• Published 5th Aug 2014
  • 616 Views, 24 Comments

Three Unlikely Friends - Tiaa OwO



Three creatures from three different worlds go through troublesome events and hard times. They are saved from incoming doom and meet. Craziness ensues

  • ...
12
 24
 616

What? Don't listen to the egghead?

Specklepaw was not happy with the small cave-like hideout that Clyde had brought them to. He felt cramped and hot. Being a cat, he did not like such tight spaces...especially with a potentially dangerous creature who found tense situations to be the funniest thing in the world. Gilda did not come inside. She sat at the entrance of the hide out, her dark expression intensified by the shadows of the tree leaves dancing on her face. Kobe glanced at her but said nothing while following Clyde and Specklepaw inside.

"This place is pretty cool." the young Pokémon said, looking around the small area. Specklepaw glanced around and flicked his ear.

"Cool isn't the word I would use to describe...here..."

"Scared, kitty?" Clyde glanced at the kitten through the corners of his eyes.

"If you must know, yes, I'm very unnerved...or scared if that's how you want to put it." the kitten grumbled. The young Aluminai turned and pointed a hoof.

"You're a scaredy cat!" He laughed at Specklepaw's furious expression. "You're a literal scaredy cat! Ha!"

"That's not funny!" Specklepaw huffed and turned away. "I'd expect such behavior from Gilda but from a supposed "helper"...? Irony never fails..." Kobe nuzzled the kitten and gave him a gentle nudge, making Specklepaw blush.

"Relax, Specks, he means no harm..." Kobe glared at Cyde and added, "...Even if he shouldn't be teasing in the first place." Clyde shrugged and turned away.

"Meh."

"Can we please discuss the real problem here? There are carnivorous deer out there looking for us...trying to kill us...and you've brought us here."

"It's a hiding spot."

"This is hardly what I call a hiding spot. More like a ferrets burrowing hole." Specklepaw would've began to pace but it wasn't possible due to the lack of space. Instead he spayed his ears back, his eyes darting around randomly and front paw tapping away. "We've got no plans, no food, no water...I'm pretty sure they can smell us a mile a way!"

"Are you trying to say I smell?!" Gilda yelled from outside the small cave.

"Well, someone here could certainly use a bath." The kitten glared pointedly at Clyde.

"Hey! I smell exactly like how I'm supposed to, I'll have you know!"

"I dunno... You do kinda smell, dude..." Kobe said, earning an 'are you serious?' look from him.

"Fine. You take all the fun out of everything, don't you? Just a jumpy, jittery scaredy cat is all you are, huh?" Specklapaw nearly turned red.

"I AM NOT A SCAREDY CAT."

"Enough! Everyone settle down. We need to discuss how we're going to get out of here. I don't know about you, but I wanna go home." Kobe ordered. He turned to the entrance and pointed a paw at Gilda. "You too, Gilda. You're going to participate whether you like it or not. We all want the same thing. Let's use that to motivate us to work together."

"Who do you think you're talking to-"

"That means keep quiet unless you're adding to any plans. Just think, as soon as this is all over, we'll go home..." Kobe looked up and Specklepaw did the same. They locked eyes for a few seconds before looking away. "...and never see each other again..."

"Good. I don't wanna hang around you losers any longer than nessisary." Gilda grumbled.

"I can't wait. You three are so boring." Clyde pouted. Specklepaw said nothing. I certainly WANT to go home...but... Specklepaw glanced at Kobe and stared, feeling a pang of sadness at the thought of his absence. ...But then...I'll be all alone...withou-

"What're you looking at, dweeb?" Gilda snarled. Specklepaw jumped and looked around. Everyone is looking at me...

"Probably thinking of something else to be scared of." Clyde sighed.

...and I was staring at Kobe...

Kobe gave him an odd look. "Uhh...you alright, Specks?"

...and HE SAW ME STARING AT HIM...! Specklepaw blushed furiously and looked anywhere...anywhere but him.

"I'm fine." the kitten finally just decided to stare at his paws, still red as a tomato. Kobe watched him warily for a second.

"Ah...okay..." he answered awkwardly. "Back to planning then..."

"Let's kidnap one of them and ransom for our freedom!" Gilda blurted out.

"That's a great idea!" Clyde agreed.

"Woa, remember guys, there has to be a vote on ideas to-"

"I vote yes!" Gilda stood and grinned.

"Me too! Hey, Jitters, what about you?" Clyde bumped the kitten out of his daze.

"Huh?" Specklepaw looked up, confused.

"It's a yes for him too!"

"That's three yes votes! Let's go kidnap somepony!" Gilda said excitedly.

"Wait, what? I didn't agree to that!" Specklepaw exclaimed.

"Yes you did! You voted yes! No take backs!" Clyde was almost in Specklepaw's face. Specklepaw swatted him away in annoyance.

"That's not fair. I didn't even get to really vote." he complained.

"Too slow, too late!" Gilda and Clyde chanted in unison.

"I vote no." Kobe said.

"Too bad! It's three to one! Let's get some rope!"

"And set some traps!"

"You can't do it anyway. Kidnapping? That's the dumbest plan I've ever heard of." Specklpaw stated.

"He said we should vote. We voted. It's three to one. Get over it! Now, help us get some rope or-" Gilda was cut off by Clyde.

"Or you'll walk the plank!"

"What?"

"Don't complain, egghead! We're going by Kobe's rules." The two yelled together. Specklpaw shot Kobe an annoyed look. Kobe just shrugged and sighed.

"Guess their right."

"There isn't even a plank around...or a ship to attach it to." Specklpaw grumbled as he went for rope.