• Published 1st Aug 2014
  • 389 Views, 7 Comments

The tale of Quick Silver - Crescent Edge



A colt with suprising abilities. From summoning creatures with divine powers to a magic called Spellblade. His life is always a twist at every turn as well as answering the mystery that has been in his head. Why does he have his abilities?

  • ...
16
 7
 389

Some light to pierce the darkness

“Now I come from-“that was all I could say before (crash) and the door was flying off the hinges. The last thing I remember seeing was mahogany wood painted a lovely shade of red.

Laying in a darkened room I hear a voice echoing from every direction. “An ancient evil has awakened, your family’s lives it has taken. It hungers to corrupt your soul, I will always be near you little foal. The only way to beat it was forgotten long ago, I am the only spirit who remembers how so. I must ask you to find the light that burns inside of you, only then can you find the light that burns true. I never meant for my descendants to become involved, for it was a problem I had thought I had already solved. I never thought my small mistake, would have caused my last descendent all this heartache. I must teach you the clan’s most powerful incantation, to alleviate the light’s devastation. Before you learn the spell you must cast, you must be enlightened upon the bloodlines past….”

Light shining down on me as I am laying on a mattress. My head is spinning and I can make out seventeen silhouettes. As colors come into focus I recognize seven of them from the clubhouse. Dinky walked up to me and started to explain the situation.

“You’re awake Quick Sliver! Well here are some ponies that want to talk to you after you got hit by the door. They are-” she pointed at a dark blue mare with wings and a horn with a mane that resembled the night sky, “Princess Luna,” she pointed at an alabaster mare with a horn and wings and a multi-toned mane, “Princess Celestia,” she pointed at a pink mare with wings and a horn with a two-toned mane that had yellow and light purple in it, “Princess Cadence,” She pointed at a lavender mare with wings and a horn with a black mane with a single purple-pinkish stripe in it, “Princess Twilight Sparkle,” she pointed at a teenage dragon with purple scales and green spines and emerald eyes, “her number one assistant Spike the dragon.” Her hoof moved to a tan Pegasus mare with a bright pink mane, “That’s Fluttershy.” She motioned toward a white unicorn mare with a curly purple mane, “That’s Sweetie Bells sister Rarity.” Her hoof moves again and now it is facing a yellow-orange mare with a blond braded mane and tail, “That’s Apple Blooms sister Applejack.” Another flick of her hoof and now its facing a sky-blue Pegasus with a mane that shown all seven colors of the rainbow, “That’s Rainbow Dash.” That’s when it happened, all I saw was a blur.

“Hi Quick Silver haven’t seen you in a while, how have you been?” I am face to face with a bright pink pony with an equally bright pink mane.

“Pinkie get off of him, he just… What do you mean by haven’t seen you in a while? Do you know him?” Twilight asked her.

“Well yea I do. He comes from Meteor Meadows, and he was a best friend to myself. Why did you ask me if I knew him? I never forget a friend.” Was her response as she makes a cupcake appear from out of nowhere and hands it to me saying. “Its phoenix cherry flavored enjoy. I’m late for my shift and need to go so we will have to catch up later. Bye-bye!” with that she just seemed to disappear.

Spike was sitting there staring at this kid with a feeling he had never felt before and it was making him wonder why he has it and what about this kid is making him feel this way.

“Well I am awful sorry I knocked you out. I heard a scream and I just wanted the make them girls safe. I didn’t mean for your head to get hurt. Would you forgive me?” Came a very emotion filled response from Applejack.

“Yes of course I will it was my fault for not ducking.” My wing then unfolds a little to feel my back for Ōrora which is not there. Now I am panicking because my only connection to my family is missing. My head starts to turn every direction trying to find it. I hear myself speak, “Hātorinku: Hikari no saiken” (Heart-link: Bond of light) as I finish a stream of light is released from my chest and it slithers around the room.

Celestia sees it coming toward her and she puts up a shield wanting to keep what it is looking for hidden but it passes through her shield and wraps around to reach behind her and grabs the thing she was hiding. Every notices a sheathed blade wrapped in stream of light and floating back to its rightful owner.

“Someone explain what happened please because this is hurting my brain!” Rainbow Dash finally spoke up.

Spike on the other hand was currently in a flashback,

You can’t do that, it hasn’t even hatched yet.

You are pathetic why stand up for an egg?

Because that egg has a light in it that can change the world.

You and your thing about lights, oops I dropped it.

No!

And you can’t even fly how will you save it? Hummm?

My inner light act like a grapple and save the thing I care for.

What non-sense you can’t do magic, you can’t even fly, and you are a waste of breath.

Hātorinku: Hikari no saiken!

How did you… YOU ARE A FREAK! The elder should banish you.

I was always alone but I met you and I wasn’t anymore. It is too dangerous for you to be here anymore. Maybe the elder can send you to a place where you can live a happy life. A place safe from here where you can let your light shine. But for now rest and be at ease and dream of home while you listen to my lullaby. When you wake you will be in the place that will accept your light.

For every flower has a field and every mountain has its snowy peak. Once your light has been unsealed you will find the place you seek

Spike now back in reality is watching this kid and realized why his heart of all things feels the way it does. This kid, who gave him up to give him the best life possible and saved him from death, has known nothing but sadness and loneliness for almost his life. Has a gift in his eyes to see light in the darkest of times and makes light when nothing but darkness existed. Then he heard a whisper with a motherly tone.

"He who can see the brightest of lights in the darkest of times, and create the purest of lights with the darkest of shadows is worthy of the most powerful of spells.”

Twilight turned to look at Spike, while everypony stars at Quick Silver hugging his blade, who eyes show a new look to Twilight. “Spike what did you say? Why are you looking a Quick Silver like that and what is up with your eyes.” Spike gave no response he just walked up and kissed Quick Silvers forehead. A voice rang through the room and every soul heard its cry.

“Magic I was given by Novitra Silvermane that she sealed with her own life, I send you through my son into her last descendent. Rest within her bloodline once more. For as my last act as Queen I fulfil my vow to my closest friend and my only sister. Dragon Technique last breath art. Shīru tensō (Seal transfer). Once you have broken the seal you wield the greatest of all magic, Saigo (Ultima).

Upon the voice finishing runes surround the two and everypony sees the writing enter Quick Silvers chest and the two collapse in unison.

“Well that happened, would any princess care to explain what happened and who that was and why they were talking through Spike-wikey?” Rarity asked sounding very freaked out.

“Tia please tell me what I think that was all about is false and I am just over thinking it? Please answer me! TIA!” Luna yelled at her sister who was staring off into space.

“Sister remember the story that mother used to tell us about? The one about a Pegasus mare who gave her own life to banish a creature that existed before light itself? The one you had me tell you the night you came back home.” Was Celestia’s answer still looking into space.

“Yes the tale described her as an angel whose coat bear a glow that was too pure to be called white and whose mane was that of the most breath-taking silver. The legend went any-creature that met her amber gaze could see how they would pass. Why would I forget?” Luna responded looking puzzled.

“Because my dear sister I feel as though the fight was never finished. Mom told me on her death bed that the creature was sealed but not beaten. Look upon this child does he not resemble the hero?” Was Celestia’s comeback.

Meanwhile right outside the room overhearing everything was one hyperactive pony mumbling to herself, “Well, well my dear sister. What have you planned for? All that time ago you left and I promised I would keep an eye on Quick Silver, but dear sister you never told me what you foresaw his future holding. How do you feel knowing that the soul destined to finish that battle all that long ago is a foal that knows nothing about his destiny?” Taking a baked pastry out of her mane and bit into it smiling thinking to herself, “Welcome home my little nephew, welcome to my family Quick Silver,” and with that bounced away.

Author's Note:

The violet colored section was a flashback from when spike was just an egg. All he herd was voices because he hadn't hatched yet. To clarify after the other kid yelled at him and called him a freak the other colt left. The part that goes,For every flower has a field and every mountain has its snowy peak. Once your light has been unsealed you will find the place you seek, is a part of a lullaby I am working for Quick Silver to sing. There will be a back story that explains the significance of the lullaby. If you want an idea of how it sounds so far private message me and if you have any ideas on how to make it better I will most defiantly take in your ideas and if I use them you will defiantly will be credited.