke of luck she was sitting next to the TH section of the library when Spike had turned, not just because it gave an excuse for the heat, but because Thermal Aerodynamics might actually solve the heating issue! She was beginning to master the spell too! She was now prepared to attempt to set the spell as a dormant seed she could tailor to anything she felt like, when she felt like it. She heard the ruffle of feathers as a yellow pegasi named Fluttershy landed just outside the open door to the outside. She was wearing a saddlebag and a simple green frock.

"Fluttershy! So glad you could make it!" They hugged.

"Of course I could Twilight." She smiled at Twilight, "So, I assume Rarity is inside showing off her new dress?"

Twilight nodded. "How'd you know about that?" She laughed.

"I watched her start making it a week ago. I figured it would be done by now. I also figured you wouldn't have replaced all of your clothes after..." Her eyes widened in temporary panic before she continued, "The incident. So I had Discord make this." She opened her bag and pulled out a lovely slip on dress. "I asked him to make it simple, but the color changes every few minutes. Or it doesn't. I can't make sense of it."

"Oh it's lovely!" Twilight sincerely thanked her friend before slipping into the garment. Though no matter how easy any clothes were to put on her wings would get in the way. After a good minute and Fluttershy's help she finally got into the gown. She stretched in it and it shimmered in the light turning a deep blue.

"I'm glad you like it!" Fluttershy smiled.

"I'll see you inside shortly, after most of the other guests have shown up." Fluttershy nodded and, as the door shut, Twilight shot out a heart. Fluttershy seemed uncomfortable for a moment but said nothing. Twilight felt real guilty after that. She looked at the dress, now dark green, and sighed.

"Now Twilight, why so glum?" The floor said in a rather sarcastic voice. It grew behind her, and when she turned to face it, none other than Discord stood before her.

"I don't know what you mean." Twilight backed into the now shut door. Her dress was a mute blue.

"Come on now, your speaking to the greatest trickster of them all. I saw everything. What are you doing, so I may join in. Otherwise I may have to tell the others you're up to something and I'm assuming that would damage your precious experiment." He smirked knowing he had won.

"Fine... I'm monitoring ponies emotional reaction to a party, the spell I cast monitors that." She lied. Her dress was now a shining silver.

"Twilight, you can't lie to me normally, what makes you think you can do it in a mood robe?" He twisted into a coil around Twilight his eyes like daggers, "Besides, friends shouldn't lie to one another."

"I'm... I'm practicing a spell." The look on his face told Twilight it wasn't enough. "The want it need it spell. I'm trying to master the enchantment school of magic." Her dress turned an embarrassed red.

"I won't interfere. In fact, I'd like to be a part of it! Hit me, with your best shot!" Twilight really didn't want to... but there was no alternative. "Oh and don't remove the dress, Fluttershy might not take to kindly to it..." He snickered as he slinked inside, smiling as Twilight wondered how deep she had just gotten herself into this mess.