• Published 17th Aug 2014
  • 949 Views, 11 Comments

Dashing with Bravery - Flightning



Rainbow Dash is livin a good and free life as the Princess of Cloudsdale. But when she has come of age, she faces the worst time of a mare's life- getting married. At least for Dash. Will she pay the price her freedom will cost?

  • ...
2
 11
 949

Chapter 3: The Suitors

"&£%#*+€$@" Firefly was in her room, working on the family tapestry she had been working on for years and muttering.
"You're muttering!" Rainbow Blaze said as he entered the room.
"I don't mutter."
"Yeah right. You muttered last when something was troubling you!"
"Stuborness. She is gone towards your side of the family."Firefly said.
"Speak to her dear."
"I DO speak to her! But she just DOESN'T LISTEN!"
Rainbow Blaze sat down. "Okay. Pretend I'm Rainbow Dash. Speak to me!"
"Comet! I can't do this!"
"Sure you can! Just give it a try!"
Then Firefly pretended to frown.

"There! There! That's my Queen!" Then Blaze took in a deep breath and spoke in a girlish voice. "I don't wanna get married I want my mane flowing in the wind, flying out towards the sunset!"

Firefly seemed amused, and then she spoke. "Rainbow Dash, all this work, all the time's been preparing you, schooling you, giving you everything we never had. I ask you what do you expect us to do?"

"CALL OFF THE GATHERING!" Rainbow Dash said to herself while kicking some clouds. "Would that kill them? You're the Queen, you could just tell the lords the princess is not ready for this, who, in fact, might not EVER be ready for this, so that's that, bye bye to you!"

"I understand this might all seem, well, unfair," Then Firefly let her voice low. "Even I've had some serious issues myself!" Rainbow Blaze became a bit suspicious. "But we can't run away from who we are!"
"I don't want my life to be over! I want to live my dream! I want some freedom!"
"But are you willing to pay the price your freedom will cost?"
"I'm not doing any of this to hurt you!"
"If you could just.....try to see what I do, I do out of love!"
"But it's my life it's......" Rainbow sighed. ".......I'm just not ready."
"I think you will understand......"
"I think I can make you understand if you would just....."
"Listen."
"Listen!"

Tank just blinked. Rainbow just sighed again and looked up at the sky. "Well, my bad luck. But I swear, Tank, whatever I said is not going to happen in a hundred years." Then she just nudged Tank.


Today was the big day.
A Parachute with a proud Unicorn stallion sitting in it was rising up from some clouds. Then some drums began to beat. The Unicorn looked in surprise at his left and saw a parachute with an Earth Pony stallion holding up his head proudly. His fellow stallions shouted "MACINTOSH!"

Then the Unicorn heard some trumpet noises and turned right and to his right and to his surprise he saw another parachute with a Pegasaus holding his head up proudly. Like before, the Pegasaus' fellow stallions shouted "HURRICANE!"

Then the Unicorn turned to his fellow stallions and shouted out his clan's name. "BLUEBLOOD!" His fellow stallions repeated the same. Then the parachutes of the three clans went towards the castle of the Royals of Cloudsdale.

Meanwhile, Firefly was getting Rainbow Dash ready for the big day. She brushed RD's messy mane, adjusted her dress and packed RD's wings in the dress. Firefly finished off by hanging a pendant around Rainbow's neck.
"So, how does it feel?" Firefly asked, looking pleased.
"I can't BREATHE!" Rainbow said, trying to inhale some air.
"Oh shush. Now give us a turn!"
"I can't move! It's to tight!" Rainbow turned around like a chicken who can't walk.
"You look beautiful!" Firefly gushed. That's when she suddenly got all emotional and took a step towards Rainbow Dash.
'Rainbow Dash....."
"Mom?" Rainbow expected to hear something sappy or something.
"Just........remember to smile." Then Firefly walked out of the room.
Rainbow Dash just stared straight. "What dafaq just happened?"


The preparations were going on well. Everyone was buzzing around with excitement! Firefly was in charge of everything. "Places everyone! Places!" Just then Rainbow Dash came there with a frown on her face and sat on the seat she had to sit on. Firefly came and adjusted the short red strand of Rainbow's mane hanging in front of her forehead. Firefly adjusted the strand with the neatly tied rainbow coloured mane and went to her seat. As soon as Firefly went, Rainbow just glared at her mother and pulled out the red strand.

Suddenly, the three clans bursted in and stood before the Royals. Commander Hurricane, being the shortest one, said "Aye." A servant brought a stool and Hurricane stood on it.

Rainbow Blaze stood up from his seat. "So.....um....here we are! The....meeting of.....the...clans...and..a"
Firefly placed her hoof over her head and came to RB's rescue.
"The presentation of the suitors!"
"The presentation of the suitors." Blaze repeated.

Everypony cheered.

"Clan Macintosh, begin."

Lord Macintosh stepped forward and began his presentation. "Your majesty, I present my oldest son," A healthy crimson coloured stallion came forward. "He scuffled the enemy tribes and that too with his bare hooves!" As soon as his father said these words, Small Macintosh broke a thick tree branch with his bare hooves.

"Clan Blueblood."

"Your majesty, may I present my son and heir, who finished off the invading Buffalo Tribes just with his sword!" After Lord Blueblood finished, a handsome young stallion (if you want to call it like that) showed of his fencing skills.

Rainbow Dash just rolled her eyes and covered them with her hooves. 'He's a unicorn. Duh! Of course he can finish anypony off with his magic. This is so not impressive.' She thought to herself.

"And Clan Hurricane." Rainbow Blaze said, looking kinda bored.

"Your majesty, I present my only son," Commander Hurricane said and pointed towards a huge stallion with a LOT of muscles. Rainbow Dash uncovered her eyes and was shocked! Even her parents were shocked! "He drove away the Griffons like this: With one hoof he-" He looked to his right, frowned, and pulled a wimpy looking stallion from behind the muscle stallion. Then he raised up the wimpy stallion's arm and continued, " With one hoof, he punched one Griffon ten times, and with the other, he held his mighty sword, and slayed all the Griffons in one second."

"Lies!" some pony shouted.

Commander Hurricane's ears pricked and he searched around for the pony who said that. "Lies! I heard that! Show your face!" Or are you a little, scaredy kitten, afraid to show your pretty heir?" he teased.

Lord Blueblood stepped forward. "Atleast WE have heir!"

"As if we don't!" Lord Macintosh said. Even Small Mac said, something. "Fgvdfhhbhujjuuguiimhgjh!"

No pony understood a word. Awkward silence.

Finally Lord Blueblood spoke. "Well, at least we're not short and skimpy like you little troll!"

Every pony laughed at that little joke, including RB. He was laughing like a madpony!

"You wanna laugh, eh? SMALL TORNADO!" The wimpy stallion's ears pricked up. Then he flew over and started biting Lord Blueblood like a squirrel!
And then a mini war ensued!

Rainbow Blaze was watching it like he was watching a football match! "Yeah! Kill him! Way to g-" Firefly glanced at him.
"Oh, alright." Then he got up from his throne and shouted "CUT IT!"

Everypony stopped fighting.

"What are you doing? You're here for my daughter's hand, not to start a war! Show a little decorum." While their father was saying his stuff, the IAT crept up from a drain hole and hit Commander Hurricane's foreleg with a club.

SWACK!
"AAAAAAAAAAHHH-" He was stopped by Prince Blueblood punching him. Then the war ensued.

Again!

This time, Blaze lost control and jumped over 10 stallions and joined the war!

Firefly put her hoof over her forehead and got up. As she proceeded, the war's anger became cooler, and cooler until-

"Ow! Ouch! Shit!" Firefly grabbed her husband and the lords by their ears. Then she released them and went towards her throne and stood there.

"I'm sorry dear I-, OK, fine." Rainbow Blaze went to his throne and gave the lords the evil eye.

Then Firefly spoke. "Now, where were we? Ah, yes, in accordance to our laws, by the rights of our heritage, only the first born of each of the great leaders may be presented as suitors,"

At this part, Rainbow's ears pricked up. "First born?"

"The suitors must prove their worth by the use of strength or hooves in the games,"

Suddenly a lighbulb lit up in RD's mind.

"It is customary that the game should be chooses by the princess herself-"

"ARCHERY! Archery!" All eyes looked at Rainbow Dash.

Then Rainbow Dash stood in a royal lady-like pose. "I choose archery."

Firefly smiled at Rainbow and turned to the clans

"Let the games BEGIN!"

Author's Note:

So, this was easy! And Prince Blueblood is also part of the suitors. And, This might not be THAT good, but still, it's my first story! And, BTW, I'm and Indian, so bear with me with the grammatical mistakes and all! BTW, Lemme get one thing straight: The Macintosh clan is NOT consisting of Big Mac.