• Published 27th Jul 2014
  • 1,003 Views, 32 Comments

Twin Night Terror's - FluffyDoom



An old pony’s tale draws two twins to everfree forest. When they find the tale to be true, one soon regrets the adventure, while the other enjoys the outcome a little too much.

  • ...
3
 32
 1,003

PART 2: Surprise

Part2

Chapter 7: The Surprise

Astra had awoken as the sun began to set and twilight came. She woke up feeling a little sick, but insisted on seeing the moon with them. Even when she was informed on what was happening.

“I don’t care that I am turning into a vampire, I just want one last moment of normality before I become one big secret to the world!” She insisted.

Eclipse and Shimmer had easily given in after that, not wishing to deny her that before she became a recluse and lived during the night, and only to hunt at that time too. So Shimmer filled her sister in on what happened, and Eclipse began to set up the telescope.

“Luna stopped your body from rejecting it, but she didn’t really mention how.” Shimmer admitted. “Only that it was the only way or something.”

Astra gulped. “I think I know how she did it.” She finally said. “I… I think she removed my Unicorn powers, or at least most of them.”

“That’s horrible!” Shimmer gasped, her rage easily returning. “How dare that so-called princes-”

“Shimmer, shush.” Astra said sternly. “This magick, or power, infection? See, we aren’t even sure what it is. It is foreign, and unknown. Luna herself said she had limited knowledge on it. Maybe this really was the only way?”

Shimmer bit her lips, and finally replied. “Yeah, maybe it was.” She growled.

“Girls. The moon is rising!” Eclipse called from outside, near the boulders.

“Coming!” Shimmer chimmed. “I can’t wait to see that night sky through the telescope.” She said excitedly.

They ran outside and skidded to a halt as they neared the boulders near their home. They still weren’t sure why boulder were there, but they planned on sitting on top of them. As the moon slowly rose higher and higher, Astra sighed with content.

She may have been changing into an undead freak, but her sister seemed to accept the fact, and Eclipse was always supportive. Along with the knowledge from the past, and the bags of blood that had been given to them (along with the forever-working fridge), she believed things may just be alright.

“Now girls, the moon is going to peak around midnight tonight, not exactly that time, but after we look at it for a few minutes it is off to bed for both of you.” Eclipse said sternly.

“Yes, mom.” Shimmer smirked.

Eclipse stared at her dumbfounded, then facehoofed. “Dear Luna, I really do sound like a mother!” She groaned.

They sat their, bickering and joking, mostly trying to make Astra comfortable. They both knew her time was limited to being a regular pony. How much time? They were unsure, but whatever time was left, they planned on making it the best for her. Shimmer was putting in extra effort to keep her unexplained rage down.

“Looks girls, the moon is as high as it can get tonight!” Eclipse squeaked with joy and brought her telescope to her eye.

She gazed at the beautiful night sky, everything enhanced with her wonderful object. She felt herself going into a trance at the large luminous object in the sky, and would have if it had not been for the low groan of pain on her left.

“Shimmer?” She handed the telescope to Astra, or tried too.

Astra was now mewling in pain too, as her hooves touched her head.

“What a splitting headache!” She managed to get out.

Shimmer had no words as her pain grew. When she opened her eyes to beg silently for help from Eclipse, all she saw was clear surprise and worry.

“Shimmer, dear!” She said, not knowing what to do. “Astra?”

Both twins merely groaned in pain, and then Shimmers body began to twitch. Her legs spazzed with pain as shakes racked her body. The fur on her began to take a black color, while her mane recided to regular fur length. As that happened her bones began to crack and pop. That was when the screaming started.

Loud shrieks of pain frightened Eclipse badly, bad enough that she jumped right off the boulder. Astra seemed oblivious to them though as she rolled right off the boulder.

Shimmer felt her bones breaking, her teeth growing. Her hoof split and cracked. Her chest widened, and her snout lengthened. Her high-pitched girlish creams of agony turned to low growling complaints of aches. As soon as it had begun, it was over, but instead of a pony writhing on the rocks in pain, there was a grey-wolf standing on them, ready for the hunt.

Eclipse gasped at the sudden transformation, and the first feeling she felt was betrayal. Luna had not cured Shimmer, and now Shimmer had gone through unbearable agony only to come bounce back from it as a wolf. An angry looking wolf who was hungry.

The black wolf turned its yellow glare on her and howled, causing her to shriek in fear, while Astra continued to groan next to her. She picked up the Unicorn and began to back away slowly, her thoughts turning to the house. She knew Shimmer could break down that door, so where else could she hide?

The cellar! Her mind screeched.

Suddenly the Earth pony mare turned tail and ran, hoping she could outpace the werewolf child. Sadly, the ‘child’ had longer legs and more muscle in her new form. Easily, the predator caught up to the prey, and it looked like she was about to catch them.

Wham! Something black and holey slammed into the wolf. “Run you idiots!” A voice screeched as it was easily batted aside. It was Marcus, the changeling!

“Mar-”

Eclipse was cut off as the bug painfully got up and tried to fly in circles around it. “Run, I said! I got this thing under control for now! The faster you get to safety, the faster I can flee!”

She did not pause to wait for the brave bug to fly off, she obeyed him instead and finally reached the cellar. She entered it swiftly and locked the doors. Now that she was in a relatively safe place, she prepared to hunker down for the night.

Astra was in pain, and it wasn’t the agonizing type that went away swiftly, no, it was far different from her sisters.

It had started out soft, an easily ignorable ache that was off and on. Then it stopped disappearing, but that was ok, she could still ignore it. It grew on though, refusing to leave her, not even for a second. Than out of no where, sharp pains exploded not only in her head, but in her back and a fire burned within her.

This fire was all consuming, it consumed a little more of her Unicorn powers, and then in continued to consume her life-force. The sharp pains in her head seemed to be rewiring her very brain and its wants and needs. It no longer wanted to hunger for food, nor thirst for water, it demanded something else. A strange substance she couldn’t make out through the pain. The pain the withered over her back was like a giant bear using her back for pincushions for its claws. At least it was only in two spots.

What she was unable to see though, was that her back had slit open and two wet things were sliding out. She did not see the blood starting to pool around her from them emerging, and she could not hear Eclipse’s cries of panic, nor Shimmers growlings of rage. She could not feel anything besides the pain, the the fire, or the stabs in her head. She didn’t even feel as her heart slowed down. Thump, thump, thump, it softly continued, slower and slower until it stopped completely.

Soon the fire left her body, and the pain in her back dulled down to a simmering ache. Her head had stopped its painful changing, and when she tried to lick her mouth, desperately searching for something to water her parched tongue, she felt tiny spikes for teeth.

This stuff did not worry her though, and through instinct alone she stopped making noises of pain to lift up her nose in search of food.

Eclipse stood in fear as Astra stopped making noises completely while she lay in a puddle of gore and pain. Around her, blood softly spread out as her back bleed profusely and wings popped out. They hadn’t exactly popped out, it was really more like a slow, sickening, emerging. When Astra stopped moving for a few seconds, her adrenaline began to leave her body, but Astra twitched and it came back in a rush.

The Unicorn, with her eyes still closed, lifted her nose and made a loud sniffing sound. Unknowingly, her mouth swung open, and her tongue lolled out. Seconds later she stopped smelling the air and an annoyed, yet animalistic, look sprawled out on her face. Her blood-red eyes popped open and she hissed.

She hissed right at Eclipse and backed up, her still wet wings flaring out in either fear, or anger. The terrified adult could not tell. At least Astra did not seem to be in the attacking mood. In fact, it appeared to her that Astra was trying to escape Eclipse, but why?

Sensing the stand-still they had come too, the mare let out her breath she had unknowingly been holding. She sat down and a sharp streak ran through her leg. She bit back a yelp of pain and looked down, then nearly fainted on the spot.

Her adrenaline had distracted her from the blood-gushing wound on her leg, and to her it was a mystery why Astra never attacked considering she needed blood and such. Keeping one wary eye on the feral Vampire, she took a closer look at her leg an winced.

It gushed blood from a long, deep scratch that would probably need stitches.As she thought about it she felt her self beginning to become dizzy with the loss of blood. Looking around the cellar frantically, she hoped to spy some spare cloth. Sadly, without any type of light, she could hardly see, and that meant she would have to get up to look.

Gingerly, she stood on three legs, and whimpered at any abrupt movement made on her part. Slowly and carefully, still half-watching the wild Astra, she made her way to the nearest crate and rummaged around it. To her relief there was a strand of old cloth, though it was fairly dirty and moth-eaten. Sighing defeatedly she beat out all of the dirt she could and wiped off the rest. Knowing she would be able to get anything better for the rest of the night she found a stick and made a decent troquet. At least her first-aid skills were being put to use, though she might lose a limb from it.

For the rest of the night Astra stayed in the darkness of the cellar hissing at Eclipse, who fought off blood-loss and death, while Shimmer ran wild around the house.

Author's Note:

Here is part two! Sorry it took so long, I have been sick. Like really sick. Been cough and sneezing for the past three days, and with my head all clogged up with mucus and me not being able to breath through my nose, well, been really hard to type. I am feeling much better today though, and should be fine soon.
Well, surprise ^-^. Luna failed, the Moon Princess much like her sister is not all powerful. And there is proof Celestia is not all powerful *cough*Changelingsfeatingher*cough*
What? I'm sick, of course I'm going to cough!
Anyway, tell me any glaring mistakes, there are prolly some due to the fact that I have been sick and my head has been bugging me.