• Published 19th Sep 2014
  • 124 Views, 0 Comments

The Unique, Crazy, and Slightly Depressing Story of Doodle Phoenix Bug - Bambisbb



Doodle Bug recounts the tale of her life with her closet friend.

  • ...
 0
 124

On a cold winters night...

It was a cold night out. Doodle Bug had on a blue sweater, and was wrapped in blanket, with Hoop by her side. They were snuggled up together, just watching the fire.

But then Hoop decided to ask her something. He cleared his throat, looking over at her. He nuzzled her ear and smiled, "Hey Doodle Bug?"

"Yuppers?"

"You always say that you're foalhood wasn't great, right?" Hoop tilted his head, pausing his nuzzling. He could feel Doodle Bug shift nervously before she answered.

"Yes...Why?"

"Well...What was so terrible about it?" Hoop asked.

"Do you, like, want me to start from the beginning? Because, it's a long story." She frowned, staring at the fire.

"Yea, from the beginning." He gave a small smile, "Please?"

"I...I suppose." Doodle Bug sighed, "I mean...You could handle it...You watch Doctor Whooves with me..." She shifted again, tensing up, "Okay. But, let me warn you...It's not a pretty story..."
~
~
~
~

Life wasn't always great for me.

I was born in a town called New Neigh, and it was absolutely freezing there. I was supposed to be born a month later, but I ended up nearly suffocating, so we had to be rushed to the hospital. The doctors told my mom I wasn't going to make it, and later, after they had confirmed that I wasn't, they told my dad my mom wasn't going to make it either, and told him to pick out coffins. We stayed in the hospital for weeks, neither of us getting better. But then, everything got better. I don't know what happened, but we got better! My dad wasn't very happy about it though, and I never found out why...

He took us home after that, but I had a condition, from being early and tons of other stuff. I would stop breathing in the middle of the night, and throw my mom into a panic. It kept happening until...Well, I don't know exactly how long, but it lasted a while.

After I got better, we moved around a lot. I can't remember exactly where we went, but I do remember we were always in cheap apartments and hotels. Some of them were kind of nice, but others...Well, let's not talk about them. I had a special set of toys that stayed with us, no matter what. They were a little duck that quacked every time you hugged it, and a life sized foal doll. I named her Sunshine Waves, and she was my best friend throughout the first few years of my foal-hood. I'd sleep with her, take baths with her, she even had her own chair when we sat down to eat! I told her everything, from my fears to my dreams...I know, dreams, it's kind of weird for a six month old foal to have them, but I wanted to be a ballerina! Then one night, me and Sunshine went to sleep. I had the duck, that I had named Ducky, under my head as a pillow, and I had Sunshine next to me. When I woke up...Sunshine was gone. I thought that she could have fallen under the bed, because it was a pretty small one, but when I looked, I couldn't find her. I looked everywhere in the room, thinking she could have just walked off to get a drink and gotten lost, remember, I was a foal, but I couldn't find her. I started crying and my mom ran in the room. I told her about Sunshine, and she just looked at me all sad...I never did find out what happened to her until a year or two ago...

That was about it for my foalhood. I have little memories here and there, but...None of them are very pretty. I only have a small amount of good memories.

Like the time I learned our pet ferret could undo the foal gate latch, and the time my mom went inside the meerkat cage at the zoo and my dad took pictures. I remember sitting on my grandparents stairs and talking to my cousin about dragons, and I remember Christmas every year at Granddad and Sugar's house...They had this huge lion plushy that all the kids would lay against to watch movies while the grown ups talked about stuff...

But that's about the last of my happy memories...