• Published 24th Sep 2014
  • 341 Views, 11 Comments

Clash of Alicorns, Battle of the Brothers - LightningBlade



Volcano Saber. now calling himself Dire Saber, decided to kill his own brother and take over Equestria, Lightning however escaped and tries to defend Canterlot with his bare hooves, will he succeed ?

  • ...
18
 11
 341

Chapter 7: The Amulet that Torn the Brothers apart, Amulet of Hell.

The Amulet of Night shone, as it shown it's true form, it gleamed, as bright as the moon. As the Amulet of The Night gleamed, the Amulet of the Dawn gleamed too, both released aura and filled the room, as if the amulet was happy, that it finally found it's own rightful bearer, Celestia and Luna, the princess of the Sun and Moon.

"Wow, such beauty, I've never seen this before." said Luna amazed.

"Now that you've seen it, we could continue to our next step." said Master Yang grinning.

"Next step?" said Lightning.

"To use the amulet and unleash it's true power, a secret power your father and I have been hiding, and the only amulets which can unleash such powers, are the Amulet of Thunder, Amulet of Souls, Amulet of Earth, Amulet of Sky, Amulet of Hell, Amulet of Dawn, Amulet of Life and many more yet to be crafted and used for good and bad desires. Your father bear this amulet of yours once, it has his soul inside, his love for you, that's why it had never rebelled your command."

"My father... he died?" asked Lightning.

"I'm sorry, I never told you, I was afraid to tell you that, until today. He sacrificed himself, for the hopes of sealing the Amulet of Hell, which your brother bears now. It takes over the bearers thoughts and turn them to evil thoughts, that's why Volcano has been acting strangely during the celebration."

"Volcano?" asked Luna.

"Dire's real name, Vulcano Di Saber

"He changed his name because the amulet told him, and cursed his mind, since then your father and I have been trying to stop it, and we did, but the spell wasn't complete, the amulet regained it's consciousness, and turned Volcano's mind into it's own, the word for it, was Dire."

"Volcano Saber, he used to be good?" asked Celestia.

"Yes a great leader, because of this amulet, this mistake, he turned." said Master Yang.

Lightning stood there, and tears began to crawl down his cheeks, then he asked, "My mother? Is she...*sob* still alive?"

"Your mother too sacrificed herself to delay the amulet's consciousness, they have their faith on your hooves Lightning, they believe that one day you will find out the truth, and destroy this cursed amulet."

Lightning was brought up in the palace too, unlike other prince, he was taught to hold a blade when he was able to hold one, and had do make decisions on his own. He only saw his father when he was 3, and his mother left him when he's 13, he was left under Master Yang's care, a filly, abandoned by his parents, and didn't know the truth until today. Today, he shall rise from the dark days, face the truth, and demolish whatever that torn his family apart, like an lone warrior, facing the impossible, with the hunger for revenge in his heart.

"Brother, now I know the truth, I wasn't you, it's the fucking amulet." Lightning said with a mixture of anger and sadness.

"Lightning, I'm sorry to tell you this but it's time for you to know, and it's time for you to rise from the dark." said Master Yang.

"Then this battle shall be mine, and I alone shall face this wrenched amulet, not you guys, but me." said Lightning.

"That will depend on your state in battle, remember, we never leave an ally or friend behind." said Luna.

"Friendship is magic Lightning, it can overcome anything." said Celestia.

"Anything yes, but this isn't something easy to be fooled." said Master Yang.

"Well then lets get our flanks going, we got training to do." said Lightning asking everyone to move.

They arrive at the training room for soldiers, they decided to train there because the walls are nearly indestructible, which is good, because they will be blowing something up. Lightning's Amulet of Thunder has the ability to disable and penetrate, so Master Yang taught him a new skill, by focusing much aura on one point he can absorb the other user's aura and use it against the enemy, which will deal twice the amount of damage than a normal pinned point strike.

"Basically, you need to channel enough aura but not to much to either of your blade and maintain it, and boom! There you go! You can absorb his aura and kill him."

"I'm not killing my innocent brother."

"You still don't get it? The amulet had taken his body, which means it's not him anymore, and which means, hurting Volcano, will actually hurt the amulet."

"Okay... let's try it." He done what his master told him and immediately destroyed a meter thick rock.

"Such penetration." said Celestia.

"Remember, this can be doubled if you absorb his aura, but your weak point, is your other blade, you lower you defense aura when you do it, so be careful."

And then Master Yang attend to Celestia and Luna "Well, basically the Amulet of Dawn has the ability of purification, but for the Amulet of Night..."

"What? Is there a problem with it?" said Luna, feeling concerned.

"It's a newly crafted to be honest, it was made by Lightning, in his amulet crafting class, it's power is unknown, but I can predict it."

"Predict it how?"

"Hmm... the aura you released were cloudy, and thick, the ability might be illusions, or dark powers."

"Dark powers? Like what?"

"Like summoning dead spirits, unlimited amount of aura boost, and..."

"And what? You're making me nervous Master Yang."

"Your ability or your greatest fear, summoning the darkest spirits, Nightmare Knight."

Luna gulped, the nightmare almost took over her mind once, she tried to unlock this spell due to her curiosity, and it gone wrong, she was surrounded by dark aura, and she turned into another mare, a nightmare, lucky her sister was able to undo the spell and saved her. She never tried to do it again, it's been haunting her, causing her to lose control, but since Lightning came, she was able to tell him her feelings about it, and made the nightmare go away.

"Your amulet is an unknown, I told you, could be possible that you could summon it, and control it and if you were able to combine it's soul with you, and to use it against the enemy, you could be indestructible."

"I don't know... it almost had me once."

"The choice is yours Luna, but I recommend you to try that when Lightning is in trouble, you guys, get some rest, we'll continue training tomorrow." said Master Yang. Luna and the others went back to their chambers. Luna throw her self into her bed, and sighed, she was worried that she'd be a dead weight or the cause of their destruction, she rubbed the amulet, it was a gift from Lightning, a gift she ever had from a stranger, but now he's not a stranger to her anymore, he's a friend, close friend, whom would be willing to comfort her like Celestia did when she was a filly, a friend that would sacrifice for her. Luna blushed remembering she slept with Lightning once, she thought, "Could he actually be my stallion? He's always been nice to me, maybe... maybe... Wait, no, what am I thinking? Have I have a crush on him? Calm down Luna, it's just stress." Luna held the amulet and slowly fall into her dream.

Luna woke up early in the night, she walked to the dining room, hoping there will be food, she's already hungry, when she entered the dining she saw Lightning, she hesitated, and she shook the thought off, and sat next to him, they greeted each other. Luna got a cornbread with her magic, and applied it with honey, it all seemed effortless, since magic like this doesn't really consume a lot of her strength, then Lightning asked Luna.

"What would it feel like to have magic? Would it be weird?"

"Well, it's not really bad, when I became a alicorn, I was still young, and it felt weird, after a few months of practice, it felt normal, and it's good to have magic, you don't even need to get your hooves dirty." said Luna, taking a bite on the cornbread.

"I see, then, I hope my father could just appear and promote me to an alicorn or something. Heheh." said Lightning a bit of sad when he said 'father'

"Lightning..." Luna gave Lightning a hug, to comfort him. "Celestia and I could do an alicorn spell, it would be easy. Don't hold sadness."

"I might not want to be an alicorn, being immortal is like... an undying curse... not getting to rest in peace as long as I live, unless... unless I have a special someone to company me..."

Luna's heart skipped a beat, "Is he, is he going to leave me alone? Who would that special someone be? I'm sure it wouldn't be me."

"... a special someone, like you Luna, you and Celestia are my only friend now, everyone's turning their back on me, it hurts..." Lightning wrapped his hooves around Luna.

Luna gasped, she felt like she won a lottery, "So you mean..."

"NO, I mean.. I mean as a friend... I guess I'm in need of a friend, maybe that's all." Lightning being cautious, he thought Luna might have some close to her, a stallion or something. What he didn't know is that Luna actually loves him, and he loves her, they developed into this relationship after all that time together, which is rare, and somepony thinks it's normal,

"Lightning... I have something to tell you..."

Will Luna confess her feelings? Or will Lightning do it instead? From a dire situation like this will the relationship last? Or will it die out, like in the movies? And will Luna use her powers to fend off the enemies and that cursed amulet? Will Lightning be able to destroy the Amulet of Hell?

To be continued

Author's Note:

I think this actually categorized in romance, but the action is yet to come, I won't really write much this few weeks, I'll try to make out free time to write more, again if you guys like it, please hit the like and follow me please, that would really help. Thanks for reading, hope you guys enjoy.