• Published 17th Aug 2014
  • 949 Views, 11 Comments

Dashing with Bravery - Flightning



Rainbow Dash is livin a good and free life as the Princess of Cloudsdale. But when she has come of age, she faces the worst time of a mare's life- getting married. At least for Dash. Will she pay the price her freedom will cost?

  • ...
2
 11
 949

Chapter 1: Prolougue

In the Whitetail Woods was the campsite of the Royals of Cloudsdale. There the Queen was playing hide and seek with her daughter.

"Where are you? Come out, come out! Come out now!" A filly with a rainbow coloured mane was hiding just under the table where Firefly was searching near and giggling.

"Come on I'm gonna GET YOU!" She looked under the table she was standing near, but the filly had already escaped. "Hmm. Where is my little birthday girl? I'm going to GOBBLE HER UP WHEN I FIND HER!" The filly was just near Firefly and as she was about to escape- "GOTCHA!" Firefly grabbed the filly and began tickling her.
"Mom! Stop it!" the filly said in the middle of giggles as she tried to break free. Suddenly, a violet stallion with a rainbow coloured mane, similar to the filly, put down his weapons on the table.
"Rainbow Blaze! No weapons on the table." Firefly said in disgust to her husband.

The filly ran to her father and saw the weapons. "Oooh, Dad, can I have something like that?!" She asked, picking up the weapon.
"Why not? Use your very own!" Rainbow Blaze said, handing her a mini bow and arrow. "Happy birthday Rainbow Darlin'!"


Rainbow Dash aimed the arrow to the target point. "Now, just concentrate on the target." Her father told her. " Stretch the arrow backward, and- RELEASE!" As RD released it, the arrow went somewhere into the deep into the forest.

"I missed."

"Go and fetch it then! " Her mother assured her. As soon as Rainbow was out of sight, Firefly looked at Rainbow Blaze in disgust. "A BOW, Blaze? She's a lady!" Blaze just playfully punched her and laughed.

"Oh come on! She needs training to become a warrior one day!" RB joked.

Rainbow Dash looked around in wonder as she searched around for her arrow. Suddenly, she found it . It was stuck onto a tree branch. As she pulled it out, she heard a noise. Rainbow looked around. There, at the back of her, was a floating like blue creature. "A Will-o'-the-wisp!" she whispered under her breath. As soon as she tried to catch it, it disappeared. "They are real!" She flew back to the camp as fast as she could and shouted "I SAW A WISP!" then she panted and repeated "I saw a wisp.

Firefly was looking amazed. "You saw a wisp?! You know some say, the Will-o'-the-wisp's, lead you to your fate.

"Or an arrow!" Rainbow Blaze interrupted. "Come on let's go. Before we see a dancing lion. Or a giant......" he continued.

Firefly just rolled her eyes. "Your father doesn't believe in, well, things that seem impossible. Though nothing is impossible in Equestria!" she chuckled.

"Well he should believe cause it's real!" RD said. Suddenly, Rainbow Dash saw a dark being overshadowed the mother and daughter. "AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!"she screamed.

The others became aware. "Mordu! ATTACK!" Blaze cried. All the guards attacked the beast, but were defeated. Firefly carried Dash onto her back and flew away as fast as she could, while Rainbow watched her father's defeat in disbelief. Then Blaze himself faced the beast and screamed at the top of his lungs. "COME ON YOU!" The beast led out a bloodcurdling roar and attacked the purple pegasaus.

Author's Note:

Well, the starting might have been almost exactly same to the movies starting! But the future chapters are going to be different. And for the record, NOPONY died or dies in this story. I guess. Oh, and as this is my first story, I know it sucks! :twilightblush: Well, hope y'all enjoyed it! :twilightsmile: :pinkiehappy: