• Published 12th Aug 2014
  • 1,281 Views, 29 Comments

Thunderlane's New Life - The Delirium



Quit Your Job. Leave Ponyville Forever. Date Gilda the Griffon. allow Thunderlane as he does all of these things in his new life!

  • ...
4
 29
 1,281

Adventures in Trottingham

Blossomorth was not sure where exactly she was. The last thing she remembered was getting onto a train to Trottingham. However, now she found herself in a dark room with no furniture. Blossomforth frantically looked around for anything at all, but she couldn't see anything in the pitch black room. Suddenly, a bright light appeared behind her and she quickly turned around. Blossomforth was astounded to see Thunderlane standing there, with a spotlight illuminating his position in the room.

"Thunderlane!" She called as she flapped her wings and flew towards him. Blossomforth didn't make it though, for right when she was about to reach Thunderlane, she slammed into an invisible wall. The impact knocked her back a couple of feet and she landed on her flank. Blossomforth winced in pain as Thunderlane began to laugh. "Thunderlane, what's going on? Where are we?" Thunderlane instantly sopped laughing and stared at Blossomfoth with a look of pure hatred.

"What makes you think you can talk to me?"

"What do you mean, Thunder? We're friends."

"Friends!? We're not friends! Friends don't treat friends like garbage and use them to get whatever they want."

"What are you talking about?" Blossomforth asked shakily.

"Let's take a look at just last week. You take the last sweater, then let me freeze to death during work. After that, you let me take the blame for being late. On the same day, you ditch me at a bar and have me pay for your drinks. And that was just Wednesday!"

"I...I'm...sorry."

"Oh, you're sorry. Well, Blossomforth, sorry won't cut it. I'm done with you." Just then, the spotlight disappeared and Thunderlane was hidden by darkness.

"No, Thunderlane come back!" Blossomforth screamed as she lunged forward. She once again hit the same invisible wall. She fell back as the sound of Thunderlane's laughter filled her ears. The laughing echoed loudly through the room as Blossomforth began to weep. "Please, Thunderlane. Make it stop!"

Blossomforth gasped and woke up with a jolt and looked around. She appeared to be on a train. Other passengers were there, but didn't seem to notice her.

"Next stop..." said a voice from the speaker on the train. "Trottingham." Blossomforth allowed her self to calm down as she processed the information.

"Ok." She thought. "It was just a dream."

Soon Blossomforth's train arrived in Trottingham and it was time for her to get off. As she stepped off of the train and onto the platform, Blossomforth couldn't help but recall the nightmare she had on the way there. She shuddered at the memory of the dream, but soon turned her attention to something else, finding Thunderlane. Trottingham was a rather large city, so she needed to cover a lot of ground that day. Blossomforth quickly unfurled her wings and flapped them, launching her into the sky. She glided away from the train station and to the heart of the city.

"Don't worry, Thunderalne." She said out loud. "I'll find you."


Three hours had passed since Blossomforth began her search for her missing friend in Trottingham, yet she wasn't a step closer to finding Thunderlane than when she started. The poor mare had been flying all over the city, desperately searching the ground below for a glimpse of black fur and an icy colored mohawk. Blossomforth was starting to get tired and her wings were terribly cramped. She decided to take a break at a local park. After hours of flight, Blossomforth finally landed and trotted to a nearby bench. She almost collapsed on to it when she went to sit down. Blossomforth immediately closed her eyes and began to drift off, but she snapped to attention when a voice came from behind her. Blossomforth turned around and saw a yellow pegasus with mint closed mane standing behind her. Bloosomforth recognized the pony as Sunshower Raindrops, a fellow member of the weather patrol.

"Raindrops, what are you doing here?"

"I'm visiting my family, remember? I told you about it before I left. Actually, a lot of ponies are out of town, like Cloudkicker and Thunderlane."

"Did you say Thunderlane? I didn't know you knew him."

"Sure do. He was my wingpony back at the Wonderbolts Academy. Anyways, I saw him in Clousdsdale a few days ago. I didn't know he had family up there. Did you know that...." Raindrops couldn't continue as she was cut off when Blossomforth raced passed her.

"Sorry, Raindrops, but I have to get to Cloudsdale!"


"What do you mean there are no trains out of Trottingham today!?"

Blossomforth was severely agitated at the moment. When she he heard that Thunderlane was in Clousdsdale, she immediately went to the train station to buy a ticket back to Ponyville. Blossomforth couldn't fly all the way to Cloudsdale from Trottinham, but it would only take her a couple of hours to do so from Ponyville. Unfortunately, the pony at the ticket counter had told Blossomforth that all of the trains departing form the city had already left.

"I'm sorry, but the last train departing from Trottingham left just a couple of minutes ago."

"That can't be! I looked at the train schedule and it said the last train was departing at 5:05. Right now, it is only 5:00. Care to explain that?"

"Yes, you seem to still be on Ponyville time."

"What?"

"You do know that Ponyville and Trottingham are in different time zones, don't you? Our time is an hour ahead."

"Oh. Then, never mind."

Blossomforth walked away from the ticket counter and out of the train station. She just kept on walking and waling, not caring where she was going. She was the only one of her friends that knew where Thunderlane was, but she was the only one that couldn't get to him. She sighed and continued walking until she ran right into a pole. Blossomforth fell back and heard laughing coming from behind her. She turned around and saw a young colt and an older filly laughing hysterically.

"What's so funny!?" Blossomforth demanded. "So, I ran into a pole. It could have happened to either one of you two." The ponies stopped laughing and flinched like her words hurt. Seeing their expressions, Blossomforth sighed and softened her tone. "I'm sorry for yelling, but I'm just not having that good of a d..." Blossomforth was cut off when the filly took out a water balloon and threw it in her face. It hit it's target and splashed water all over Blossomforth. The impact momentarily blinded her and the colt and filly used the opportunity to run away, laughing. Once they were gone, Blossomforth was left alone, dripping wet. "I hate this city!"

Author's Note:

I would like to thank a few people:

# SageBrony07

# Everyone who has favourited one of my stories

# All of my followers, especially Arya Stark and Derpyditzydoobubbles

# The red knight

You guys are the best!