• Published 17th Aug 2014
  • 949 Views, 11 Comments

Dashing with Bravery - Flightning



Rainbow Dash is livin a good and free life as the Princess of Cloudsdale. But when she has come of age, she faces the worst time of a mare's life- getting married. At least for Dash. Will she pay the price her freedom will cost?

  • ...
2
 11
 949

Chapter 6: Bear!

Rainbow Dash pointed towards the figure and screamed "BEEEEEEEEAAAAAAARRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!"

The figure turned around, saw a its own shadow of a bear and backed away. The the bear looked at Rainbow Dash. Dash screamed again "AAAAAAAHHHH!!!!!"

The bear was surprised Rainbow didn't recognize it and looked at itself in a mirror. The bear was so shocked at it's reflection that she feld down on the bed. When the bear tried to get up, it hit it's head on the wall. Seeing the actions of the bear, Rainbow realized who the bear was. "Mom, you're a bear! Argh, that gammy witch gave me a gammy spell!"

Firefly glared at Dash. "What? It isn't my fault! I didn't ask her to change you into a BEAR I just wanted her to change...." Rainbow gave an uneasy smile. '......You."

Firefly was so angry that she growled like heck!


Rainbow Blaze and the other ponies downstairs heard the the growl. Rainbow Blaze asked "Did you hear that?"


"Stupid witch. Why didn't she tell me this?! When will this spell end?" Rainbow turned towards her now bear Mom, who was trying to find her robes and crown. "Mom, we gotta get outta here!"

Firefly hesitated.

"Mom, did you forget about Dad? The king? If he sees you like this you're dead!"

Firefly nodded and agreed to escape hesitantly.


Rainbow Blaze and the others went upstairs. The others were just chatting and talking while Blaze kept guard.


"Mom! Come on here! And Stop making those noises!" Rainbow Dash and her Mom walked through a passage way while Firefly held a large plate to cover her body. Finally Dash lost it and whisper-shouted at her mother. "Mom! Why are you holding that plate?! You're not naked! And you weren't when you were a pony as well. It's not like anypony's gonna see you!"

A cream Pegasaus dropped the plate she was holding as she stared at Rainbow and the bear with her. Then she screamed ""AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!"

Dash looked at her Mom and frowned. "Now you've done it."


The screams of the cream Pegasus was stopped when she saw Rainbow Blaze. "What happened Cherry? Why are you looking scared?"

"B-B-B-"

"Spit it out Cherry!"

"A BEEEEEEEEAAAAAARRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!"

"I KNEW IT! CHAAARGE!" All the ponies behind Rainbow Blaze foloowed him, almost trampling Mrs. Cherry alive! They went straight towards the spot where Firefly and Rainbow Dash were. Rainbow Dash saw the huge army and looked at her Mom.

"Mom! Come on! This way!" Rainbow went towards the left into a passage, but when she looked around, she didn't see her Mom. "Oh, FOR THE SAKE OF CELESTIA!!!!!!!"

Firefly went towards the right and into a room. She saw the Trio Playing with the stuff in the room. As soon as the IAT saw the bear, their jaws dropped open.


Rainbow Dash searched everywhere she could. What if her father saw the bear? What if they did something to her? When she went towards the room where her Mom was, she tripped on a trunk kept there.

"Ouch! That's two injuries in a day."

Then, with a bruised hoof, she went into the room. "Finally, there you are!"

The IAT pointed towards the Firefly. Firefly pointed towards them.
Dash sighed. "Look, a witch turned Mom into a bear and it's NOT my fault. I need your help!"

The Trio exchanged glances. Then they turned towards Rainbow Dash and shook their heads.
"Okay, you can have my desserts for two, no, THREE weeks!"
They still shook their heads.
"Okay fine! A year."
The Trio nodded their heads. Like a boss.


Sweet Melody worked with the bear sounds. She screamed into a hollow vessel, which sounded like a bears growl. Sunny worked with the shadowing. She took a wooden bear and placed it in the light in such a way that Rainbow Blaze and his army thought It was the shadow of the bear. "THERE IT IS!!! GO GO GO!!!!!!!!" All of Blaze's army people followed him and charged. Sunny took the wooden bear, lantern and ran around and cleared the coast for Rainbow Dash and Firefly.

Sky High gave the signal to Rainbow and Firefly. "Grunt! Come on!" Rainbow dragged her Mom by force to the kitchen, which was their exit.

Sunny and Melody kept their father and his army busy. Sunny led the army, by the help of the bear shadow, to the top of the castle.
As they all reached the top, they looked around for the bear.
"Why, the beast disappeared into thin air!"
"Maybe something took it."
"A dragon, perhaps!"
Blaze sighed. "Come on, let's go back." He tried to open the exit door, but it didn't budge. "It's locked!"
"Well, that's no problem!" Commander Hurricane stepped forward and flapped his wings. "We Pegasi can fly down in a nick of time!"
"But what about us unicorns?"
"And Earth Ponies?"
Blaze rubbed his chin. "Hmmmmm."


Sunny and Melody took the key of the exit of the roof with them, and met Sky High, Rainbow Dash and Firefly down in the kitchen. The Trio gathered and smiled at their sister and mother.
"Rainbow Dash, remember your promise? Desserts for a year!" Sunny said.
Rainbow rolled her eyes. "Yeah, I do."

Firefly put her paws at her chest and looked at her three daughters affectionaly. She looked like she was about to cry!
"Mom, they will be Okay. Won't you girls?"
The Trio nodded.
Then Rainbow and Firefly turned to leave.
"Oh, and help yourselves to anything you want, as a reward!" Then Rainbow and Firefly left.

The Trio turned around and the first thing they saw to eat was a half eaten cake. They crept up to it and stared at it.

"This looks delicious!"


Rainbow Dash looked around the stones she saw before in disbelief. "Come on Wisps! Come out! Lead me to the witch's cottage!"

Firefly looked at Dash like she was a mad pony. "I was standing right here and the wisps appeared right there and-"

Firefly signalled Rainbow to stop and then she went somewhere like something was leading her somewhere.
"What the hell?" Then Rainbow followed her mother.

After walking for a few minutes, Rainbow recognised the place they were in. "Wait Mom! I remember this place. The witch's cottage is this way!" Dash ran straight ahead until she saw the same old cottage with the thatched roof. She turned to Firefly who was following her. "See? What did I tell ya?"

Then Rainbow Dash stepped inside the cottage, expecting to see weird bear carvings and stuff. But when she entered, there was nothing or no one but darkness. "What? How the hell could this happen?" Then Rainbow remembered what the witch did. "Oh, I got it!"

She went outside for a few seconds and then entered the cottage. But still nothing. "No, there's gotta be some mistake!"
Rainbow Dash tried it many times.

But-
"No."
"No"
"Nono!"

But this time when Dash and Firefly went inside, a bell rang. Suddenly the cauldron in fron of them started to glow. Then who's face but the witch's appeared in front of them! Then she spoke. "Welcome to the Crafty Carver's! Home to bear furniture and decor. I'm completely out of stock at this moment! But if you want bear furniture, pour glass 1 into the cauldron,"

Rainbow and Firefly looked at the set of glasses kept on a table in front of them.

"If you want wooden bear portraits, pour glass 2. If you're that rainbow-maned mare, pour glass 3."

Without wasting another second, Rainbow poured the stuff in glass 3 into the cauldron.

The witch recognised her. "Princess! I don't have a lot of time to talk as I am in Canterlot right now. I won't be back until spring. But there was one bit I forgot to tell ya 'bout the spell. At the second sunrise, your spell will be permanent!"

Rainbow gasped. "So is there any solution for this?"

"Oh, of course there is. Just remember these words: Fate be changed, look inside! Mend the bond, torn by pride."

Rainbow looked confused. "Fate be changed....mend the bond...what the hay does that mean?!"

"One more time! Fate be changed, look inside! Mend the bond, torn by pride."

Rainbow Dash still didn't understand. But this time she listened carefully.

"Okay, tata! Thank you for visiting Crafty Carver's!" Saying this, the witch disappeared.

"No! This can't happen!" Rainbow poured the stuff in the other glass into the cauldron.

"Welcome to the Craft Carver's! Home to..."

"WHAT?! WAIT!!!" Rainbow poured the stuff in all the glasses in panic. But it was of no use. It only made the situation worse!

"Your spell....home to.....blah,blah blah blah......" Then it seemed like the cauldron was about to explode! Firefly hugged Rainbow tight.

"Blah blah blah........have a lovely day!" Then the whole cottage bursted.

Surprisingly, Firefly and Rainbow Dash were pretty much alive.


Rainbow Dash took some wood from the forest and built a small shelter for her and Firefly, as it was raining hard.

After completing the shelter, Rainbow turned to her Mom. "We'll sort it out tomorrow."
Firefly, who didn't seem convinced, just turned her head sideways and fell asleep.

Rainbow sighed. I'm such a jerk. Can't believe I did THIS. What if- oof, forget it Rainbow. Just sleep.

As she slept, many flashbacks came to her mind. She remembered the time when her friends found out she was a Princess.


"Rainbow, so for how many days are you going to Cloudsdale?" Twilight Sparkle asked.
"Uh, actually, I'm going there for, like…forever."
The five ponies were shocked. "FOREVER???!!!"

"Why? Why? WHY?! Why are you leaving us? Is there anything we did? Is it because of my continuos talking? I Pinkie Promise I'll never annoy you again! BUT PLEASE DON'T LEAVE US!!!! You know how much I panicked when you went for your Wonderbolts training thingy!"
"Um, actually, Pinkie, it's not because of you. It's actually-"
"What is it?"
"Are you in the Wonderbolts?"
"Um, Rainbow, just-"
"CUT IT EVERYPONY!!!!!"

The mane 5 stared at Dash blankly. "Okay, I didn't mean to be rude to all of you, it's just…"
"Go on, Rainbow." Applejack assured.
"I'MACTUALLYTHEPRINCESSOFCLOUDSDALEBUTIDIDN'TTELLYOUALLBECAUSE-"
Twilight put her hoof over Rainbow's mouth. "Dash! Tell us slowly!"

Rainbow Dash took in a deep breath. "Okay, fine. I'm actually the Princess of Cloudsdale. I didn't tell-"

She was cut off by Pinkie shouting "WHAT?!"

"I didn't tell you all 'cause of…some reasons."
Applejack raised an eyebrow. "An' what were those reasons?'
"Look, when I was like really small, like 5 years old, a Chimera or Manticore or something attacked my family, so they sent me here to be safe. After some years, I actually forgot about my past life and family and met you guys and…. you know the rest. But today I got a letter from my parents and they told me to go to Cloudsdale, as I have come of age or something. So I am going now. But I will visit you guys every month here!"

The others were dumbfounded by shock. The silence was broken as an announcement was made. "The next train for Cloudsdale is arriving in 20 minutes!"

Then Twilight spoke up. "Wait a sec, let me get this straight. You are a PRINCESS. You came HERE to be safe, as you said. And NOW you're going back. Forever. FOREVER!!!!"
"Yeah, I never told that to y'all as I thought you would never treat me normally. And, I eventually forgot about it."

Pinkie held Rainbow's face in her hooves and shouted in her ears. "RAINBOW DASH!!!! THINK ABOUT US! AND WHAT ABOUT YOUR THRONE IN TWILIGHT'S CASTLE???!!! IT WILL BE EMPTY!! AND IF IT WILL BE EMPTY IWILLREMEMBERYOUANDCRY!!!!!!"

"Whoa, slow down Pinkie!" Rainbow gently shoved Pinkie away from her. "I'm not gonna die you know! I'm just going to Cloudsdale, not to space. Anyway, as I said, I'm gonna visit you every month!" Rainbow assured. "Oh, and for my throne thingy at Twilight's castle-just let Discord have it. Okay, Fluttershy?" Dash turned to Fluttershy, who was quite the whole time and sniffing to herself.

Fluttershy gave a small nod.

Twilight signalled Fluttershy to talk to Rainbow Dash. Fluttershy shaked her head. Twilight glared at her. Fluttershy sighed and flew towards Rainbow Dash. "So, um, Rainbow Dash - I dunno what to talk, you just said everything about yourself, so, I just wanted to ask, uh, are you gonna be okay there?"
"Oh, I'm just gonna be fine. Almost. It's just that I'm gonna miss all of you a lot! Oh, and where's is Scootaloo?"

"She and the Crusaders are in their clubhouse. Sweetie Belle told me they've got some important work to do." Rarity replied. "I cannot BELIEVE they have something so important at the time you're leaving!"

"Oh, Okay." Dash replied, looking kinda sad. "Anyway, the bright side is I'll get more time to practice some new tricks in the nearby forests to impress the Wonderbolts!"
"What? But you're a Princess! You have duties and responsibilities!" Rarity said.
"Whoa Rarity! You're saying that like you're my Mom! Hey, I've got a dream and I'm gonna fulfil it, and nothing can stop me! Especially when I'm so close to it!"

Then suddenly Rarity's face turned red and she bursted into flames. "PUH-LEEZE!!! WHY IS FATE SO CRUEL WITH ME?! YOU TWO, TWILIGHT AND RAINBOW DASH, WHO DON'T EVEN WANT A FANCY AND ROYAL LIFE, HAVE IT!!! AND I DON'T!!!"

Everypony present there stared at Rarity. "Ooops. I guess I just lost it. I'm sorry, Rainbow and Twilight, it's just that I suddenly got jealo-"

She was cut off by a familiar voice shouting "ARE WE LATE? DID RAINBOW DASH GO ALREADY?!" It was the CMC!

"Crusaders? Spike? You're here? I thought Rarity said-" Rainbow turned to Rarity.
"Okay, Rainbow Dash. I lied to you because we have planned a surprise for you." Rarity signalled to Spike. Spike nodded and brought out a small gift box from Scottaloo's Scooter.
Rainbow looked at the box. "Thanks guys! There was no need for this!"
"No need for all that, sugarcube. Just open the box." AJ said.

Rainbow opened the box. The first things she saw were three of the latest Daring Do novels.
"I actually found these in the new library in my castle. I have read these already, so I thought about giving it to you!" Twilight said.
"Wow! I haven't even read any of these! Thanks, egghead Princess Twilight!" Rainbow said jokingly.

The next thing was a rainbow coloured gem. "Lemme guess…this is from Spike, right?" Rainbow said and looked at Spike.
Spike blushed. "I didn't actually know what to give you. But when I found this gem, I tried hard not to eat it and gave it to you!"
"Thanks! Though I'm not a fan of diamonds and stuff, gotta admit, this gem does look kinda awesome!"

One by one Rainbow got crazy, but memorable, gifts. The last one was the Cutie Mark Crusaders' cape. Scootaloo spoke up.
"I had no idea-"
"Ahem!" Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle glared at Scootaloo.
"WE had no idea what to give you. So we thought of giving you something that will remind you of us. Only, Apple Bloom added some more features to that cape!" Sootaloo pointed towards the cape.

The cape had a red lightning bolt in it and a picture of Sweetie Belle, Apple Bloom and Scootaloo.
"Thanks!" Rainbow said, and ruffled Scootaloo's mane.

Suddenly a lightning bolt struck Dash in the wings.
"AAAAHHH!"


"AH!" Rainbow Dash got up as pain shot through her broken wing. "Phew! It was only a dream. Ow! That wing is paining more than ever!" Then she looked at the sky. It was stormy. The sky was lit up by lightning. Rainbow went back to sleep. This time, she remembered a night. A night just like this one. But a better one.


Firefly was embroidering her tapestry and singing a lullaby while filly Rainbow Dash played with her toys. It was stormy outside.

"Our young lady, grow and see

Your land, your own faithful land"

RUMBLE!

Rainbow Dash heard the sound of thunder, screamed and went in her mother's lap. Firefly chuckled. "Oh, you little scaredy cat! Whether anything comes you may not fear, I'll always be right here." Rainbow Dash smiled and hugged her Mom. Then they both sang together.

"Little baby, here my voice
I'm beside you, O maiden fair
Our young lady, grow and see
Your land, your own faithful land
Celestia and Luna, guide us
To the hour of our glory and honour
Little Baby, our young lady
Noble Maiden fair..."


Author's Note:

Phew! This chapter was REALLY long. And awesome! Kind of. Anyway, the part where In her dream a lightning bolt struck Rainbow Dash, was not real. The real thing was Scootaloo just hugs Rainbow Dash, all the sappy stuff happens, and Rainbow goes to Cloudsdale for good. Lame backstory, right? :twilightblush:I will accept critics. Just tell me if I'm bad at anything, and I'll try to improve it. BTW, I just wanna ask: Is it illegal to write song lyrics? In a different way? Because I really wanted to add Noble Maiden Fair. That song was just… beautiful! :pinkiesad2: It made me cry! I changed some things in the song. Actually, only two things: The sun and moon part. :twilightsheepish:

Anyway, hope you enjoyed it! :twilightsmile:

PS. Wanna know how Rainbow Blaze and the others got down from the roof? Oh, GOD DAMMIT JUST WATCH THE MOVIE!!!!!!