• Published 30th Aug 2014
  • 4,262 Views, 82 Comments

Your Human and You: A Tale of Silence - RedmoonLevee



In an attempt to stop a mad man from traveling to another world, Silence the ninja gets sucked into Equestria.

  • ...
23
 82
 4,262

Chapter 1: A new world (edit)

I awoke and listened, not moving a muscle. I heard no sound other than my own breathing and the soft beep of machines. The room smelled of antiseptic and bleach, so I was either in a lab or a hospital. I opened my eyes. The natural one adjusted to the light as the other booted up my HUD. Both finished about the same time and I slowly investigated the area around me.

I was in a hospital bed. Strapped down with soft cuffs and a few straps, naked. Save for the bandages on my arms and a cast on my leg. The room was was white and warm with only a few chairs and the bed I was on. An old light hung from the ceiling and there was also a lamp on the nightstand beside the bed which provided the only lighting the room. I took all this in and tested the cuffs that held my arms. They held tight.

I was captured but didn't want to act yet. I needed to see what this place was before I acted. I needed information. I had the time to spare, so I waited and listened.

“But did you see the scars on him?” one voice asked. It was feminine and concerned about something.

“Yes, nurse, I did see the scars and the knives and sword.” This one was masculine and mildly annoyed. “And yes, you still need to go check on him, we need a set of vitals on him. He is restrained so you have nothing to fear.”

The door opened and I was shocked. Into my room walked a winged pony. She had an off white coat and a green mane and tale. She stopped when she saw me looking at her. Fear filled her eyes as she met mine. She backed out the door and called for the doctor.

“What do you mean he's awake, he should still be sedated,” the male voice called back.

A horned pony stepped past the first and walked in. he was slightly taller than the first and had a brown coat. His black mane and tail swished as he trotted into the room. He paused as well when I looked him over. He didn't hold fear in his eyes, but shock.

They stared for a second then the doctor walked in the room.

“Well, I guess we could get started on the tests then.”

In minutes I was moved to a new room with a table. Then I was released from my bed and placed in a chair, and left to sit for a bit. During this time, I found they have magic. I was used to magic, I even used a little magic in my work.The magic I used could be broken by an effort of will greater than the casters own.This magic, the magic that the ponies used, I could not fight. I saw that it came from their horns and was somewhat panicked when I was lifted off the bed and placed in the chair.

As I sat there I tested my leg. The pain was tolerable when I was sitting with it on the floor, but if I put weight on it the pain would escalate to feel like a river of magma in my leg. They had placed my leg in a plaster cast, immobilizing my foot but not my knee. The cast was light but restricting for the things I wanted to do.

I had stopped when the door to my room opened and another pony entered with an apple. I saw the apple and my stomach started to rumble. He placed the apple before me and waited. I looked at him and then to the apple and waited on him to make a move. He pushed the apple to me and pulled out a clipboard and feather quill.

I picked up the apple and looked at it carefully, looking for any imperfections and signs of tampering. Nothing was wrong with the thing so I brought it to my lips. Just before I was going to take a bite, the apple was pulled from my grasp. I was confused until he put it back into my hand, it was a test for hostility. I had a dog that the masters let me have for a bit during my training and they tested it like that. So I played the test for the fifth time when I reached over and thumped him in the horn and snatched my apple from the air.

He was shocked as I snacked on the apple and waited for the next test. He then pulled my chair out and walked around the table to me. He held up his hoof and moved it around for me to follow with my eyes. I did so still munching away on my apple. He paused as I opened my mouth to take another bite and then had me set the apple down. Pulling my lips up he looked at my teeth.

One of the implants I had was poison packs in my throat with the injectors in my teeth. They appeared to be elongated canines. The pony gawked at my teeth until I pulled away and went back to my apple. This thing was delicious, so much so that I even ate the core.

After my apple, I looked around as the pony observed me. His clipboard was floating beside him with the quill scratching away at the paper on it. I wondered what was on the paper for a bit until he set it down and sighed. I picked it up and read what was written there, much to his curiosity.

Subject 7,

Unknown name or owner assumed wild used for fighting.

Several scars are present on the subject, including one across the neck, perhaps a debarking scar. Eyes are of different color, could be a genetic abnormality. Branding on the left shoulder could mark an owner or the fighting ring he was in, turning over to the guards for their investigation. Burns on arm are consistent with electrical burns, perhaps a magic or disciplinary act. Burns cover left hand to shoulder but start on the right arm just above the wrist. Test show non-aggressive but still wonder. Eyes seem to function properly, no known cataracts or eye infections. Teeth seem to be filed to points on the canines, perhaps for the fighting. Recommend pound until the investigation concludes.

I tossed it back onto the table and looked at the pony, waiting for some kind of answer for the pound thing. I was not going to the pound, I was human not an animal. He sighed as he sat down in his chair.

“I don't know who could have done this to you, I promise the guards will find them and the will be punished for their cruelty,” he said sadly. “I just hope we can find you a good home to go to.”

I raised an eyebrow at him, no one was cruel to me. I had earned all of my scars from training, my work or from failing. My hand went to my throat as a reflex when I remembered the day I lost my voice forever. It was the final leg of my training when my dojo, my home, came under attack. I lost my hand and eye that day as well, to the leader of a rival clan.

“Hey, you'll be okay,” he said as he patted my head. “I know it will be hard but you will be in a good place.”

I couldn't take it, I never liked being patronized and this was worse than that. I was not an animal, I had intelligence, I had free will. I snatched the clipboard back up and the pen and began to write out something for his little report.

I will not go to the Pound! And where is my equipment?

I held my sign up for him to see and waited. He scratched his head as he looked at the words I had written, but said nothing.

“Well that is something,” he said. “You can draw some interesting pictures, kinda like that brand on your shoulder.”

I looked at the paper confused. I was so mad at him I didn't realize I had written in kanji instead of English. I face palmed. I started to write something else, this time in English when I felt the pull of magic on the clipboard. I snorted and held on, I was going to win this fight and prove I was smart.

STOP Pulling! Was all I got onto the paper before it was pulled all the way out of my grasp.

He didn't even look at the words as he motioned for me to get back in bed. I refused and pointed at the board. Magic enveloped me and lifted me onto the bed. I fought with all my will, but nothing would stop me from being placed on the bed. The straps were placed on my wrists and ankles as the bed was pushed back to the room I was in when I awoke. When he left, I did what I should have done, to begin with. I popped my hand off and set myself free.

I doused all the light in the room and waited for one of the ponies to walk in. I didn't have to wait long. The door opened and in trotted the little nurse that was so afraid of me. I let it sink in that the room was dark before I acted.

I slipped out the door and closed it behind me, sealing her in that darkness. Her muffled screams got the attention of some of the other staff, getting them to open the door as ducked around them to the desk. I needed something to distract them longer than a screaming nurse and I had just the thing. A big red lever sat on the wall to my right labeled FIRE.

I pulled it and let the confusion begin. Ponies began to hustle about in practiced routes, closing a door or pulling patients out and moving them down the hall. As they did this I moved with a few of them until I saw a guard with my things floating beside him as he helped the ponies move everyone out. As I passed, I grabbed and pulled my things out of his magical grasp. He shouted but the press of ponies stopped him from pursuing me. I play like the dumb human they thought I was and ducked back and forth in the crowd until it led outside.

I gimped through the snow with the crowd until I saw the perfect place to hide and get dressed. I dashed into a house and checked my things. My gi was cut in some places but it was nothing that I couldn't handle with a needle and some thread, I would just need to find warmer clothes for the near future and I should able to make it through the winter and maybe longer.

I donned my gi and started looking through the pockets in my belt. I found the vial I was looking for after a short search, a tube of gray and black liquid that looked like metal. I then pulled out a hypodermic needle and jabbed it into the tube's top. I pulled a good dose of the sludge and the readied my leg. I found a spot just above the cast and jabbed the needle into my calf. I pushed the dose into the muscle and readied myself for the pain to come.

Nanites, tiny robots that can only be seen with a microscope, rushed into my leg. They began to repair any damage that was done to it from the break and then started in on the bone. Tissue began to knit together and bone began to mend as pain rushed up and down my leg, feeling like my leg was burning from the inside out. It took two minutes for the pain to subside, but to me, it felt like an eternity.

When it was done I stood and tested the leg. I still felt pain but I could live with it. I pulled out a knife and started in on the cast to set my foot free. With that done I looked around for something I could use as warmer clothes and a sewing kit to repair my gi.

The building I was in was a shop for clothing and such so I was in luck. I started to rummage around, grabbing a small box kit and some fabric that I could use to insulation for my gi. I had to work fast as the sun was starting to rise in the east, signaling the residents getting up. I had little time to get out and find a place to lay low.

I nabbed a bag off the wall and stuffed my prizes into it. I double checked that I had everything I would need and moved to the door. That was when I heard the gasp. Looking over my shoulder I saw a white horned pony. Her mane and tail were up in curlers and she was in a nightgown. The whole picture was ridiculous and I couldn't help but smile before I dashed out the door.

I could hear her scream from outside and I dashed through the snow into the morning light. I moved into the town and stayed in the alleys, looking for someplace to stay. I looked for hours until I was on the outskirts of the city. That was when I realized that this was not the big city I thought it was, I managed to walk all the way around it before the morning was out. I stayed out of sight, for the most part, I was still spotted but nothing seemed to happened.

I found a building just outside of town that I could use as a safe house. The building was falling apart on the outside but was strong enough for life on the inside. I check the place for firewood and a place to lay down. I found an old bed and some old wooden chairs that were broken. Though the front door hung on one hinge, I managed to get it closed. None of the windows were broken, so when I lit the fire in the fireplace I was able to keep the room warm.

I settled into the bed and started to work on my gi. I repaired the fabric and added the insulation for the winter work I would be doing. After that was done the sun was beginning to set and I needed to find more wood and something more than an apple to eat. The firewood would be easy to find in this town, it was right next to a forest, it was the food that would prove trying. I let the sun fall once more on this new world before I headed out.

The moon began to rise over the snow-covered hill as I climbed out of my new safe house. Now warm and rested, I set to work. I pulled out a piece of paper and sketched a rough map of the town and its important buildings, but mostly I wanted information. I tracked down the library, town hall, the market and finally the guard shacks. After I marked these on my map I then went to work finding a stable source of food. I found a grocery store with just enough food that if I stole from them, it wouldn't be noticed.

I took only what I needed to survive and moved on to the library. The door was locked, but that wouldn't stop me. I scoped the place out for anything I could use as an entrance or a place to spy on the ponies within. I found a window and looked into it.

The lights were out inside, but I could see a form within. It was stretched out on the couch and breathing slowly. Whatever it was, it was asleep and that meant I should be clear, as long as I stayed quiet. I checked the windows and found one that was unlocked, opened it and slipped inside. I stepped as lightly as possible through the main room of the library. I started to hunt for the books I would need to find, a history book, a book on law and finally a book on humans. With my new books in my hand, I slipped back out of the library and started back to my safe house.

Once I was back I set the pack down and set to securing my new place of residence. I checked the windows for locks and I made the door stick to its frame. I set some of the rooms aside for training and meditation and one for a poison lab. After that, I set a few simple traps to warn me if anyone was coming into my home.

I had just finished blacking out the windows when the sun started to rise. With a list of work that I would need to do and a few things I would need for my rooms, I settled into bed and started to read up on my new world.