• Published 12th Aug 2014
  • 1,276 Views, 29 Comments

Thunderlane's New Life - The Delirium



Quit Your Job. Leave Ponyville Forever. Date Gilda the Griffon. allow Thunderlane as he does all of these things in his new life!

  • ...
4
 29
 1,276

A Date With A Beak And Claws

Thunderlane had had a long day. He and Gilda had spent hours working on Special Delivery’s “odd jobs.” That included pushing an ungrateful pegasi out of an air duct, tracking down a misplaced box with a pony inside, and giving a hooficure to Special Delivery’s marefriend. Thunderlane and Gilda were exhausted to say the least. It was eight at night by the time the two returned to the shop. Special needed to close up, so he gave them their money and hustled them out the door. He quickly flew off, leaving Thunderlane and Gilda alone.

“So…” Thunderlane said awkwardly. “You going home?”

“I guess. It’s not like I’ve got anything better to do.” Gilda began to walk away as Thunderlane watched her go.

“Wait, Gilda!” He yelled, making her turn around. “I saw this pizza place last time I was in the city. It was closed when I got to it, but it should be open now.”

“What’s your point?”

”I was wondering if maybe you would like to come with me to try it out.”

“You mean, like on a date?” she said, blushing.

“No, no! It would be just two friends trying out a new restaurant.” Thunderlane didn’t know if it was real, but he thought he saw Gilda frown slightly when he said that. “That is, unless you want it to be.” Gilda instantly perked up and flashed a small grin.

“Sure, if you’re paying.”

Thunderlane and Gilda flapped their wings and shot into the air. They moved quickly through the night sky and the city lights illuminated the clouds beneath them. Eventually, they made it to the city block which housed the pizza restaurant. The two made a soft landing near the entrance and walked inside. The joint was busy, but not completely packed. Thunderlane and Gilda didn’t have much time to look around before a waiter approached them.

“Hello, hello.” The waiter began. “My name is Silver Platter. Allow me to take you to your table.” Thunderlane and Gilda followed their waiter until he reached a small table in the back. The two sat down as Silver Platter handed them their menus. “What can I get you to drink?”

“I,ll just have a cherry coke.” replied Thunderlane. He and Silver Platter then looked at Gilda.

“Same.” She said while glancing at the menu.

“Alright, I’ll be right back with your drinks and to take your orders.” Silver Platter walked away and Gilda turned her attention to Thunderlane.

“So…” She began. “How are you liking Cloudsdale?”

"It's fine. The city's busy as always. You know, I used to live here when I was a colt."

"Really? Why'd you move?"

"My little brother, Rumble. After he was born our parents decided they wanted to live somewhere less..." Thunderlane paused, trying to think of the right word.

"Hectic?"

"Exactly. Where did you move here from?"

"Huh?"

"I assume you weren't born in Cloudsdale, so I want to know here you're from."

"Actually, I was. I am a Cloudsdale griffon through and through."

"Wow." A long period of silence passed over the two until Silver Platter came back with their drinks.

"Miss, what do you like to try tonight?" Gilda glanced and Thunderlane before answering the waiter.

"My date and I will just share a large cheese pizza."

"Got it. One large cheese pizza coming up!" Silver Platter left the table and disappeared through the kitchen doors.

"Gilda, I've been meaning to ask you this. How long have you worked for Special Delivery?"

"A little over a year. I was actually planning on moving to Ponyville so I spend time with an old friend, but we sort of had a falling out. The problem was I already quit my job because I didn't think I need it anymore. I applied for the first job I stumbled upon and that was or Special Delivery." After finishing her story, Gilda was surprised to see Thunderlane staring angrily down at the table.

"I think I remember you. You're the griffon Rainbow Dash brought to town that got angry and ruined one of Pinkie Pie's party."

"Yeah, that's me."

"Rainbow Dash was one of the reasons I just moved back here."

"Really?"

"Yep. I used to work for her back in Ponyville. Her and all of my other friends treated me like dirt."

"So we both hate Rainbow Dash. I think I like you ten times more! Hey, Thunderlane. How about we get out of here and go have some fun?"

"What about the pizza?" Gilda grabbed Thunderlane's hoof in her claw and stared into his eyes.

"Oh well." Gilda, still holding Thunderlane's hoof, yanked him out of his seat and towards the door. The two exited the restaurant, unfurled their wings, and shot into the air. The feeling of the cool night wind against Thunderlane's feathers made him sigh in content.

"So, Gilda. Where are we headed?" Gilda looked back at him with a mischievous grin.

"Oh, you'll see." The pair flew for a while longer before Gilda led Thunderlane to the residential part of the city. They touched down in the backyard of a blue and white house.

"What are we doing here?"

"Shhhhh! You'll find out soon enough, but you have to be quiet. Quick, hide!" Gilda immediately jumped into a nearby bush and Thunderlane followed her soon after. Just then, the back door to the house opened and Special Delivery walked out.

"This is Special's house." Thunderlane whispered. "Why are we even here?" He looked over at Gilda and saw that she was still smirking.

"Watch this." Gilda waited until Special passed the bush they were hiding in to spring up and give a mighty roar. Special Delivery screamed for his life and fell into his own pool. Gilda started laughing hysterically as Thunderlane popped up from behind the bush.

"Gilda!" Special screamed from in his pool. "I told you stop doing that! I would so fire you if you weren't my best employee." Special turned his head and saw Thunderlane beginning to chuckle. "I see you brought the newbie with you. Just great." Special climbed out of the pool and grabbed a towel. "Seriously, I better not see you here again or I'll cut your pay in half. That goes for you too, Thunderlane." Special walked back inside his house and slammed the backyard door.

"i have to admit, that was pretty funny, Gilda."

"I know, right. By now I thought he would dig up this bush, so I couldn't his in it anymore."

"How many times exactly have you done this?"

"Only about twenty." The griffon and pony were sent into another found of laughter. Gilda laughed so hard she lost balance and tripped onto Thunderlane. The two fell to the ground and Gilda landed on top of her.

"Gilda?" Thunderlane asked, blushing.

"Ya" She replied, blushing just as much.

"I think I..." Thunderlane was stopped when Gilda put her beak to his mouth and kissed him deeply. Thunderlane eagerly returned the kiss and broke it off after a minute. "Does this mean we're dating?" Gilda rested her head on Thunderlane's chest and looked him in the eyes.

"It does if you want it to be." Gilda got her answer when Thunderlane engaged them in another passionate kiss.