• Published 30th Aug 2014
  • 4,259 Views, 82 Comments

Your Human and You: A Tale of Silence - RedmoonLevee



In an attempt to stop a mad man from traveling to another world, Silence the ninja gets sucked into Equestria.

  • ...
23
 82
 4,259

Chapter 3: A step to the future

Luna had left, giving me time to recover from my ordeal. My body still ached as I stretched my limbs in the morning sun. My leg throbbed, but it eased as I let the bone settle by taking my weight off it. The pain wasn't that bad but it would make me limp for a bit. I wanted to test just how far I could push it before I had to stop.

I stood outside in the crisp snow letting the wind blow my hood back. With my hair out I could feel the gentle breeze and smell the sharp cold of the air. My gi was modified for winter so the bite of the cold wasn't that bad, but I couldn't stay out too long.The bright blue sky was a stark contrast to the dull brown of my home and the air that bit at my throat did so from cold, not the toxic fumes. For the first time in my life I knew what clean air smelled and tasted like. The yard of the house was covered in fresh snow all the way to the birch wood forest. Man, i had a big yard.

As I stood and basked in the glory of this new world, I thought back to last night with the Princess. After she healed my voice I had to lay down and rest, but I talked to her, asking about this world. She told me that she was one of the two rulers of this place, holding sovereignty over the night while her sister rules the day. I learned that she and a few people knew of one other human like me.

When I questioned her about that she said that I should go talk to them and find out about it there. It was then that the question of where I came from was raised. I was only slightly less forthcoming than she was, telling her about the city and the corporations. I told her of the races that I had grown up knowing, the dwarves, elves, orcs and trolls. When I got to the point of my coming here I spoke of the portal and how I stopped Damien from coming here like he planned.

She saw that I was tired and needed rest, so she bid me farewell and said she would send for me to meet her and her sister at a later date. I wondered what I was going to do about that when something caught my attention. Something had taking to watching me.

In the sky above me sat the only cloud in the sky, and peeking over the edge of this cloud was a rainbow colored mane and red eyes on a blue pony face. I raised an eyebrow as I looked up at her until I saw something else. Just to my left and in front of me was a pink pony with pink mane and tale. This one was putting down a trampoline and had an air horn. I pulled up my mask to keep the smile hidden.

With one mighty jump, the pink one bounded up to where the cloud sitter was and let loose the air horn. Before I could blink, the cloud sitter was plummeting right at me. I was ready to catch her when her wings flared out and let her swoop up to hover before me. She looked around, wide eyed and breathing hard, for the thing that scared her when she saw the pink one giggling on the ground beside her trampoline.

“Pinky,” she huffed. “You got me.... good one...”

'Pinky' giggled some more and held out the air horn, giving it a good blast just for effect. She then stuffed the horn into her mane and started to scoop some snow into a ball. Her grin widened as I saw the blue pony ready a snowball herself. Seeing that they were about to engage in snow combat I decided to move back and watch them.

“Well, Dashy,” Pinky piped up in a sweet voice. “I think that makes us even for the last one you pulled on me.”

I stepped away as the two started to fling snow at each other. I climbed up to the top of my safe house and watched the two play in the snow. As I watched three younger ponies trotted up and joined in the fun. They laughed and played, and I watched and wondered. This world was not ready for the likes of me. I was Shinobi, ninja, an assassin in a world that had little to no strife.

I was so deep in thought, I missed the snowball careening toward me. It connected and filled my vision with the white powder. As I scraped the snow off my face I saw all the ponies looking at me in fear. The playing had stopped because they were afraid that they had made the human mad....

I needed a little more fun in my life. Plus I could do with a little winter training.

One of the ponies had ducked under the overhang of the roof and was just asking for the snow dump of the year. So I obliged. I started to push the snow off the roof and dump most of it onto the little filly, all the while packing a snowball of my own. When the snow finished its fall I went airborne and tossed my snowball like one of my knifes. It gently arched through the air and collided with a shocked “Dashy's” face. I rolled across the ground, scooping up more snow as I went. When I hit my feet I held two snowballs and waited for the stunned ponies to move.

Pinky was the first to strike. From her mane, she pulled a cannon and started to stuff snow into the muzzle. While she did this the three fillies pulled their friend from the snow pile and readied their own snowballs and Dashy scooped up a good sized snowball for herself.

“GET THE HUMAN!!!” they all cried together.

Soon I was dodging and weaving, the snowballs whizzing past me as the ponies giggled and laughed. I dipped down every chance I packed and tossed another snowball at one of the ponies or tried to catch one of the snowballs and toss it back. Pinky's cannon became my main target as it fired the largest and most wet projectiles, so I started working toward it with a snowball the size of my head. Before Pinky could react, I used the snowball to clog and snuff the fuse hole. That was when I was tackled into the snow by Dashy.

She jumped up as the rest of them got me with the last few snowballs they had and then proclaimed victory over the funny human. She giggled as I rose, brushed the snow off my gi. I sighed contently as I worked the feeling back into my left hand and worked to fight off the cold from my wet clothing. As I turned to leave they started talking

“What do you say we all go down to Sugarcube Corner and celebrate our victory with hot coco,” Pinky proclaimed.

“What about the human,” Dashy asked.

“He's just going to go into his house and workout some more.”

That made me stop dead. I looked over my shoulder to see that the others had a look of confusion at what she said, but I still had to wait. Just to see what they would say.

“Pinky,” Dashy piped up. “You are so random.”

The five of them trotted off in the direction of town as I watched. I gave the pink one a dark look, wondering if she knew something that I didn't. She was one I would have to keep an eye on, just to be safe.

Once they were out of sight I trudged into my safe house and stripped out of my gi and hung it in front of the fire I had going in the fireplace. Four days and I still hadn't made this place something I could use. The only room I could use was the main room and it was covered in dust, dirt and god only knew what. The bed I had pulled down was no better, I had taken it outside on the first night and beat the dust and dirt out of it before I made to lay in it. I needed supplies and tools, brooms and rags, cleaning chemicals, wood and repair tools. I had lucked out with the paint, but I needed to go out and find these things.

I sighed. I couldn't focus on the problem, I needed to focus on the solution. But first I need to get focused, and the best way I knew to do that was to train. I pushed the bed out of the way and cleared a large area in the center of the room. I started with my stretches, then moved to the workout. I stood on my hands and pushed, keeping balance and doing vertical push-ups then moving to one hand then the other. I tried a one finger push-up, but the strain on my finger was too much and I fell over. Leave it to me to try something I saw on holo-vid.

I moved to the next part, jumping into the rafters of the ceiling, I hooked my feet and hung for a second. I then started to touch my toes. From there I worked every other part of my body, completing my workout portion of my training. The next thing was the katas. As I went through the movements I could feel my body relax.

Sweat covered my body as I sat down and leaned against the bed. I was about to draw a bath when I heard something outside. Voices were coming up the path to where I was staying.

“Are you sure someone will be there,” the first asked. It sounded like a male with a deep, gravely bass voice.

“Yep, the princess said it was just outside Ponyville. An old rundown home. She said we couldn't miss it.” This one was male to, but his was a tenor.

I checked my gi and found it dry. I rushed as I put it on and jumped into the rafters overhead. There I waited for whatever may happen.

“Just knock and announce us before we enter and everything should be fine,” the tenor said.

A heavy knock sounded on the door and I heard the bass call out “Royal Guard, we are here by order of Princess Luna.”

I waited for a second just to see what would happen. The door knob turned and the door was pushed open revealing the forms of two ponies, one an earth pony the other a unicorn. They walked in, looking around for what I could only guess to be me. They were each wearing gold plait armor that covered their back, flank and chest. They each had a helm under one of their forelegs, letting them walk with a bit of a stagger.

“Well somepony's been here.” The earth pony said.

“Look over here,” the unicorn was pointing at the bed. “Now what kind of sword is that?”

On the bed sat my master's katana. Its long, slightly curved blade was sheathed in the dark wood of his home. He told me many things about it, but never where it was. The two walked over to the sword and picked it up. They looked it over with a critical eye as I silently began to cast my spell.

Ghost sounds was a simple trick, but it was so hard to cast. Ever since I had lost my hand and eye, I was slowly losing my spells. I had seen it before in other magic users, but I wanted to see if I could still cast. This world that I landed in was saturated with Path, the air practically pulsed with it. Maybe, just maybe, I could cast my spells once more.

Path was just a term used by spell casters from my world to describe the ambient magic flowing in the air. Most casters call it that, other call it aether or mana. My master called it the Chi of the world. Master had taught me to use the Path like I used my body's chi, to turn and change the world around me.

The Path rippled as I ran my hands through it, forming the spell around my fingers. I could feel the power as my spell finished forming, letting me cast out my true hand. My spell worked, I could feel the sound fill the room. I twisted and moved the sound into words, then unleashed them upon the Guards.

“That is mine,” my spell spoke, booming from all around them. “Why have you invaded my sanctum?”

That made them jump out of there skin. My katana clattered to the floor as it was released from the unicorn's magic. The earth pony bumped into his partner as he backed up, his head snapping around looking for the source of the voice. As they stumbled around looking for me, my spell started to fail, sputtering and making ripples in the path around me.

“We... We are here on orders to bring you to Canterlot,” the unicorn spoke up. “The Princesses would like to meet you.”

I stayed in the rafters as the last of my spell petered out. As that happened I pondered what they said. If the princesses wanted to see him, why hadn't they come and instead sent guards to fetch him? This felt like a trap.

I dropped down from my rafters, silently landing behind them. I stayed in the shadow and worked my way around to their front. I reached out of the shadows and pulled my sword back in with me, I didn't want it to fall into their hooves. Once I had it, I made my move. I wanted answers from them and I knew just how to get them.

I pulled a cord out of my tool belt and readied to move. The unicorn was my first target, I wanted to remove the most resistance and magic users would always pose the biggest problem. I dashed out of the shadows and brought the cord around his hooves, tripping him and sending him to the floor. I then spun and kicked the earth pony hard in the barrel. I heard something pop and he gasped as he slid across the hardwood floor. Turning back to the unicorn, I wrapped the cord around his hooves and tied his legs together. I then dove onto the earth pony.

As we rolled across the floor I drew out one of my knifes and pressed it to his throat. I had everything in hand and as the magi tried to untangle himself from my cord, I readied my next move. The earth pony started to struggle under my knife until I turned him to his companion and firmly grasped his mane. I leaned up so I could whisper into his ear.

“Tell your friend to stand down.”

That got him to stop moving completely. “Don't move, this one's got a knife on me.”

The unicorn looked up and froze.

“Good,” I said. “Now tell me why you are really here.”

“The Princesses wanted an audience, they sent us to fetch you so as to not raise suspicion of the public. With us here it just looks like a removal of a wild human,” his voice broke with his fear as he spoke. His story hadn’t changed, while that could mean it was the truth it could also mean he was a well trained operative. I decided to chance it.

“If this is a trap,” I hissed into his ear. “You will be dead in three heartbeats and your friend over there will meet the same fate in two more.”

Author's Note:

HUGE shout out to Corneredbadger
That guy works his plot off and still helps me with editing.

Anyway, sorry bout the long wait. I just hope this doesn't become a common thing.