• Published 12th Aug 2014
  • 1,276 Views, 29 Comments

Thunderlane's New Life - The Delirium



Quit Your Job. Leave Ponyville Forever. Date Gilda the Griffon. allow Thunderlane as he does all of these things in his new life!

  • ...
4
 29
 1,276

The Worst Apology

Thunderlane was irritated when he woke up to the sound of a beeping alarm clock. He reached his hoof out to press the snooze button, but was surprised when he couldn't find it. Actually, he was surprised because he didn't even own an alarm clock. He peeled his eyes open and immediately saw that he was not in his own bed.

"Oh yeah, I forgot." Thunderlane thought. "I'm living with Soarin." Thunderlane closed his eyes once more and turned over in bed. His eyes shot open only a second later. "Since when do I sleep on a bed?" Thunderlane looked around and saw that he was clearly not in Soarin's home. Thunderlane began to panic but calmed down when he saw the other inhabitant of the bed he was in. Gilda was laying beside him, sleeping peacefully. He could see her chest rising and falling as she breathed and that she had wrapped herself around one of Thunderlane's forelegs. He leaned in and gave Gilda a kiss on the forehead, waking her up.

"Come on, mom, five more minutes." she complained groggily, rolling over.

"Come on, Gildy. It's time to get up." Recognizing that the voice that she heard was not that of her mother, she turned over and smiled when she Thunderlane laying beside her.

"Morning, stud." she said as gave him a small peck on the cheeks. "I guess it's time to get up."

"I think you're right." Thunderlane replied, climbing out the bed. "So, I'm going to need to use your shower. Gilda chuckled at the stupidity of the statement.

"Go right ahead." Thunderlane made his way out of the bedroom and down the hall. "I have to warn you, I may come in there with you, Thunderlane!"


Rainbow Dash, Flitter, and Cloudchaser were standing outside the Ponyville weather base at four in the morning. They had met at the earliest sign of the sunrise, for what they needed to do could not be delayed even one second. After confirming with each other, they had learned that Thunderlane was not in any of the cities they had gone to the previous day. There only remained a small hope because of the fact that Blossomforth had not shown up yet.

"Where is that mare!?" Rainbow Dash exclaimed. "We agreed to meet here first thing!"

"Calm down, Rainbow." Flitter said. "She'll be here soon."

As if to confirm Flitter's word's the ponies saw a figure flying towards them. Soon enough, they could see it was Blossomforth. She had bags under her eyes, her mane was a complete mess, and she had feathers sticking out from all directions.

"What happened to you?" Cloudchaser asked as Blossomforth touched down.

"Forget that!" Rainbow interrupted. "Where have you been!? We said to meet here over an hour ago!"

"Sorry, but I've had a rough night. I missed the last train to Ponyville and had to wait till morning. However I did learn something."

"And that would be?"

"Thunderlane is in Cloudsdale."

"What!?"

"That's right. I ran into Raindrops in Trottingham and she told me that she saw Thunderlane in Cloudsdale a few days ago."

"Why would he be there!?" Rainbow demanded. "There is absolutely no reason why he would be in Cloudsdale!"

"Except for the fact that he used to live there." Cloudchaser stated. "And the fact that he's best friends with Soarin, who lives there. Also, it's the only city he could get to from Ponyville in under a day. It's probably the first place we should of looked."

"Not helping, Cloud. Anyways, we need to go there and get him back! I know where Soarin lives and if we're lucky, we could reach them by nightfall.

The four pegasi quickly took off and started speeding towards the flying city of Cloudsdale.


It was nine at night, and a griffon and a pony were flying through the sky together, hoof in claw. Gilda grinned and looked over at Thunderlane who had an amused expression on his face.

"What's so funny?"

"You look beautiful with the wind in your feathers." A deep blush appeared on Gilda's face and she turned away, secretly smiling. The pair kept on flying in silence for what seemed like an eternity, until Thunderlane spoke up and stopped. "That's Soarin's house." He said, pointing down to an apartment building below them. "I guess it's time to say goodnight."

"Can't you stay at my place for another night?" Gilda whined.

"I wish, but Soarin will call the royal guard if he thinks something happened to me."

"Sounds like he's a pretty good friend."

"Yeah, he's a true friend." sighed Thunderlane as he looked down. Gilda, noticing this, flew to him and place Thundelane in a deep kiss. The stallion eagerly returned it and lifted his head to look Gilda in the eyes. The two broke apart, gasping for air. "Thanks, Gildy. I needed that."

"Any time." she replied as she began to fly way. "G'nght, stud."

"Goodnight, Gilda!"

Once he saw that Gilda was out of sight, Thunderlane flew down to the apartment building below. He landed right on Soarin's porch and walked in the door.

"Hey, Soarin, sorry I didn't come back last n..." Thunderlane stopped when he walked into the kitchen. He figured Soarin would be in there, eating a pie. He was, but Thunderlane could also see Rainbow Dash, Flitter, Cloudchaser, and Blossomforth sitting at the kitchen table. "What are they doing here?"

"They're here for you, Thunderlane." Soarin replied. "They just wanted to make things right." Thunderlane looked over at his former friends, who all seemed to be slightly agitated.

"Look, Thunderlane. You need to come back to Ponyville." Rainbow Dash said bluntly.

"Why should I?"

"Because I said so! You need to get your flank back home right now!"

"Or what!? I don't work for you anymore! You can't fire me!"

"Stop being such a foal, Thunderlane." Cloudchaser interjected. "Can't you see we're here to apologize."

"Then why haven't you?"

"Because you were to busy arguing with Rainbow! Look, we've been all over Equestira looking for you and we've been worried sick. The least you could do is hear us out."

"Ok then. I'm listening." A long period of silence passed between every pony until Flitter decided to end it.

"We're sorry."

"For what?"

"Making you pay for our drinks."

"Is that all?"

"Well, yeah. That's kind of all we did wrong. What else could you be mad about?"

Thunderlane felt a deep rage start to boil inside of him. His eyes turned to slits as he stomped his hoofs in anger. His wings unfurled and he turned towards the door. Without a word, Thunderlane flapped his wings and catapulted out of the house. The five remaning pegasi watched their friend fly off into the night.

"What's wrong with you!?" Blossomforth screamed. "We came here to apologize to Thunderlane, not chew him out! He left because we didn't treat him like a real freind, not because we made him buy us some drinks! You know what, he's right! We are horrible friends and the one chance we get to make things right was just blown because you all were just too stubborn!"

Blossomforth stormed out of the kitchen and out of the house. Her friends saw another pony fly off in anger. Rainbow Dash, Flitter, Cloudchaser all drooped their heads and began to tear up. Soon, all three were crying, letting their tears drip onto the kitchen table.

"Wow." Soarin said, making them look up. They were stunned at his cold expression. "That was the worst apology I've ever heard."