• Published 27th Jul 2014
  • 1,004 Views, 32 Comments

Twin Night Terror's - FluffyDoom



An old pony’s tale draws two twins to everfree forest. When they find the tale to be true, one soon regrets the adventure, while the other enjoys the outcome a little too much.

  • ...
3
 32
 1,004

All According to Plan.

Chapter 14: All according to plan.

“Ashta, how could you!” Her words bellowed out, and in desperation she found herself somehow slowing the change, but not stopping it. “They aren't safe!”

Ashta blinked. “No one denies me a way to break my curse.” She stated simply and teleported out of there, not bothering to explain herself.

Fearfully, Heartsong jumped from the bushes. “Shimmer dear, what is happening to your body!” She cried.

Shimmer could not stop her body as it grew long and larger. Already her face had taken on wolfier qualities. A long snout and wolf ears, stilted eyes replaced her regular pony ones. When she spoke, it was with a growl and sharp teeth. “Run!” She managed. “Lycan curse!” Curse, surely she would understand curse?

Song did not run, and Poet joined her in the clearing. “No, not until you tell me what is happening!” Song stated, stomping a hoof.

Closing her eyes, Shimmer fought off the wolf, she found it easier since the last two times, but it was still hard to resist. “Idiots!” She snapped, and in a guttural roar, she slammed into them both, claws first. As she made impact with them, her hooves broke and the claws came out, leaving small scratches on them, but Shimmer failed to notice that. “RUN!” She snarled and ran off, wishing to lose them.

They didn't follow, and the wolf ran free that night, but this time Shimmer kept half of her mind, but she hated it. She hated the fact that she could still remember the looks of potent fear on their faces, the betrayal she saw when she ran them over. The fear she loved to smell as they let out frightened whimpers.

Shimmer loved the wolf, and she hated it, and now she began to feel that she would be unable to live without it. It would always interfere with her life, and she was beginning to see that as she chewed on a timber wolf that had foolishly challenged her.

She reveled in the strong fluid swipes of her paws, and howled joy when the timber wolf broke like an ill-built toy. The wolf chewed on its remains, preventing it from forming again, crushed its green heart, making sure it would forever stay dead. Shimmer couldn't outrun the wolf, it was too fast.

So she could only accept the wolf, and the fact she wouldn't be able to have friends with it. It became clear to her on that night as she forced herself to keep busy with the dead timber wolf, and its companions when they showed up for revenge.

So she could only do one thing. Change her name, and go away. Maybe hide in the house like her sister, or maybe she would leave her sister and Eclipse too…

Wait, Eclipse was a Lycan, her beta! The wolf in her began to take over what little of her pony mind remained. Where was her beta.

Other!” She howled as loud as she could.

Alpha!” the faint howl answered her ears, it was so far away even her own sensitive ears had trouble picking it up.

Using the new found power of control within her, she snarled the command. “YOU ARE SUMMONED!”

It was only slightly louder, showing beta was already on the move. It was nothing more than a simple howl to show where she was.

The two ponies woke up near the castle. Shimmer had a sinking feeling she would always wake up near the area of her current residence. It was like an internal instinct that yelled home was there.

She got up on stiff wobbly legs, but nothing came up that time. Unfortunately for Eclipse though, she was barfing twigs once more. It had been another night of timber wolf killing for the two.

“Shimmer.” She finally managed with a cough. “Where are we?”

“Near my current home.” She answered bitterly. “Where I thought I would be safe!”

Eclipse forgot her own condition for a second. “Wait, you aren't safe here? Than we need to go! I won’t let them lay another hoof-” She was silenced when Shimmer put a hoof to her mouth.

“Not like that.” She sighed wearily, and took her hoof away to wipe it on the grass. Eclipse still had barf on her mouth “They are nice…. Though I don’t know if they will accept me anymore.”

“Why not?” Eclipse asked.

“Ashta.” She growled. “She went all crazy, demanding I turn a male pony to break her curse. I won’t even get into it at the moment.” She warned. “Ashta is a crazy Unicorn, with an even crazier ancestry. Leave it at that, please, just for now.”

Eclipse nodded numbly before changing the topic. “Did you uh… Accidentally hurt them last night?”

“No, I don’t think so.” She closed her eyes to call up the memory.

She threw her outrageously large body at them just as the rest of the transformation began to take hold… Her hoofs/paws had felt nothing more than a tingle as she barreled into them, claws first… Claws first! She saw the sheen of her bone-white claws in the moonlight, but she wasn't sure if she clawed them.

Whimpering she opened her eyes. “I might have! We have to go to them!”

Eclipse got up and stumbled after Shimmer as they went to the nearby ruined castle. Her eyes widened at their destination, but she followed her friend nonetheless when she entered. They saw two Earth ponies being treated by a static Unicorn.

“No!” Shimmer shrieked. “No, no, no!” Tears began to form in her eyes.

They two sleeping ponies jolted awake while Ashta blended into the shadows once more.

“Shimmer..?” Song managed to mutter as she sat up. “We forgive you for attacking us. Ashta explained you have a condition…”

Poet forced himself up too, rubbing his uncovered and newly-gained scars. “Yeah, she said you couldn’t control yourself. She didn’t say much more than that you were a Lycan though, which means you are a pony wolf.”

Shimmer cried. “I don’t deserve your forgiveness.” She crawled over to them. “Because this situation is much worse than you two think. Why did you follow me?”

Song narrowed her eyes in concentration. “It’s a bit hazy, but Ashta convinced us too. Hey, who’s the newcomer?” She asked, scratching her own light scar.

“Eclipse, but focus please. Ashta convinced you two to follow me?” She wiped away the tears, letting anger take their place. “She tricked you! Ticked me! She lead you to me so I would infect you!” She snarled. “And I probably did too!”

Song jolted back, and Poet stared wide-eyed. “Infected? With what?” Heartsong demanded.

“Lycanthropy…” Eclipse murmured. She gazed at their scratched. “It is spread when a pony transforms into their wolf counterpart. You can get it through their claws clawing you, or them biting you. OH um… Heh, I am also a Lycan.”

Ashta reemerged from the shadows and chuckled. “Looks like we got the whole pack here.”

Shimer growled as she stood up and began to advance. “We are not a pack!” She growled, not realizing she was equal to the older ponies height.

“Your stature says otherwise, alpha.” Ashta replied loftily.

Shimmer paused mid-stride and looked around. She was was advancing like an angry wolf! She straightened up and spoke. “Joke is on you Ashta. Last night I noticed I was more aware than ever, for half of the night I managed to keep in one spot and maintain a good chunk of my pony mind. After that I was still more cunning than the average wolf. I think that if those two do turn I will be able to reel them in, after all you said it yourself. I am an alpha.”

Ashta’s eye twitched. “The curse will spread! You can’t keep three pups in line! You are too new at it!”

Eclipse stepped forward. She wasn’t completely sure what was going on, but she knew the term pup. “Ah, but next full moon I won’t be a pup. It will be my third turn, and my position currently is beta, which won’t be threatened for another three moons.”

Ashta began to shake all over, but she made no move. “You all are lucky I can’t hex you!” She shouted and teleported off.

Shimmer relaxed her shoulders and looked down, she was so drained.

“Will somepony explain what is going on!” Paper Poet finally snapped. “You three were talking in riddles and acting like you were all part wolf, which I guess you are!” The usually timid stallion had been made bold with fear and anger at the unknown situation.

Still looking down, Shimmer spoke. “I suppose I should explain… Oh, and from now on I want to be called Silver Howl. Shimmer is a happy pony of the past, one who had a normal life. I can never have that.”

Shimmer spared no useful details in her explanation, but those not relevant to the story were either left out or shortened. She started at the beginning and gave a chopped up version of the journey to the cave with the gems, then went into depth on the last three moons. From her control problems with Astra, to the accidental turning of Eclipse, and the truth about Ashta. She went on to explain the first two transformations, and at the end Eclipse butted in with her newly found knowledge she gained after Shimmer flew off. Soon the two nearly-unbelieving Earth ponies had been caught up.

“That’s… A lot to take in.” Song finally spoke after a few minutes of silence.

“I know, but it is true!” Shimmer, or now known as Silver Howl informed.

“It’s nothing to change your name over though.” Poet said gently to Silver Howl.

“I must though, so I don’t let myself be fooled into the thought of having a normal life.” She sighed. “My name is now a reminder, a reminder I am a Lycan, not your average pony.”

“What about us?” Song demanded, waving a hoof at her and the other two. “Do we not live the normal life also?”

“Live it if you can, but I can’t.” Shimmer said. “I can’t cope with it.”

“If you can’t then what makes you think we can?” She demanded.

“Eclipse can cope with it.” Silver nodded her head to the blue pony.

Eclipse shrugged. “It takes a bit of getting used to, but yes, I have learned. Shim-Silver, so could you. You are only 16, 16 year olds are always making rash decisions.” She urged.

Silver Howl looked at her. “Yeah, but I am a 16 year old who can kill.” She sighed. “Aren’t I special?”

“Don’t talk that way! We can get… Princess Luna, she could help these fine folks.” Eclipse nodded her head to the other two. “And, I bet she could get a job for you, maybe special guard duty.”

Silver shook her head no. “I won’t take guard duty, I hate being commanded and controlled. I can’t be in a position of power either, we saw what happens.”

Eclipse was not willing to let Silver run away again. “Shimmer.” She said, using the name she knew her by. “Don’t let this craziness go to your head. Please, don’t run away again. What about Astra?”

Silver sighed. “Astra… Maybe my twin will be better off without me? I just don’t think I can cope in pony society… Eclipse, I love being a wolf. I love my Lycan counterpart. I enjoy the strength, increased senses, and everything that comes with it. And last night? It was even better because I regained some of my pony mind. I don’t think I could live a normal life and always know that in a few weeks or nights, I will be a wolf anyway. Listen, I know I don’t have good reasons for you, but I just need some time for me. So I can plan my life, find good places to hide in the woods if I do decide to get a regular life.”

“What about your friends then? Hmm? You saw last night, you can’t stop being alpha, and I can’t stop being beta. Stay long enough to teach them at least, please?” Eclipse persuaded.

“Fine!” Silver suddenly snapped. “I will stay long enough to teach them, and I guess we will be meeting every full moon anyway. But, I want you to do something.” She sat down in an old chair.

“What?”

“Get every scrap of Lycan information from that cave and bring it here. Please.” Silver sighed. “I don’t want anymore surprises.”

“Deal. What should I tell your sister?”

“Bring her here, because this will be the last time she sees me for a while.” Silver informed her.

“Ok, also, I think I will be bringing Luna with her. Princess Luna will want to keep track of every new Lycan or Vampire.” Eclipse nodded.

The silent couple spoke up, and Song let out a huff of annoyance. “Silver hun, this is getting too wild for me! Poet and I are going to sleep in another room. When you can make this a bit more sane, come and get us.” She snapped and dragged her husband up. Each limped off, supporting one another.

Silver watched them go. “See? I shouldn’t even have contact with ponies. That happens. Come get me when you find Luna, I will be in the woods nearby, experimenting.”

“Experimenting with what?”

“My Lycan powers.” Was the simple answer and she walked off.

Author's Note:

Once again, gonna make the second story lots better than this. Cause ya.
Another chapter done and done.