• Published 17th Aug 2014
  • 949 Views, 11 Comments

Dashing with Bravery - Flightning



Rainbow Dash is livin a good and free life as the Princess of Cloudsdale. But when she has come of age, she faces the worst time of a mare's life- getting married. At least for Dash. Will she pay the price her freedom will cost?

  • ...
2
 11
 949

Chapter 5: The Witch's Cottage

A streak of a rainbow and a flying turtle passed through the deep and dark Whitetail woods. It was now cloudy. Rainbow Dash flew as fast as she can while hot tears escaped her eyes. "How can Mom do this to me?! Does she even care about me? My feelings? My dreams? Anything?! Is she even my mom or what?! How can she ju-" Rainbow didn't look where she was going and she hit a tree branch and fell to the ground. "Ow! Oh shit." She looked at one of her wings which was kinda broken. Then she looked around and started to panic. "Tank? Tank! Where are you?" But she was soon relieved as she saw Tank slowly flying towards her.

"Ah! There you are! But what is this place?" She looked at the huge stones in front of her. "Shit! I never knew there was a place like this! How come-" She stopped as she saw a small, blue floating figure. This seemed familiar! Rainbow went towards the figure and as soon as she tried to catch it, it disappeared. "The Will-o'-the-wisps!" Then she saw a long trail of the Wisps. "Come on Tank." Tank just curled up inside his shell.

"Tank!"

No reply.

"Forget it." Rainbow turned towards the Wisps and followed the trail. As soon as she neared the last Wisp, it disappeared.

No more Wisps.

Rainbow saw a small cottage with a thatched roof in front of her. "Why would the Wisps lead me here?" She proceeded towards the cottage. As soon as she entered the cottage a bell ringed. She looked around the place. It was filled with bear carvings and bear stuff.
"Uh....."

"Oh, you can see whatever you like. Everything is half off!" An old voice spoke. Rainbow turned around and saw and old unicorn carving something.

"Who are you?"

"Just an old wood carver."

Rainbow picked up a pot with the face of a bear carved on it. "Um.....I don't understand- Gasp!" The unicorn startled her.

"Do you like it? Perhaps you can take this see-saw to brighten up any damn chamber!" The old unicorn said as she pointed toward a small wooden toy-looking type with two bears on a see-saw.
"But the Will-o'-the-wisps, they lead me-"
"Oh, this is one of a kind!" The unicorn pointed towards a wooden portrait with bears carved on it. "It's a really good one, you'll never find anything like it anywhere!" Then the unicorn saw Rainbow staring at a crow. "Oh, a-a-a-a, that's that, heh heh."

As soon as RD tried to touch the crow's beak, the crow snapped it's beak and talked! "Stop it."
Rainbow backed off in shock. "The c-crows talking!"
"That's all I can do. Lalalalalalalalaal-" A broom knocked off the crow. Assuming the crow was dead, the broom started sweeping it. The crow quickly recovered and snarled at the the broom, much to the broom's shock.

Seeing all this, Rainbow exclaimed. "You're a WITCH!"
"Wood carver."
"That's why the the Wisps led me here!"
"Wood carver!"
"You'll change my fate!"
"WOOD CARVER!!"
"You see, it's my mother-"
"I'M NOT A WITCH! To many unsatisfied customers!" The unicorn said as she pointed a knife towards Rainbow Dash.

Then the Unicorn became all friendly like. "If you're not going to buy anything……GET OUT!" A silver aura came out of the unicorn's horn and she picked up several sharp objects and then she went towards Rainbow Dash.
"No, the Wisps led me here!" Rainbow said as she backed off.
"I DON'T CARE! GET OUT! GET OUT SHOO! GET RID OFF WITH Y-"
"I'll buy it all!" Rainbow shouted finally.
"Wait, wh-what was that?"
"Every carving."
"Heh heh, and how are you going to pay for that, sweetie?"
"With this." Rainbow took out the pendant she was wearing held it towards the old unicorn.
"My, thats lovely that is!" The unicorn tried to grab the pendant but Rainbow took it back.
"Every carving and, one, spell."
"Hmm. DEAL!" The unicorn took Rainbow out of the cottage. "Never conjour where you carve! Very important." The witch (I'm gonna call the unicorn the witch now.) opened the door of the cottage. This time, it was dark inside the cottage and there was a huge cauldron inside the cottage.

"Last time I did this for another Princess! She demanded demanded she wanted to rule the whole Equestria. When I asked her what would she give me in return, she gave me this," The witch showed Rainbow a necklace with the crescent moon on it. "For a spell. A spell that would change her fate."

Rainbow looked at the necklace closely. "And did she get what she was after?"

"Oh of course she did. Now let's get started with you!" The witch went towards the huge cauldron and threw many odd things in it like a lizard, some dirt and then whispered something into the talking crow's ear. The crow nodded and flew towards Rainbow Dash. Then he plucked out a small piece out of Rainbow's multicoloured mane with his break.

"Ow! That hurts you know!"

The crow handed over the piece to the witch. She smiled and added the piece to the cauldron. Then she started mixing it. Rainbow came over to see what was happening and stared at the odd mixture. The Witch then put a mask on her face. She did the same with the talking crow. Rainbow still stared at the cauldron as it started to glow. "What the-" The witch covered RD's eyes before she could say anything else. Then the mixture in the cauldron beamed brighter and brighter till it like blasted out light.

"Ah, now what have we here?" The witch took out something from the bubbling mixture. She then placed it on a table. It was a cake!

Rainbow Dash looked at it in disbelief. "A.....cake?"
The witch glared at Rainbow. "You don't want it?"
"Yes! I want it! But....you're sure if I give THIS to my Mom, it would change my fate?"
"Oh, of course! It will do the trick."

Rainbow went out and took the cake in a small plastic bag and smiled.

"Enjoy your spell! You'll get the rest of your delivery within a fortnight!" Then the Witch tried to remember something. "Oh..oh, um, what was that thing About the spell?!"
"Did you say something about...." Rainbow turned around but instead of a cottage she saw nothing. "…The spell? Was I dreaming? But the cake is still here! Anyways."
She went towards the stones and saw Tank still curled up in his shell. "Come on Tank. We're going back."


Rainbow Dash entered the kitchen room and looked around to make sure she was alone. The she took a tray, poured some tea in a cup, and placed they're tea, cake and a fork in the tray. Just then, Firefly entered the kitchen. "Rainbow Dash!" She went towards Rainbow and looked at her affectionaly. "I've been worried sick of you! What did you think…where did you, oh, look at your dress!"
Firefly looked at Rainbow's dress which was looking worse than ever.

"Oh, um, that, uh, I kinda fell down. But I'm not hurt!" Rainbow Dash tried to hide her broken wing and plastered a fake smile on her face.

"Well, you're home now. So that's the end of it."
Rainbow's eyes lit up. "Honestly?!"
"I've pacified the lords for now. You're father's like, well, entertaining them! Of course we both know a decision still has to be made."
Rainbow's smile quickly faded into a frown. Then she remembered the cake. She took the cake and held it towards her Mom.

"For me?!"
"Meh, I just read a new, um, recipe somewhere and so I made this specially for you!"
"Thank you. I can't believe you actually got interested in cooking!"
"Well, I guess I just remembered Pinkie and made this cake. Now Mom, eat it fast! I can't wait to see if you like my recipe thingy!"

Firefly ate a piece of the cake. Suddenly her face became like she had eaten something really bitter or something like that. "Interesting…flavour!"
"So do you feel anything new? Different?"
"Geamy!" Firefly quickly took some water and drank it.
"So, have you changed your mind about the marriage and getting me into the Wonderbolts and things?"
"Ah, now that feels better. Now, let's go out and discuss the matter with the lords!" Firefly said as if she didn't hear a word Rainbow said.
Suddenly as Rainbow and Firefly were proceeding towards Firefly went dizzy. "Rainbow Dash!"
"Mom! What happened?"
"I don't know. I'm suddenly feeling a little dizzy and sick."
"So have you changed your mind?"
"RAINBOW DASH! Oh just help me to my room."

As Rainbow helped her Mom to her bedroom upstairs, the lords saw Firefly and ran towards her.
"My lady! What have you thought? Will my son marry your daughter?"
"No, MY son will! My lady you see-"
"Lords, I'm completely out of sort at this moment. But you shall have answer-" Then Firefly let out a big burp, much to the lords disgust." Presently. Now if you'll all, excuse us!"


Rainbow Dash covered her Mom with a blanket. "It's gonna be alright Mom. As soon as you will be well, you could tell your opinion about the marriage!"
"WHAT was in DAT CAKE???!!!!!!!"
"Cake?!"
Then Firefly just fell down from her bed.
"Uh, Mom? Sooooo……I'll tell them the wedding's off then!"

No reply came. Only groaning.

"Uh, Mom?!" Rainbow went to see what happened to her mother.

Again no reply came. Only more strange noises.

"Mom?"

Just then, from the blanket rose a tall, black figure with sharp claws instead of hooves. As soon as Rainbow saw what was in fron of her, she backed away in fright. "AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

The figure walked towards her.

"BEEEEEAAAAAAARRRRR!!!!!!!!!"