• Published 5th Aug 2014
  • 616 Views, 24 Comments

Three Unlikely Friends - Tiaa OwO



Three creatures from three different worlds go through troublesome events and hard times. They are saved from incoming doom and meet. Craziness ensues

  • ...
12
 24
 616

The Weird Town

Specklepaw, Gilda, and Kobe trudged down the path. Gilda decided to fly up ahead and skope out their surroundings from a birds-eye-view while Specklpaw purred softly as he felt the dirt beneath his paws. As they kept going, the sand path had slowly turned into a dirt path and it was doing wonders to the delicate pads of his paws. Kobe looked around for any other signs of life as he walked but only saw plants, which was odd since jungles usually had all sorts of wild life. He finally decided to try to start a conversation with the calico cat next to him.

"So, uh... wonderful weather we're having."

Specklepaw glanced at the sky, which was filled with fluffy, greyish clods that blocked the sunlight from shining directly on them. He smiled and turned his attention back to Kobe. "Yea, no endless sunlight beaming down on us."

"That Gilda girl... I've never seen anything like her."

"Me neither. I've never seen anything like you before either."

"Where'd she go anyways?"

"I don't know. I don't really wanna know. She's pretty...mean..."

"I'd say aggressive is a better word for it."

"Mean...aggressive...same thing. I've never gotten along well with cats like her."

"Well, good thing she's not a cat then, hmm?" Kobe smiled and Specklepaw returned it. There was a rustle in the bushes and they turned to see Gilda accompanied by a strange, beautiful creature. It's fur glowed with golden light and it's eyes sparkled like the brightest fire. It was slender and tall, about the same hight as the lunar Princess, and had flowing, twinkling mane and tail hair. The being radiated light and warmth.

Specklepaw flattened his ears and took several steps back. He flexed his claws, caught in between his instincts to run or fight. Kobe stared at the creature for several seconds before eyeing Gilda to see if she was going to explain what and who the creature was. Gilda was looking a bit annoyed and smug at the same time (if it was possible to show these emotions at the same time) and sighed when she saw niether Kobe or Specklepaw was going to say anything first.

"Well, guys, I've found a group of creatures that live in a town up ahead. Their called...uhh...what're you called again?"

"The Aluminai." The creature said in a soft voice. It was definetely a she based on the pitch. "Come now, all of you. The village is just up ahead. Don't be scared little ones." She took a few delicate steps ahead of them before turning to look at them and smiling...without showing teeth. "I'll bring you three to our town and we'll give you something nice to eat, and a warm bath... I promise it's alright." Gilda followed her without hesitation and Kobe had to admire her braveness but had to question her smartness. They knew nothing about this...this...Aluminai...and they were following her to some town...

Little did Kobe know, Specklepaw was thinking the same thing. He felt uneasy around this creature and he felt something was off about her...especially when she smiled... She was nice enough, but it seemed practiced... like a role that had been played for so long, there was a comfortable ease when acting it out again.

"So... What's your name?" The kitten asked.

"Anya."

"Oh... I'm Specklepaw."

Anya paused for less than a second but the three kids caught it. "...An interesting name..."

"Thank you." Specklepaw gave a small smile, showing that he noticed nothing, and keeping an eye out for anything out of the ordinary...besides glowing horse-deer beings... "Yours is pretty too."

"I'm Kobe. If you didn't know... I'm a Pokémon." Anya glanced at him. "I'm a Lilipup...which is a breed of Pokémon."

"Okay." She looked at Gilda. "And I suppose you're a griffin? We don't get much of those here."

"Uhh yea. Names Gilda."

"Last time I saw a griffin was over a millennia ago." There was silence as they continued to trudge through the thick jungle. Specklepaw scratched every tree he passed with a '+' mark just in case they wanted to go back to the beachy part of the island and enjoy the sun and salty water.


Arriving at the town was extremely exciting, to the kids' surprise. There were Aluminai everywhere; in the bushes, in houses, in the trees... Gilda was familiar with equines and she wasn't sure how a bunch of glowing deer-ponies with no wings were able to climb trees. They were greeted by several of the Aluminai, a couple which had a pair of medium sized antlers. After being greeted by all of them and receiving non-toothy grins, Specklepaw was able to determine that the males had antlers and the females did not. They all would have looked the same if it were not for the different mane and tail styles and the colors of their eyes.

"You must meet our leader, the chief. She will want us to celebrate your arrival." Anya said to them.

"Really? Do you guys not get visitors often?" Kobe asked.

"Oh no, we get visitors very often." She smiled to herself. Gilda looked around and raised a brow. Specklepaw and Kobe glanced around them then at Anya.

"Doesn't look like it." Gilda mumbled.

"Are you sure?" Specklepaw asked. "This village seems to be populated by one species only."

"Maybe their not here...?" Kobe said it more like a question than a statement. Anya merely smiled more.

"Their not here, silly. Their in a better place." She said. The children were silent and they gave each other looks of horror and surprise. "Heh. I'm just kidding, young ones. The chief will explain exactly why you're here."

"Okay..." Specklepaw and Gilda were tense as they automatically presumed the worst. Kobe decided to play it cool and see how the day went. They arrived in the town square and it wasn't surprising to see that it was already crowded. There was a female Alumanai standing on an elevated platform in the center of all the hustle and bustle. She was twice the size of all the others and had a shimmering, golden mane that flared up and flicked at the air.

"So, you have a whole separate breed to rule you ponies too?" Gilda asked.

"We're not ponies. We're deer."

"But you have manes. Deer don't have manes."

"Their not real manes and tails. Their made of energy, Luminescent Energy."

"What?"

"They represent our power."

"So, how come the chief has a whole different color and she seems waaay powerful?"

"The chiefs are chosen by the Great Steed. He gives them the power to lead us all and protect us."

"Protect you?" Specklepaw exclaimed, interrupting. "Protect you from what!?"

"I'll tell you all about it later." Anya sighed. Then she shouted, "CHIEF KIYLA, THE NEW ARRIVES ARE HERE!" The female on the platform looked in Anya's direction and smiled.

"Welcome, little ones. I'm sure you are wondering why we've brought you here..."

Author's Note:

Cliffhangers are wonderful, don't you agree?
Like and comment! Tell me what you think!