• Published 27th Jul 2014
  • 1,003 Views, 32 Comments

Twin Night Terror's - FluffyDoom



An old pony’s tale draws two twins to everfree forest. When they find the tale to be true, one soon regrets the adventure, while the other enjoys the outcome a little too much.

  • ...
3
 32
 1,003

Gathering the Ponies

Chapter 15: Gathering the Ponies.

Eclipse had made for a frenzied gallop to the only pony who could contact Luna at a moment notice, and she prayed that Twilight would be home. Huffing with effort at the long run, she forced herself to go on.

At this rate, she thought to herself with a grim chuckle, I should join a track team.

The Everfree creatures were not fast enough to bother her as dusty hooves hit the ground, propelling the freshly cleaned, but now once more dirtied mare. A pity she would have to be meeting Princess Twilight in such a state, she even attempted to get washed up before her mad dash!

The trail came to an end, but she didn't slow her pace as she barreled into town. Ignoring the murmurs that whipped past her ears, she dodged pony after pony as the crystal library came into view. Not many princesses could claim to live in a castle library.

Finally allowing herself a break, she let out a long breath and limped up to the doors on wobbly legs. A guard stopped her though.

“Halt, citizen, why were you running here?” The friendship guard asked, his face serious.

She let out a breath. “Need… To see… Princess Twilight Sparkle.” She tried to smooth out her hair. “Very… Important.”

The guards eyed her, disbelief plain to see. “We hear that a lot miss, what is so important Princess Twilight must see it?”

Eclipse racked her mind, only Princess Luna knew, but surely she could tell them something? Wait, wasn’t Ashta related to the shadow pony? Nah, they wouldn’t buy a rumor.

Straining up the best she could, she gave them a steely glance. “Princess Twilight Sparkle has met me once upon a time, and that was requested by Princess Luna. Princess Luna has top secret things going on in the destroyed castle of the Royal Pony Sisters.” She informed them. “I have found something there that could risk Equestrias safety! If you do not believe me, ask Princess Twilight herself if she has ever met a pony named Eclipse.”

“I think I will ask her.” The left guard snorted.

Ponyville was known for many wacky, and dangerous things, happening nearby. Sadly, that castle was nearby too, and if this were any other city that held a princess, the guards would not budge, yet it was Ponyville, and when a pony made that type of claim the guards at least investigated it.

Minutes later, a guard who wore a look of disbelief was followed by the regal princess herself. Eclipse made a small bow, but quickly got back to all fours. “Princess, I am so sorry this is such short notice.” She said.

Twilight looked her over with an observing eye. “Come with me.” She suggested. “Luna obviously wants this to be top secret.” At her last few words all four ponies heard a loud pop.

“Top secret! I love secrets!” A male voice laughed behind Eclipse.

Glancing behind her, she let out a small eep as she tilted her head upwards to get the full view of the chaos lord, Discord.

“Sorry Discord, but this is not for you.” Twilight raised a hoof, her face annoyed. “Besides, weren’t you planning parties with Pinkie?”

He stuck out a tongue. “Oh you just want to distract me!” He pouted,then his face changed to that of interest. “Say Twi-twi, do you have a magickal scanner on you?” He spontaneously asked.

“Of course I do, Discord.” She snorted. “But why don’t you simply scan with your own magick?”

Discord did a little loop in the air. “I told you, my magick is chaotic, it might get out of hand!” A snap of his fingers and one of the guards had two heads.

Much to Discords disappointment, the guard did not react.

“Discord, please turn me back to normal.” He sighed like it happened all the time.

Eclipse swallowed. “Princess Twilight, I do hate to interrupt, but we must get on.” She said politely.

“Agreed. Discord, fix my guard so I can attend to this matter.”

Discord gave an evil smile as hedge clippers appeared. “Gladly!” He chuckled. “Now mister guard, your heard the princess, give your stallion hood to me!”

“DISCORD!” Twilight shouted in a most un-princess like way.

The shears disappeared as the guard whimpered and Discord gave a sigh. “I was just joking.” He grumbled and poked the guard in his extra head, making it float off like a balloon and pop. “Anyway Twilight, my point has been made. Magickal scanner please.”

Twilight growled as she summoned one and threw it at him.

“Thank you ever so kindly, princess of friendship!” He laughed and waved at her before teleporting off.

“Princess?” Eclipse murmured.

“Yes, sorry sorry!” Twilight gasped. “Close your eyes, I am teleporting us!”

Obeying, Eclipse felt the ground move from underneath her one second, and the next she was on her rump on a cold crystal floor. She opened her eyes, and gasped in awe. The prettiest blue and green colors floated around her, light dancing off the glorious walls. Next to her, eight majestic thrones sat, all made out of the same beautiful minerals.

A hoof snapped in front of her face. “Eclipse, you needed something? I can only hold Discord and his curiosity off for so long.”

Eclipse cleared her head with a shake and spoke after clearing her throat. “Oh, yes, I need to give a leader to Princess Luna. It is of grave matters.”

Twilight nodded, and paper and quill appeared. “Ok, is it still forbidden from me?” The princess asked.

Eclipse nodded her head sadly. “I am afraid so, very sorry prin-” A loud pop announced Discord once more.

“I knew it!” He yelled in victory, pointing an accusing hoof at Eclipse. “That pony has ancient magick practically oozing from her. Seriously Twilight, you must scan your guests more often.” He added, giving a snort her direction.

Twilight narrowed her eyes and a warm wave erupted from her horn. It splashed over Eclipse, and a giddy look appeared on her face.

“Oh. My. Gosh.” She said. “I need to study you! How do you have grey wolf DNA? I thought they were extinct!”

Eclipse panicked and raised her voice, even if she could have been banished for it. “No!” She yelled. “I must get a letter to Luna, she doesn’t want you guys to know! I refuse to tell you!”

Twilight was not deterred though, and stopping the lord of chaos was near impossible.

“Nonsense, Celestia demands that any experiments like you be done with only volunteers, and that she and every princess has knowledge about it. Is Princess Luna doing something illegal?”

“Yes, is she?” Discord butted in.

Eclipse bristled at the idea. “She did not make this happen! This was beyond her control.” Glaring at Twilight and at the end of her patience with the day already, she pointed her hoof at the newest princess. “You made it happen when you gave the some twins a forbidden book! Luna said you wouldn’t believe its contents and felt it posed no danger, but it did. Now Luna wishes to clean up your mess, so may I please write to her!” At the end of her rant her eyes grew big and she covered her mouth with her hooves. “Please don’t banish me.” She whimpered.

Twilight was stunned, and rarely was she speechless such as now. Discord however was clawing his chin in thought.

“I think we should get Luna.” He finally said and snapped his fingers.

The night princess who had been sitting and apparently eating, fell onto the floor, and she got up in a rage.

“Discord, you are to warn us before that!” She snapped, not taking note of where she was.

He shrugged. “Put up better shields, now, care to tell us about Eclipse?”

Luna cocked an eyebrow and finally looked around, then a rather loud groan escaped her. “Eclipse, did you really have to tell them?”

Eclipse bowed. “I am sorry, Princess Luna, but this is an emergency. Shimmer, who is now Silver Howl, plans on running off because some decent of the Shadow Mare tricked her into turning two homeless ponies.”

Luna’s ears perked. “I don’t want to know, just, where is this happening?”

“The castle of the Two Pony Sisters.” Eclipse had stopped bowing. “I also request we get Astra.”

Luna nodded and glanced at the other immortals in the room. “Twilight, have Spike send this letter to my sister.” She said as she got a letter from out underneath her wing. “Do not read this. Discord, do not read this.” She ordered. “I feared this would be beyond my control.” She sighed. “Twilight Sparkled, unless Celestia orders so, do not follow us, same for you Discord.” She growled the name.

“Oh, you guys are on fun!” He snorted. “When you want to involve me, I will be with Pinkie!” He plopped a party hat on his head.

Luna suddenly scooped Eclipse onto her back. “I can teleport up to 50 miles with a pony on my back.” She assured the nervous Earth mare who already hated teleportation.

A flash of blue later.

“Astra, we demand you get out here!” The royal voice echoed through the house.

A dazed, and frightened Vampire stumbled out of her home. “Princess Luna? I swear, I told nopony!”

Luna nodded. “We know, but we are in a hurry, hop on my back, and hang onto Eclipse.”

Surprised, Astra jumped on. “What’s happening?” The teenager asked.

Luna wore a grim face. “Shimmer, now Silver Howl apparently, has accidentally turned other ponies, but did so under the influence of a certain shadow mare.” She said. “Now ready for teleportation!” She reared.

Another flash of blue and they appeared at the entrance of the palace. Eclipse slid off and groaned. “I never want to teleport again!” She said.

Luna waved a hoof. “No time for stomach troubles, my little pony, where are the newly made Lycans and Silver?”

“Follow me, I guess.” Eclipse sighed.

“Somepony please inform me in depth!” Astra shouted.

“I do not know the full details yet, either.” Luna shrugged. “Though I suppose I could get them right now. Eclipse, please hold still.”

Unsure of what Luna wanted, she did as asked. Luna touched her horn to Eclipse and a headache rang through her head as the princesses eyes flashed blow. When all was done, she nodded her head, a worried look on her face. Another flash of her horn and scrolls appeared, floating above them.

“These are the scrolls of Lycan information.” She explained to them. “Lead the way now.”

Dizzily she walked into the room where Silver last was.

“Silver?” She called out.

“Here.” Came a deep growl.

Frightened, the ponies, save for the princess, flinched in fear.

“Please, do not shy away. I learned how to shift on will!” A wolf bounded into view. “See?” The wolf gave a grin.

A flash of yellow announced the appearance of the sun princess. “I came as soon as possible Luna!” Celestia said as she bounded to her smaller sister. “Why did you try to keep this from me? You may not remember your past avatar thanks to your time on the moon, but I do, and this needs to be stopped now!”

Author's Note:

I think I wrote a pretty good Discord at least. Popping second heads he created, threatening to fix the guard like you fix a dog with some plant sheers... Yeah, that sounds like him XD Poor guard, sounds like he is bugged by Discord a lot too!
Too bad I don't think I will be having a lot of Discord (the character, there gonna be lots of chaos XD) in my much better second book!
Anyway, another chapter, we are almost done here.