• Published 12th Aug 2014
  • 1,275 Views, 29 Comments

Thunderlane's New Life - The Delirium



Quit Your Job. Leave Ponyville Forever. Date Gilda the Griffon. allow Thunderlane as he does all of these things in his new life!

  • ...
4
 29
 1,275

That Just Happened

Thunderlane was feeling a little overwhelmed at the moment. Actually, he was trying to decide exactly what he was feeling. There was the pain, of course, in his chest. He could't tell if it was heart or the stab wound. There was also confusion. Thunderlane had been trying to piece together the whole situation, but to no avail. Finally, there was disappointment. Deep down, Thunderlane knew that his time in Cloudsdale was just about over. He had no reason to stay after all. Not after what had just happened.


"Hey Thunderlane."

Thunderlane had just regained consciousness when a familiar voice reached his ears. He looked up and saw Blossomforth in the doorway. Her eyes were bloodshot and had bags under them, plus her mane was a complete mess. She slowly made her way to Thunerlane's bed and sat down on the end. Blossomforth sighed and look away, but Thunderlane noticed she was holding a slip of paper in her hoof.

"Blossomforth?" Thunderlane said weekly, "What's wrong?"

Suddenly, Blossomforth leaped across the bed and enveloped Thunderlane in a tight hug. She buried her muzzle into his shoulder and began to sob uncontrollably.

“Oh, Thunderlane. Everything’s wrong! We drove you away from Ponyville, we weren’t good friends, and y...you got hurt. And it’s all my fault!” Blossomforth continued to weep until she felt a strong foreleg wrap around her.

“Hey, don’t talk like that. I know you weren’t the most considerate pony back in Ponyville and you kind of botched the apology...” Thunderlane gave a light chuckle. “But you came after me and you’re here now, aren’t you?”

“Well, yeah. But you wouldn’t be here if i wasn’t for me.”

“It was an accident, Blossomforth. You and Gilda fought because you both cared about me. Speaking of her, where is Gilda?” Thunderlane was quite surprised when she felt Blossomforth suddenly tense up. “Uh, Blossom? Where is she?”

“Just read this.” Blossomforth handed Thunderlane the note that Gilda had given her. She turned away, not wanting to see Thunderlane’s face as he read the letter. It was the right choice, for as Thunderlane read Gilda’s note, tears began to well up in his eyes. His face twisted into a frown and his ears drooped. Thunderlane was speechless as he read over the paper multiple times, making sure he didn’t miss anything.

“But...but why?” Thunderlane croaked. Tears began to fall freely from his eyes as he laid back and sobbed into a pillow. Now, it was Blossomforth’s turn to comfort him, as she placed Thunderlane into another tight hug. “B...Blossom?”

“Yes, Thunderlane?”

“I think I want to be alone right now.” Blossomforth bit her lip. On one hoof, she understood that Thunderlane needed some time to think things out, but on the other hoof, she didn’t want to leave him alone. “P...Please?”

Hearing his words, Blossomforth just nodded and exited the room. Now, Thunderlane was alone in his hospital bed, quietly crying to himself.


Thunderlane sighed as he recalled the memory. It had only been a few hours since Blossomforth had left his room. The stallion rolled over and closed his eyes. Right then and there, Thunderlane knew he had to make a choice. A choice that would pretty much decide how his life was to turn out. He knew he could continue living in Cloudsdale with Soarin and eventually by a house of his own. However, that would mean seeing Gilda every day at work and Thunderlane wasn’t sure if he could handle that. The other option was to move back to Ponyville. Of course, Thunderlane would have to make up with the rest of his friends, but it wasn’t necessarily a bad option.

“Then again,” He thought. “I did leave Ponyville for a reason.” Before he could continue, the door to his room creaked open and a pony walked inside. At least, he thought it was a pony. His back was turned towards the door, so he couldn’t see who had entered. Thunderlane just assumed it was a nurse or Blossomforth, so he pretended to be sleeping. However, he was surprised by the voice that filled the room.

“Oh Thunderlane.” It was Gilda. From how she said it, Thunderlane could tell that Gilda was crying. Not just a few tears either, but she was at a full scale breakdown. Gilda walked over to the bed and placed a claw on his shoulder. It startled Thunderlane, but he didn’t move to keep up the illusion that he was asleep.

“Why was I so stupid?” Gilda wept. “I shouldn’t have written that note. I know Blossomforth is better for you, but I just...I care too much to leave you alone.” Gilda then climbed fully into the bed and laid down next to Thunderlane. “We could start a new life together, you know? Move to Ponyville, live our own life. It would be nice, but that’s not gonna happen.” Gilda looked over at Thunderlane, who’s back was still turned to her. “You probably hate me right now.”

The griffon lifted herself from the bed and landed on the floor. Thunderlane could hear her walk to the doorway and pause at the exit. He could of swore she said something, but Gilda had said it too quietly for him to understand. Once he heard the door close, he rolled over so that he was laying on his back and facing the ceiling.

“Well.” He said to himself. “That just happened.”

Comments ( 4 )

Idiot. Why didn't you talk with her!!!! You could have worked this out. Man. I don't know what is going to happen next. Great chapter.

The last sentence took away 70% of the emotional value in this chapter

Please make more. Also some kind of payback on the other pegasi who seem to not care for him.

Oh come on!! Pony up you twit, Thunderlane! You got a good thing going now, don't blow it.

I hope you eventually come back to this, and I really hope that you show there are consequences to actions and sometimes the grass really is greener.

Login or register to comment