• Published 19th Sep 2014
  • 124 Views, 0 Comments

The Unique, Crazy, and Slightly Depressing Story of Doodle Phoenix Bug - Bambisbb



Doodle Bug recounts the tale of her life with her closet friend.

  • ...
 0
 124

It started off sad...

After that, I can't remember much. The last thing I remember before it happened, is my dad smiling at me as he pushed me around in a little toy carriage I had. I think that was the first time I'd ever seen my dad smile, and I mean actually smile, not a drugged out smile, like the times he'd nearly overdosed, or the times he got drunk and watched...Things in the living room. No, he was actually smiling...And it was so amazing to me. Then something happened. I can't remember when, or what it was, I think I forced myself to forget it...But I hazily remember my mom throwing things into the car. I think my dad had gotten rough with her again, and he'd tried to kill me to get back at her...I don't know where he was, maybe she convinced him to go get drugs or something...But she grabbed Puppy and me, loaded me into the foalseat quickly, and took off. She only told my Aunt Cradle Song where we were going. I don't remember her ever stop driving...Next thing I know, I was staying with my Aunt Lily Pad. I was so accustomed to an abusive household, that it shocked me to see my cousins, Runway Lights and Savannah Banana, accidentally knock a chair over, and just get gently scolded about running, before sent off again! If I had done something like that, it would have meant fractures and stitches...

Of course, not everything was perfect at Aunt Lily's house. Her husband was also abusive, though it wasn't as bad. He just occasionally got drunk and pushed Aunt Lily into a wall, smacked her a little bit before passing out. She was never harmed too bad...

When my mom got a job at a cafe, she came and got me. From one point nine years old, to two years, I stayed in the cafe every day, until mom got off work. I had my 'Uncle' Crisp there, and also my 'Aunt' Diamond Heel. It was the best thing in the world for me, because every morning, at six in the morning, Mom would wake me up, and we'd go to the cafe. Aunt Diamond would be there, opening up, and about ten minutes later, all the coffee drinkers would arrive. I'd sit with them, try my hardest to help them with their crossword puzzles, and even draw them pictures when they asked me to. I remember that one of the regular costumers, Dusty Hat, would sit down with me, drawing out dogs for me to color in. He taught me how to draw, and how to color...After they left, all the afternoon customers would arrive, mostly just ponies traveling through. After that, all the dinner ponies. They'd all sit down and smoke, talk to each other, meanwhile, I'd be in a corner booth, snuggled up with Puppy, feeling more content and safe than I'd ever felt. I knew that none of the ponies in the restaurant would hurt me, and if someone tried to, they'd get knocked out faster than they could blink! It was the best time of my life...Until my mom started working at the pet store too...She didn't have time to watch me in the pet store, and I couldn't stay at the cafe without her. So she hired a foalsitter. I won't go through what happened with the foalsitter...Just know, she liked foals a little too much...Yea, she.