• Published 13th Aug 2014
  • 2,517 Views, 80 Comments

Equestria Unlimited: My Little Rumble - steel soul



In another world, in another universe, Twilight's Apprentice, Rumble, Makes his way to Ponyville to over see the Sunrise Celebration. Needless to say thats not all that is coming to Ponyville.

  • ...
14
 80
 2,517

Chapter One

Ten Years Ago

“Rumble...come on out.”

The little colt peaked from behind the Queen’s foreleg, keeping himself hidden as best he could. In front of him and his teacher stood two beings he had never seen before in his life. He stared in awe as his little foal eyes took in all the information that it could muster about the creatures in front of him.

One, a tall and regal figure of a pony, stood with their head held high. She, for her scent was most definitely female, held an air of gentle superiority, the likes he had never seen before accept with his own teacher. Her black body shimmered in the warm beams of the sun, adding to her already royal appearance. Her violent mane almost seemed to flow around her, gaining more then enough attention from every stallion that could see her beauty. The oddest thing about her however, where the large holes that littered her legs and and bottom part of her mane, an oddity that in no way diminished her appeal as well as the clear wings that folded in on her on her back.

The other one, that stood beside the tall black equine like creature, was much like the taller creature, though she was more to his level of height. A gentle ocean blue mane hung to the side of her, tied into a ponytail with expensive silk fibers. Hey emerald eyes shimmered with excitement as she stared at the colt that hid behind the princess of Equestria. She seemed ready to burst, the way she looked Rumble over more than once. A red glow formed on her black cheeks as she smiled, her little fangs giving her an appearance of a happy little puppy.

Changelings he had heard Queen Twilight call them. And these two, in front of him, were the Queen and Princess of the Changelings.

Twilight smiled before gently pushing the colt forward, much to his charging and the little Changeling Princess’s ever growing joy. “Don’t be so shy Rumble. We will be seeing them a lot so I want you to make friends.” The lavender mare mused.

Rumble blushed and looked away as the little changeling made her way to him. His violet eyes would soon stray to her emerald ones, both foals giving not saying a word for quite some time. The silence was broken however as the changeling princess pushed herself into him, giving him a nuzzle. Her felt her warm carapace radiated against his soft fur. He froze, his eyes widening and his cheeks blazing with heat at the sudden affection.

“It’s nice to meet you Rumble!” The squeaked, her wings buzzing happily behind her. “My name is Chrysalis. Lets become good friends ok?”

~

Present

Rumble awoke from his dreamlike memory with a joult, falling into a heap onto the floor of the chariot, he was riding. He groaned in annoyance before slowly lifting himself up, his eyes peaking menacingly over the rim of the chariot,. His gaze shifted from the green grass and the beautiful looking trees to the ire of his existence for the moment. “Rainbow...A little warning next time would be great…”

The one named Rainbow twisted her head around as she took her royal guard helmet off, her namesake of a mane flowing over her magenta eyes as she locked on to his own with a look of innocence. Her lips creased took off the harness of the carriage and stretching her wings out.

“Well I had no other choice,” She tried to reason. “I mean you were talking in your sleep for quite some time on the way here.” She pressed her hooves together as she began to a mock impersonation of Rumble’s voice. “Oh Chrysalis! Oh Chrysalis! Wherefore art thou my Chrysalis!”

Rumble couldn’t stop his cheeks from glowing red with embarrassment over both the mockery and the spot on pitch of the impersonation. He leaned to swat at the armored covered mare, only for her to jump away causing him to topple over the edge of the chariot,. The level of ticked off raised to level fifty with a twenty percent increase in experience for every patch of dirt he near inhaled.

He made a mental note to stop playing P&D with that royal guard 8-Bit.

Rumble jumped to his hooves before rushing towards the mare with unrealistic speed. “I’m takeing you down this time Rainbow Dash!!” His hoof lashed out, only to hit nothing but air. He tried to correct his position but it was too late. Rainbow pulled his left foreleg behind him, and locked him into a hold, stopping any chance of him escaping.

“You really gotta work on your form dude.” She mused gently, her breath tickling the tip of his ear. Her actions only caused Rumble to blush even brighter, doing his best to struggle from her grasp. She chuckled as she wrapped her free hoof around his midsection. “But I gotta admit, not everyday I get surprised by speed. You get any faster and I may just have some competition.” She purred into his ear, her hot breath making his face become even reader then before. “And nothing makes me happier than having a bit of competition.” Rainbow finished in a sultry tone.

“Hey! L-Let got!” He yelped out loud, struggling against the mare harder and harder, an act that only caused Rainbow to giggle. “What if somepony sees us like this!?”

She released Rumble, a playful pout crossing her features. “Look at you, getting all worked up over being this close to a mare. Or could it be that you don’t want to be seen with me like this by a certain princess? You really know to make me how to feel a little jealous, what with you thinking of her all the time.”

Rumble rolled his eyes as he retrieved his bag from the chariot. “Yeah, yeah. Whatever Captain Dash. Don’t you have a castle to guard or something?”

Rainbow laughed as she flew above Rumble in a relaxed like position. “Haha...Dang. Using my full title now. I must have really riled you up good this time.” She watched him slink off at a fast trot towards the town’s border.

She watched him leave before landing next to the chariot, a gentle smile crossing her features before she looked down her expression becoming solem.

“Twilight…”

~

“Twilight?”

The young lavender queen turned to face her cyan guard captain, A gentle smile crossing her features as she did so. “What is it Rainbow Dash?”

“You didn’t answer me, Twilight.” Rainbow said taking a step forward. “Why are you making me go with the colt specifically. Any pegasus can carry a chariot. “And I’ve told you, more than once about how much those things chaif.”

“You know, you're committing borderline insubordination Captain Dash.”

“Oh come off it Twi.” Rainbow said with a growl. “You told me yourself to treat you normaly when were alone.”

Twilight blinked before looking away, chuckling. “And all the other times were alone you always call me princess anyway.”

“Yeah well you never use to carry Rumble anywhere in a chariot. And you’ve been acting weird all week. What's the deal?” Rainbow retorted.

Twilight kept her eyes towards the rainbow maned mare for several moments before Sighing deeply. “No matter how much you prepare, there can always be trouble Rainbow. I know that first hoof.”

“Yeah, and I have a whole battalion of guards stationed at Ponyville right now. He can’t be more safe. Besides, with him being under my wing the kids far from being a pushover.”

“I know that Dash, its one of the reasons I asked you to train him in the first place.”

“Then what is it? What arn’t you telling me?”

Twilight bit her lower lip and looked away, her eyes darting from Rainbow to the ground and back again. “I just...Don’t know. Something is off. I just don’t know what it is…Can you just do this favor...for old times sake Dashie”

Rainbow rolled her eyes before chuckling. “Yeah...but this is the last one. And don’t Worry Twily. I got Rumble’s back, but trust me when I say you worry too much.”

Twilight gave the mare a gentle smile. “Thanks Rainbow...I know I can count on you…”

~

Rainbow sighed before following after Rumble's retreating tail. “Yeah...Nothing can can wrong...Right?”