• Published 19th Sep 2014
  • 125 Views, 0 Comments

The Unique, Crazy, and Slightly Depressing Story of Doodle Phoenix Bug - Bambisbb



Doodle Bug recounts the tale of her life with her closet friend.

  • ...
 0
 125

A filly told her story...

After what happened to Sunshine, I made sure to hold onto Ducky extra tight! I wouldn't let him go anywhere without me, even if we were going out to the park! Me and Ducky were best friends, and I slept with him under my head every night. But eventually, he disappeared too. I was so sad when he did, and I never got over it. Grandma June Bug gave me a stuffed puppy, to kind of replace Ducky. It worked, of course, and Puppy never left my sight! Seriously, she's on my bed right now! But, it was around the time I got Puppy for my first birthday, that Grandma June Bug died...I wish I could have met her. I only have one memory of her, and it was when my mom went to visit her, and we were all sitting in her RV. I was sitting by my mom, being a general year old foal. I remember looking up at Grandma June Bug, expecting her to be talking to mom, but instead saw her looking at me with a smile. It was the best smile I've ever seen, even to this day. I'll never forget that memory, I refuse to...After that, the memories get kind of hazy, I guess I try to forget them...The first memory I have after that, is my dad waking me up in the middle of the night. He was mad for some reason, I think he tripped over my bed trying to get to the kitchen. My bed was in the kitchen at this house, because we didn't have enough room. He had his switch in his hoof, and he was so mad...I got beat with it. Literally beat, until my mom tried to help. Then she got hit too. I think my dad was always abusive, I have vague memories of him yelling at my mom and hitting her whenever she said no...I also remember him crashing the car because she didn't want to go somewhere. My dad would always hit me to get back at my mom, and when my mom got mad about it, he'd hit her.

After I discovered my dad was...Abusive, I became a lot more fearful of him, but I still made sure to tell him that I loved him every night a went to sleep, and every morning I woke up. Every time he'd beat me because he didn't win the lottery, or because mom made dinner that he didn't like, I'd always tell him I loved him after I stopped crying. I didn't want him to feel bad...

My mom left him several times, but every time he'd find us and drag us back...He also got arrested, like, a lot. I remember one night, mom woke me up in a panic. My Granny Sewing Doll was standing in the doorway, with her keys in her hoof. I could here yelling and screaming, and there was read lights flashing in the window...I got so scared, but my mom picked me up and ran out the door, Granny right behind her. We got in the car and drove to a shelter, though at the time, I didn't know what it was. I asked my mom why we left, and she told me that Dad had found a snake under the house. I was a foal, so I stupidly accepted the lie as fact, and went to sleep after watching a story about elephants on the TV. It was only until a few months ago that I realized the red lights were from police cars, and my mom had called the cops on my dad for hitting her.

My memories are very...blank after that. It all blurred together, but the one that sticks out, is my dad loading the car with our suitcases. He had just gotten through hitting me, and I made sure to run out there as fast as I could. I got next to him, watching him load the car...And I couldn't say it. My brain told me I should say it, so he wouldn't feel bad, but my mouth just wouldn't do it. I suddenly started thinking about running away instead. It was so hard to stay in that one spot, to not move away from him. I forced a small smile, and made my hooves wrap around my dad, no matter how much my brain was telling me to not touch him, to just run away and hide behind my mom...And I told him I loved him.

I don't know why I did, I should have just ran back inside. He just patted my head, said he loved me too, and told me to get inside.