• Published 1st Aug 2014
  • 391 Views, 7 Comments

The tale of Quick Silver - Crescent Edge



A colt with suprising abilities. From summoning creatures with divine powers to a magic called Spellblade. His life is always a twist at every turn as well as answering the mystery that has been in his head. Why does he have his abilities?

  • ...
16
 7
 391

New Discoveries

“Apple Bloom you and your friends need to git’on over to the school house. You can’t be late on the first day back from summer. I packed y’all some lunch. Breakfast is on the table.” After finishing Granny went over to her rocker and promptly took a nap.

Upon reaching the bottom of the stairs all three filly’s said, “Thank you very much.” After leaving the farm they ran into the boys. Apple Bloom being the first to ask, “Did y’all have some weird dreams? I had one where it was the seven of us with Spike and Dinky in a white room with voices-“

Rumble cut her off and replied in a tone filled with fear, “It talked about light and magical powers from other places and how everyone in that room happened to hold an essence of light? YOU HAD THE SAME DREAM AS US?” Everypony was staring at each other with looks that would make a manticore run in confusion. After Button managed to get them all to remember to get to class, they continued walking to school without another word.

Standing in front of the classroom was Pinkie as soon as she saw them she took notice of the tension surrounding them. After every colt and filly was inside the classroom she announced, “Hello class I’m Pinkie Pie and I will be your substitute teacher. Mrs. Cheerilee is in Manehatten for a teaching lesson to make teachers better at teaching. I’m gonna be filling in for her for a time being, seeing how busy my friend Twilight is. So what does the class wish to do? I know how about free time today to talk to your friends about how your summer was or any freaky dreams.” As the kids got up to meet their friends and talk, only all members of the CMC, except Dinky she was running late to school, wondered about that last statement made by their pink friend.

“Well what should we do now? Does anyone have an idea to get our cutie marks?” Scootaloo always knew how to go straight to the subject. With that phrase let into the air the world around them felt like ice. No one saw Dinky approaching. As she got near she felt the cold aura around them and knew something was wrong.

“Hey friends. How are all of you? I had the strangest dream last night involving all of you. We were in a white room and… Why does everyone look like I just said Celestia died?” Dinky was incapable of understanding why they looked like that.

“YOU HAD THE SAME DREAM?!” Came from all the other members.

Causing all of them to jump came a voice filled with malice and mischief, “Well, well little ponies. It seems that you had a premonition or are just very close. You best be careful, tis believed that souls sharing a dream are bonded.” They turned to see Discord standing there in the doorway. He turned to face pinkie and said, “Twilight needs you so I’m here to take over. She said it was urgent, so I would run if I were you.” As he finished Pinkie disappeared into the teacher’s desk and vanished. Shifting his attention to the class he announced, “Class we are heading outside for some air.” With a snap of his talons all the children were transported outside. “Have fun and stay safe.” With that he sat in a lawn chair the appeared out of nowhere and a goblet floated into his hand.

After several hours of kids playing and the CMC talking about their dream a scream pierced through the heavens. Everyone turned to see a filly running for her life from a manticore. Apple Bloom turned to see Discord and to her astonishment he was nowhere to be seen. “We need to help her.” Rumble announced but Apple Bloom slapped him and retorted.

“If we save her, who will save us? I love ya, but ya can be indescribably stupid sometimes ya know?” Sweetie noticed a movement and shouted.

“Look over there who is that? I never have seen them before.”

The figure jumped from the forest and grabbed the filly. It landed and turned to face the beast, Dinky took notice that the figure stood on two legs, and said, “From the depths of hell cast your gaze on this creature, Catoblepas!” Upon the announcement of the name a creature appeared next to them and opened its eyes.

link to image
http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140103061200/finalfantasy/images/9/9c/Catoblepas_(Final_Fantasy_V_Boss)_iOS.PNG

The moment the manticore’s eyes met the gaze of the creature the manticore turned to solid stone. The CMC froze and refused to move.

“Is there anything else you need?” The creature said as it turned to face him eyes closed.

“No my friend. I thank you for your help. I hate to ask you for it.” Was the figures response as he looked at the filly in their arms. “She seems to be unconscious. Do you know if that attack was an accident or something else? The evidence points to an accident but my inner light is telling me it was no accident.”

“Your light is right. When his eyes met mine for the brief moment before he died I saw his heart and it was corrupted by sinister dark magic. The force behind it was dark enough to suppress its emotions and thoughts. I dare say this but corruption maybe the wrong choice of word, maybe possession is the one to reference here. All I can say is that the darkness inside of it was acting like a parasite and the beast was just a host body.” The creature turned his head with his eyes still closed and directed it toward the CMC, “You have more of those creatures watching you but they possess light like you. I can only guess but I think they might have been touched by her because their light is pure like yours. They just seem like they need to be guided. I must go. If you need me again just call.” With that the creature faded into the air.

“You may come over here now. I know you have many questions for me and I have a few for you.” The figure said as they stood and approached the group. They put down the filly and Apple Bloom was the first to notice who it was,

“Twist! What did ya do to her?” She charged at the figure but came to an abrupt stop when she saw a twenty six foot wing span shoot out from the figure. “What kind of pony are ya. Only the princesses have a wingspan that big! If you hurt Twist so help me I will hurt ya.”

Dinky standing there staring at the figure remembered something that her dad told her after he and her mom got back from one of their adventures, “If the wingspan is greater than eighteen feet, you probably are dealing with a dragon. If they walk on all fours and do not talk but attack you need to run, they are what is known as feral. If they stand on their hind legs upright and look like a tree, you may be safe, if they charge at you they are known as primal. If you ask them the following question and they answer you will be safe because they are civil. If the sun gives birth to the fire we wield, what gives birth to the wind we travel on?”

Dinky walked in front of her group and looked at the figure before asking, “If the sun gives birth to the fire we wield, what gives birth to the wind we travel on?” Her friends looked at her as if to ask “where did the question come from,” and the noticed the figure chuckle and respond.

“The sun gives us fire for it is what allows fire to exist, the wind we travel upon is made up of the hopes and dreams of the innocent souls the live upon the world. It is the first job of the ones who bear the light to protect the innocent, for as long as they exist so will the breeze that caries not only us dragons but the spirit of magic herself.” Upon finishing the figure removed their pitch black cloak to reveal a dragon with sunset orange covering nearly every scale of his body and his belly was emerald green along with his spines, claws, and the inside webbed areas of his wings. As the colts and fillies eyes traveled over him they all came to one agreement, he appeared to be carved from a very adamant substance like marble or diamonds.

“Why do you look that way?” Dinky finally asked as all four of the fillies were trying to hide their blushes. Her eyes betrayed her as she came upon his body again. Her golden irises noticed every scale as the moved on their own accord downward from his meaty chest to bricks making up his core. As they go lower she takes notice of the oak trees coming out of his waist and ending on the ground. She leans to her left as the takes notice of an anaconda trailing behind him ending in a razor sharp spade. Her eyes look up and make their way to his arms as they appear to be thick enough to break one of the apple trees in the orchard just by hugging it. Her gaze mover over to his wings as she took notice that his wings were no toothpicks. They were just as meaty as the rest of him. Her eyes finally found his face, and it was breath-taking. His jaw-bone easily seen through his scales, his cheeks shown a genuine smile and his head bear no horns but what took her breath away was his eyes. They shone like freshly fallen snow. “Where are your horns and what happened to your eyes?

Button walked right up in front of him and began waving in his face and he responded, “I can see you doing that even though I am blind. My horns were never there because my breed doesn’t have them and I look like this because I have trained my whole life. Now how did you know that saying young one?” His attention turned in the direction of Dinky.

“My dad told me a while ago about dragons if I may be so humble, what is your name and how do you see? Dinky asked him trying to maintain her composure as the other girls had fallen and were hugging their boyfriends.

“My name is Titanius Silverscale and I see by… all of you get behind me now. Something approaches and it is huge.” All of the CMC hide behind him as he flares out his wings and they act like a wall.

“Where are the little ones I saw? If you hurt them I will kill you without hesitation!” A voice stated and every member knew the owner.

“SPIKE!” they all said and ran out from behind him. After they all were in view Dinky turned to Titanius and explained.

“This is Spike. He is a dragon as well but you probably know that. He lives with a mare in town. He is usually friendly but some events have happened recently that have made him jumpy.” Turning to Spike, “This is Titanius-“

“Just Titan would be fine.” Titanius interjected.

“Okay. This is Titan Sliverscale and he saved us and Twist from a manticore. He is a good dragon and was not hurting us, we were just talking.” Dinky explained.

Spikes eyes widened at the use of his mother’s last name but did not interrupt. After she finished he turned to the CMC and asked, “Did you all happen to see Discord by any chance? Twilight has been looking for him.”

“Why?” was the response he got from all of them at once.

“Well let me explain so you will understand.”

-------------------------------------------------------------------
At Twilights Castle (past)

“SPIKE WHERE ARE YOU I NEED HELP WITH CLEANING THE CASTLE LIBRARY!” Echoed throughout the castle as spike lumbered over to his least favorite room. Twilight still yelling his name. After she stopped yelling his name he stopped moving as she screamed loud enough for Spike to burp up a scroll sent by Celestia that read WHAT THE BUCK IS SHE SCREAMING ABOUT?! He just tossed it aside and pushed open the door to see a book floating in front of Twilight as she was standing there staring at it. He rushed over and noticed a pencil sketch of what looked like Discords face talking, but no sound was coming out. Twilight turned to

Spike and whispered, “Discords soul is trapped in this book and he has no idea of how to get out. We need to find his body now.”

Spike looked at her like she was insane and asked bluntly, “why?”

“Because Spike, if Discord is stuck and it wasn’t the elements that trapped him there we are in for trouble.” As she finished talking Fluttershy walked in and announced,

“Discord is in town walking about. Twi why do you look like that?”

Twilight started twitching and mumbling to herself. Finally she looked at Spike and proclaimed, “We must find him and catch him but he could be anywhere.”

As the three of them pondered where to start. They noticed a desk drawer opening and a pink earth pony sprouting from it and asking, “Ok Twi I need to get back to the school. Discord said you needed my help with something so what is it?”

Spike took off through the roof and flew as fast as he could toward the school. On his way he saw a dragon.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Back in the present

“I’m sorry for the misunderstanding. I acted on impulse.” Spike said apologetically.

“I understand, but may I ask you a question?”

“Sure. I owe you that much” Spike replied

“What color is your flame and if you don’t mind what is the main color of your scales?”

“Emerald and purple why?” Spike answered sounding a little scared.

“The shadows shall never prevail, as long as they fight he who wields the green flame and wears the violet vail.” Titan whispered only loud enough for Spike to hear.

“What does that mean?” Spike asked.

“It means dear one that you are my lost brother. Your name is Samuel Silverscale. You went missing before you were hatched and now I have found you. I can now tell you how to use the family magic. But first we must find the last living member of the Sliver clan.” Titan explained as Spike noticed the mane six arriving he asked.

“Why is he so important? He is just a child?”

“The reason is simple. He is the only member of the Silver clan left. He controls magic even he does not know exists. He has can easily control the very essence’s of light. But it is the blood-line’s inner magic and secrets are the reason which he is in so much danger. All I know is this he is a dragon lord.

Author's Note:

Ok well now I am officially going on my own. So any creative ideas please put in comments. Titan is Spikes brother from his nest. More on that in the future. By the way if someone can match off the CMC pair-ups I will allow that person to match up the mane six anyway they want to. And I mean all of them including Quick Sliver, Titan, Spike, and Dinky. Remember that means the people you have to pair up are Sweetie Bell, Apple Bloom, Scootaloo, Rumble, Button Mash, Pipsqueak, Quick Sliver, Titan, Spike, and Dinky. Mac and Thunderlane has already been mentioned so that was a freebee. Above all I will except all comments with the exception of comments that sound like they were made as sinister remarks or something of that sort they will be sent through the forth wall and cast into oblivion.