• Published 24th Sep 2014
  • 340 Views, 11 Comments

Clash of Alicorns, Battle of the Brothers - LightningBlade



Volcano Saber. now calling himself Dire Saber, decided to kill his own brother and take over Equestria, Lightning however escaped and tries to defend Canterlot with his bare hooves, will he succeed ?

  • ...
18
 11
 340

Chapter 3: The Beginning

5 years ago...
Lightning was in his room, he was cleaning his blades and polishing it, those twin blades are the only precious thing he had that moment.His master gave it to him for his success in the training. Then all of a sudden, his best friend, Arche Venture, appeared out of his room's window. Lightning got shocked and dropped his blades.

"Fuck you Arche! I almost cut my hoof!" said Lightning

Arche laughed and rolled on the ground."Hahahaha... man that really... bahahaha...." His red hot mane flung around as he rolled and spun like a Frisbee, his fur is yellow like the sun, he is athletic, he races with Lightning most of the time, but he's a coward, and I mean a real coward.

"What's so funny?" Lightning jumped on him and attacked, gently.

"Oh, man stop! That tickles!" said Arche in 'pain'.

"So what's up?" said Lightning finally stopping.

"You wanna go to the town nearby? It's boring here..."

"Yeah, sure."

"Since you're not an alicorn yet... maybe we could..."

"I know what you're thinking... lets do it!"

They flew to the river near that town and saw a few ponies playing in the water. They created a whirlwind to make the speed of the water current increase. Due to strong current, all the ponies got out of the river, except one, she drifted down the river, towards a waterfall, and Arche panicked.

"Hey lets get out of here before we get into trouble."

"What the fuck?! You're gonna leave that mare behind?! No way, I'm going in, with or without you." said Lightning.

That's the odd thing about them both. Even Arche is a coward, but he never leave his best friend behind, there was a time they both fought for each other, they took on 5 stallions, they knew they didn't stand a chance, but they stood still, this friendship is weird to other ponies, but it was unique friendship.

"Have I ever left you alone?" said Arche.

"Lets save that pony."

They flew so fast they only increased the current speed, but they caught up and saved the pony.

"Thank you, I thought it was all over." said the mare, panting.

"Well.. um, actually, we made the current go faster, sorry..." they both said together.

"What?! Okay, if you treat me a drink, I might be able to forgive you." said the mare, she smirked.

"That's fine with me, by the way I'm Lightning, he's Arche, oh shit..." Lightning shut his up immediately.

"I'm Sapphire.. wait, Lightning? As in Prince Lightning Blade of Cyberio?!?! Oh my it's an honor!"

"Damn Lightning! You gave away yourself." exclaimed Arche.

"Please don't tell anyone..."

"I won't, as long as you treat me a drink... hehe..." giggled Sapphire.

It was a relieve for both of them, and the odd thing is that Sapphire treated them like other normal ponies, well Arche is just a Pegasus, but Lightning, he's a Pegasus too, with a position, a prince, but Lightning didn't bother, he's not a big fan of ruling the country. Sapphire's mane is grass green, and fur is slightly lime green, like a bush. They went to a store nearby and treated her a drink.They soon got along and Arche excused for a while and talked to Lightning.

"Oh crap Lightning." said Arche.

"What?" said Lightning.

"I think I had a crush."

"Are you serious? Man you barely know her!"

"I'm serious! I've never been this serious before... she's quite... pretty..."

"Right you never did with that dumb brain. Let me give you an advice, go ask her out sometime... tomorrow maybe, I know I'm not very good at this but it should work, why wouldn't a mare go out with a cool Pegasus like you.

"I guess you're right, plus which part of my body is cool..."

"You fly fast..."

"That's normal... You fly faster than lightning..."

"Never mind, just go ask her."

Then Arche and Lightning went back to the table, Arche summoned his courage and asked Sapphire if she want's to go out for a film tomorrow.

"Hey Sapphire, wanna hang out tomorrow? Or maybe something else?" said Arche

"Okay, I live nearby, just around that corner, maybe you could be kind enough to get me?" said Sapphire.

"Why not?"

"Guess somepony has something going on..." Lightning cut in and giggled.

They both blushed. Their eyes locked.

"I think I should go now, see you guys tomorrow." said Sapphire, trying to avoid the words Lightning said.

"Well.. basically, it's only Arche and you." said Lightning.

"That's okay if no one seems to spread rumors." said Sapphire.

"If someone tries to I'm gonna teach him or her a lesson. Lightning, you go ahead, I'm gonna walk her home." said Arche.

"No problem, take your time."

Lightning went back to the palace, the palace is made out of electrical materials, he can't even recognize any of it, it's classified, only his parents know it, also his parents left him and his brother Dire Saber to take over this kingdom, sadly, he's not an alicorn, he can't possibly match his brother. Well... there goes.

Lightning entered the palace and Dire was busy with his things. Lightning asked Dire,

"Hey Dire? If you're free wanna go out to the garden? For sword and blade practice?" said Lightning.

"Sure, but give me another 10 minutes, I still got some royal stuff to deal with, you know..." said Dire

"I know, if you need help, tell me, although I'm not very good at it."

"I think I need that help now... haha..." said Dire smiling happily.

Okay, back to the future… Present…
Lightning missed the moments they had, when Dire didn't get jealous. In the Summer Celebration, Dire got left out because Lightning appeared in the town more than Dire and he cared and helped the citizens, but Dire just stayed in his palace, busy with his work. Dire got jealous and challenged Lightning into a battle. A battle to death. Arche tried to save Lightning in the battle... but he sacrificed his own life.

In the battle...

"Stand up, I thought you had more practice than I do and your citizens' support?" said Dire with his rampaged mind.

"Dire... I don't want to do this, you're my brother... I can't... I can't..." Lightning hesitated.

"You and your weakness, how can you rule with me without the desire to kill, the desire to control, the desire to destroy?"

"You're insane."

Dire shouted and charged at Lightning, Dire's saber made contact with Lightning's blade, sparks and metal sounds are made. Then Dire made a powerful blow that pushed Lightning away, and he decided to kill his own brother, with his rage and jealousy. Arche jumped in.

"No, you can't kill him... he's your brother, he just helped the citizens, why are you so obsessed? You're the king, what else do you want? Everypony to worship you? No, we respect you but you can't do this, it's unacceptable." said Arche.

"Arche…" said Lightning.

"You dare challenge me? You fool, I'll eliminate you!" said Dire.

"NO brother NO!" Lightning shouted.

Dire drew his dagger into Arche's chest, blood dripping from his chest, he spitted blood. Sapphire galloped out crying.

"Arche!!!" Lightning screamed. He cried, his best friend, his best companion, he was also like his younger brother, so naive, so dumb, why would Dire do such a thing.

"Arche.. you're gonna be alright, don't... leave me... *sob*" Sapphire cried out, holding her stallion.

"Lightning... take care... of... her... I love you Sapphire... I love you Lightning... you gave me joy... you gave me friendship...*cough* I will see you... in heaven. Goodbye..." he said as he slowly closed his eyes.

Lightning grew in rage, his aura exploded, his aura as pure as lightning, he turned into a electric demon, his sound deepened.

"Dire... I'M GOING TO FUCKING KILL YOU!!!" Lightning charged at Dire, he kicked, sliced and headbutted him. Dire was seriously injured, but Lightning was worse, Sapphire told him to escape, and he did, leaving his friend behind, he wanted to attend to his funeral, but he had no choice. It was a life or death situation, Arche won’t mind.

Lightning thought, "Arche, I hope you rest in peace, for I, Lightning Blade, will avenge you, with this dagger that took your very life, I will take it back."

To be continued...